Connie Mack Stadium Update

paulw

Well, I was snowed in today in "beautiful" Wisconsin so I got a chance to do a little modding I've wanted to get at. I'm trying to get a decent background behind the right field wall for mine and Hyman's Connie Mack (Shibe Park) Stadium. You can see just some tops of stuff in this image. I've also added one of the signs on top of the left field roof that kind of looks cool. I'll post another pic that actually shows more of the North Philly background.

Sean - I was offline all afternoon (work) and this evening (one of my daughters had a concert at school), so I'm just seeing this message now. I'll add my own hip, hip, hooray to this news. :)

Paul actually sent me a message a few weeks ago saying that the 1956 mod inspired him to get back to modding again, and he's got a few other stadiums in the works from that time period!

..nobody? Nobody is commenting that Paul is back and modding again, even if just one park?

I, for one, am pretty darn happy. Welcome back man.

Thanks, Sean! Here's a pic where you can actually see more of the work I did. I always felt this park wasn't ever completely finished. It's beautiful, industrial North Philly in the background.

You're not crazy, 112155. It's just a game you like to play. When I need to get away and just play stuff on my PC I usually either play a round of golf with Tiger Woods (BTW, TW 08 is really a nice graphic update) or - more strangely I think - play with the Sims 2. For some reason those sims absolutely fascinate me.

Here's another project I've worked on a little - it's an update of the scoreboard at old Cleveland Municipal I did when I started putzing around with TC 1956:

You're not crazy, 112155. It's just a game you like to play. When I need to get away and just play stuff on my PC I usually either play a round of golf with Tiger Woods (BTW, TW 08 is really a nice graphic update) or - more strangely I think - play with the Sims 2. For some reason those sims absolutely fascinate me.

Here's another project I've worked on a little - it's an update of the scoreboard at old Cleveland Municipal I did when I started putzing around with TC 1956:

Haha don't worry, I have almost every Sims game.

paulw is a true Legend amoung us Oldtime Classic Baseball enthusiast ........... he has earned his rightful place on the "Wall of Fame" in my retirement room !

My beloved '64 Phillies can now blow the pennant in beautiful surroundings !!!

Nice to have you back; good luck on your current project. The pics look nice.

I guess it's easy to leave but it's hard to stay away.

On a side note, a "Wall of Fame" may not be a bad idea ... or an "MVPmods Hall of Fame". There can be some sort of criteria and a select number that are eligible. People can either vote someone in or out only once. It could be a way to honor the modders or major contributors. And from reading this thread, I imagine paulw would be first ballot without a doubt.

BTW ... stecropper ... he may be out of retirement ... so I guess you have to take him down from the wall. LOL

All the Retirement Room Contents are looking Great ! They are all piled up in closets, on shelves and under beds .......... My wife still has not let me have any of the rooms my kids no longer need in the least to start setting all this stuff up ......... but I'll be patient.

At least I have my retirement room Big Screen LCD TV working and really enjoying it while awaiting my retirement room move in date ???

Have the wallpaper and basically about 90+% of all the stuff I had planned on having in it. Only thing I have yet in hand is the actual Major League Ballpark Turnstyle .... chairs, rugs, end tables etc etc are all ready to go ........ Once I'm in then I will start building my MVPMods Oldtime Baseball "Wall of Fame" as a tribute to all those that have contributed so much to this experience ..........

My Family members say I will have a "Museum" ---- & I have to agree with them especially when you see all the old time magazines from the '60s; all the DVDs; Stadium Models; Player Figurines etc etc etc

Speaking of the "Wall of Fame":

First round of inductees were Robert Glass; FuzZ; AlexTony; tywiggins; Sandman; Trues

Second round of inductees were Jim825, Yanks763, Hory, krawhitham, Pirate, PaulW

Third round of inductees are Sean O, HardcoreLegend, Homer & more coming .............

My MVP Mods Hero's:

MVP - RGlass

Runners Up - AlexTony, Trues

Top Tier- Fuzz, Stecropper, Jim825, SeanO (I know I'm leaving some folks out who *should* be here - I'm just doing a quick list).

Behnind the scenes SuperHero - Hyman

Most dedicated/enthusiastic gamers - 112155, Yankee4Life, HardCore Legend

And last but not least and too brilliant to classify - Ty Wiggins - I love those box scores. I know krawhitman was involved with these also.

I'd like to add a most eccentric category but I can't remember that guys name who did the Casey Stengel Face.

Hey Don-sounds great. I hope at some point you will take some photos when it is done and put them on the site. I would agree with the names for the hall-these guys have made my life very enjoyable. And PaulW-thanks for the recognition as a game enthusiast, your mods and others have made this a great game to play. To think that I used to play Strat-O-Matic on the computer. This is like going from high school to the major leagues. Thanks again guys-I think I'm going to start crying.

I think I'm ready to go with this one. I just need to play a full test game and make sure there's nothing wierd in any of the camera views. I "wasted" about three hours on the last building out behind the right field wall that I added. I took this one directly from the spot you'd see it in Virtual Earth 3d. It was just a very anal thing I had to do. Here's a final zoom in overview shot...

Archived