2008 Chicago Cubs Exhibition (Pre Dynasty)

JoeRudi26

For those of you who followed my 2007 Cubs Dynasty, I have finally decided to stay with Chicago into the 2008 Season. I will play the games exactly the way I did last year, real schedule, accurate (as possible) rosters, and so on..

Unlike last year, the games will be posted more sporadically, more in the area of 3 or 4 times a month, while still playing along with the real schedule but posting enough to keep the reader informed.

This format won't be so time demanding, but I will still be able to post the season in a comprehensive manner. Any breaking news or stories will be posted: ie, trades, key wins or losses, personell situations, press conferences, etc. The updates will include all new Photoshop layouts, and possibly a couple of surprises that I have been tinkering with during the last couple of months.

I've played my first exhibition game (not spring training, just checking out rosters) against the San Diego Padres which turned out to be an exciting extra inning game. The rosters looks great so far (good job, kg), but I'm sure things will change before Opening Day.

Just for fun, I'm posting a small portion of the game against the Padres.

[align=center][/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]CUBS vs PADRES - *EXHIBITION*[/align]

Not sure, guys. I'll be tweaking settings and things for awhile, at least up until Spring Training.

Probably just a few games here and there, and then I'll post some Spring Training games, and news that goes along with it. Something I didn't do last year.

CC's right, NYM. That's the lighting I was talking about. There's a filter on the pic, but the lighting and shadows are actually on the crowd.

Here's the original, you can pretty much see the places where I added shadows. In the stands and the Metal Supply Building.

[align=center][/align]

Thanks fred. Nah, this isn't the template I'll be using, I was just messing around in PS again for the fun of it. As a matter of fact, I think I've come up with something totally different and original.

I'll be working out the kinks for the next month or so, but I can promise this year's dynasty will be something no one has ever seen before.

• 3 weeks later...

[align=center]SANTANA, METS ROLL CUBS IN EXHIBITION[/align]

[align=center]*Mets 7, Cubs 1*[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]The Mets newly acquired superstar Johan Santana proved his worth in an exhibition game held in Des Moines, Iowa Thursday against Lou Piniella's Chicago Cubs. Santana pitched 8 complete innings, struck out 7 and walked 2. The only run came off a rare mistake to Alfonso Soriano in the bottom of the 3rd inning, with Soriano clearing the silos in deep left field.

Carlos Zambrano was blistered by the New York lineup, giving up 5 runs in 7 innings. David Wright, Carlos Delgado and Carlos Beltran all homered for the Mets.

Chicago managed only 3 hits all day, with Mark DeRosa and Kosuke Fukudome rounding out the Cubs afternoon with a single apiece.[/align]

Thanks, z. It's going to be fun this year, lotsa new faces moved around, some of the younger players up in the bigs now.

The Mets were one 'Santana' away from advancing deep into the playoffs last year. It's going to be interesting to see how these transactions effect my dynasty this year.

Prior won 18 games for me last year, and losing him to San Diego could be a disaster to my rotation even early on in the season.

I can't wait to get the season started, it should be fun! :)

prior winning 18 in real life lmao. im very excited for you to begin the real deal. this is going to be awesome baby! really looking forward to how fuku is going to do.

Hey man, who knows what would have happened if Prior would have ever stayed healthy. It's a shame Cub's fans never got to see it. :)

But anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how he fairs over in San Diego this year, in my dynasty and in real life. I don't know much about Fuku, but I'm curious to see him develop as well.

But!! :) I might actually get to play with Theriot this year instead of losing him for the season after only a handful of games.

G*D I can't wait for baseball.

Archived