2008 Tampa Bay Rays Dynasty

RaysFTW

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the comments. This dynasty is currently is on pause. I have no idea when this dynasty will be picked up, but probably at the end of May since my school schedule is starting to pick up. Sorry guys for the delay, but it will be back up around May. Thank you for your patience. :)

• 1 month later...

Okay. Well, from tomorrow starts Spring Break, so I will be able to play. I'm going to change it up now since the '08 Roster came out, so expect fresh new rosters and maybe a new team since I did a fantasy draft and all. Just some news from this dynasty to people that liked watching it.

• 2 weeks later...

My computer won't let me play MVP anymore because of my widescreen monitor and I've tried everything but it won't budge, so I have come up with a more innovative dynasty that will be better 'cause it's easier to finish.

• 1 month later...

Alright, scratch that guys. My computer some how managed to get MVP Baseball working, so expect some updates from this dynasty (I'm going to have to start over, as I delete the old dynasty). WOOHOO!

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

raysbanner.jpg

The new age has come for the Tampa Bay Rays. They have revolutionized their franchise by changing their team name from "Devil Rays" to simply "Rays". They have traded off an oft-troubled Delmon Young for Matt Garza. They have changed their uniforms from a hideous green color to a solid blue color. The Rays kicked off the 2008 season, but not with a game, but a trade.

Earlier today, the Tampa Bay Rays traded Starting Pitchers Andy Sonnanstine and Edwin Jackson, along with 2nd Baseman Akinori Iwamura to the Cleveland Indians in exchange for Ace Pitcher Fausto Carmona and Relief Pitcher Jensen Lewis. I talked to Steven A. Smithe today and he thought that this was a good deal for both sides. "I believe that the Indians and Rays both benefited from this trade. The Rays got another ace to pile alongside of Shields, Garza and Kazmir, while the Indians got two starters that can help them win the AL Central. Don't even get me started on [Akinori] Iwamura. Even though the guy is 29 and has only had one year in the league, he has the potential to becoming Ichiro or a [Hideki] Matsui. All in all, I really liked this deal and none of the two teams actually got the shorter end of the stick."

Cleveland Indians Receive

iwamura.pngjackson.pngsonnanistine.png

Tampa Bay Rays Receive

LEWIS.pngcarmona.png

Look at the beast of a rotation that I have made with Kazmir, Shields, Carmona, and Garza. That's one hell of a rotation. And I might be willing to trade Gomes, Baldelli, Wheeler, or Navarro to grab a big bat such as Chipper to help me win a championship this year. The thing is with my 5th starter place. I have multitudes of starting pitcher prospects, that I might have to make one or two into relief pitchers and make one into a tip-top ace such as Price, Davis, or McGee. I also might trade away Kazmir to make room for my spects and to get some spects on the hitting side. All in all, I'm excited for this team to see how they finish. I'm expecting an 81-81 season, this year with a 3rd place finish. It's just a matter of my ace rotation staying healthy.

raysbanner.jpg

Rumor Mill: Crawford out of Tampa?

There have been rumours around the Tampa area that a player by the name of Carl Crawford may be dealt by deadline time. Crawford, who will be seeking a large amount of money in the offseason, will probably have to be let go anyways in the offseason. Crawford has been an important part of the Rays organization from year to year and the Rays' fans will be sad to see him go, if he goes. There have been many teams that have been interested in the young left-fielder including the New York Yankees, Chicago Cubs, Boston Red Sox, Milwaukee Brewers, Los Angeles Dodgers, Cleveland Indians, and the Atlanta Braves. Milwaukee Brewers GM, Doug Melvin, emailed Rays GM, Andrew Friedman, about Crawford yesterday. In the concise email, Melvin stated that he would be willing to give up Ryan Braun for Crawford. The Dodgers, Indians, and Braves GM's have also emailed Friedman about Crawford and who they were willing and not willing to offer. The Dodgers were offering future ace Clayton Kershaw. The Indians were offering SS Asdrubal Cabrera and the Braves were the most interested team out of the pack. The Braves offered 3B Chipper Jones and OF Gorkys Hernandez. Other rumours will be reported later.

Crawford.pngbraun.png

raysbanner.jpg

4 games into the season, there have been two deals made by the Tampa Rays. One happened a day before opening day and the other happened today. Joe Maddon was sick of the offense that had been faltering so far into the season. The Rays have been narrowly escaping the clutches of their opponents as they have only scored 11 runs on the season. The last game against the Jays really angered Maddon. Maddon, "We left 13 runners on base. Do you know how many runs we could have scored?! We have no power in our lineup besides Peña and he hasn't picked up his game yet. I think it's time to get rid of some of our speed on our team and get some power." The Rays did just that as they dealt with the Brewers. The deal was a mega-blockbuster as the Rays sent Outfielders Rocco Baldelli and Carl Crawford along with Starter Jason Hammel to the Brewers. The Brewers sent 2nd year player Ryan Braun and rising star Outfielder Corey Hart to the Rays. Soon after the deal, Ryan Braun signed an extension valued at 49 million over the next 7 years. It was a good deal for both teams as the Brewers got the speed they needed and the Rays got the power they needed. The question is: will the Rays offense start to pick up?

Tampa Bay Rays Send

Crawford.pngbaldelli.pnghammel.png

Milwaukee Brewers Send

hart.pngbraun.png

AHHH! Crawford? Not the worst deal, but why Crawford? He has a lot more overall value IMO.

Crawford's contract was over after the season and I really didn't want to resign him, so I traded for Braun and Hart and resigned Braun, longterm.

Thanks for dropping by though. Haven't been many people posting here. :)

Archived