2008 Tampa Bay Rays Dynasty

RaysFTW

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the reason why i said it is because redsox said it in his descriptive comment on his d/l of his dynasty templates. so... why do you always attack me with your little comebacks?

You didn't have to be a douche to him about it, especially since it's not even your template. And you always b*tch at people about their dynasties, so unless you feel like pulling a great one out of your a*s on your own time, shut up for a bit.

You didn't have to be a douche to him about it, especially since it's not even your template. And you always b*tch at people about their dynasties, so unless you feel like pulling a great one out of your a*s on your own time, shut up for a bit.

ok im not willing to make a dynasty because im not the one committing to presenting one. people are like... sorry guys i dont really have time but ill recap what happens in two weeks. that sh*t pisses me off... i mean why even try if you arent going to commit? and no its not my template... but if i did release my dynasty templates, as i stated not to just copy them, then hell yeah i would be pissed if they did just rip them striaght off the d/l.

ok im not willing to make a dynasty because im not the one committing to presenting one. people are like... sorry guys i dont really have time but ill recap what happens in two weeks. that sh*t **** me off... i mean why even try if you arent going to commit? and no its not my template... but if i did release my dynasty templates, as i stated not to just copy them, then hell yeah i would be **** if they did just rip them striaght off the d/l.

Exactly. You're not committing to presenting a dynasty. Therefore, you have no right to comment on whether someone is committed enough for a dynasty. Keep in mind anyone who does this is doing it for themselves and for the people who are gonna appreciate it, and not get harassed should their dynasty hit some sort of snag in its development. You do have some sort of argument for the using of templates. I mean, I wouldn't be happy either but I would rather see the creator of the template take up issue instead of you, since what you said didn't really belong here in the first place. When you're trying to keep yourself interested in a dynasty, discouraging complaints are the last thing you'd want to hear.

Exactly. You're not committing to presenting a dynasty. Therefore, you have no right to comment on whether someone is committed enough for a dynasty. Keep in mind anyone who does this is doing it for themselves and for the people who are gonna appreciate it, and not get harassed should their dynasty hit some sort of snag in its development. You do have some sort of argument for the using of templates. I mean, I wouldn't be happy either but I would rather see the creator of the template take up issue instead of you, since what you said didn't really belong here in the first place. When you're trying to keep yourself interested in a dynasty, discouraging complaints are the last thing you'd want to hear.

thats just it. im not the one going around and making all of these dynasty's just to boost up some stupid post count and then quit the dynasty because i dont have the time. thats the thing that pisses me off. people who dont have the time to do a dynasty "attempt" one anyway.

thats just it. im not the one going around and making all of these dynasty's just to boost up some stupid post count and then quit the dynasty because i dont have the time. thats the thing that **** me off. people who dont have the time to do a dynasty "attempt" one anyway.

Are you kidding me? You think I'm doing this to boost my post count?

to be honest with you wrigleyville, how many dynasties have actually seen finished on this site? the four featured dynasties havent been updated in months and ive only seen one finish as a member of this site. imo, it is still fun to see the beginnings of the dynasty and the work put into them even if the maker doesnt finish.

anyways, im sure kazmir is not running up his post count, he is just losing interest in his older dynasties, which i could see happening bc there are 162 games to recap and present.

Of the ones I have seen only Joerudi's dynasty be finished.

Has anyone noticed that most of the dynasties started wrigleyville always just hijacks it and everyone just loses interest?

let's just get back to the dynasty.

What about my Red Sox dynasty?

What about DudleyDoWright's dynasty?

What about xiberger's dynasty?

BTW, Kaz, you are probably going to get tired of hearing this but anyway here it is. One of the reasons why people get a little ticked off is the fact that you state in your first post that you will not quit a dynasty but then stop updating it. One big suggestion I have is not to get discouraged and keep continuing a dynasty. From what I have seen you are pretty good with Photoshop.

If playing 162 games is making you loose interest, I would suggest that you have a storyline to present a shortened season of some sort. There is a 50-game and 100-game schedule in the download. That way you won't feel overwhelmed to finish playing/posting 162 games plus any playoff games that you get to play.

In regards to using my templates, I am sure it was just an overlook on your part. The main reason I uploaded those files was because I wanted to see what others could come up with those as a basis. I obviously do not consider myself as an expert in Photoshop, hell I have probably learned just about 20-30% of the tools/techniques in Photoshop. I still have a lot to learn and hopefully I will get to it.

to be honest with you wrigleyville, how many dynasties have actually seen finished on this site? the four featured dynasties havent been updated in months and ive only seen one finish as a member of this site. imo, it is still fun to see the beginnings of the dynasty and the work put into them even if the maker doesnt finish.

anyways, im sure kazmir is not running up his post count, he is just losing interest in his older dynasties, which i could see happening bc there are 162 games to recap and present.

this is the last i speak on this issue... i dont even attempt a dynasty because i dont have the time, get bored of the game easy, so i dont even attempt it. im just saying a ton of people start a dynasty and get two weeks into it and then stop. and andrewdon or w/e you name is, i dont give a sh*t about post count. what does it do for you? nothing.

BTW, Kaz, you are probably going to get tired of hearing this but anyway here it is. One of the reasons why people get a little ticked off is the fact that you state in your first post that you will not quit a dynasty but then stop updating it. One big suggestion I have is not to get discouraged and keep continuing a dynasty. From what I have seen you are pretty good with Photoshop.

If playing 162 games is making you loose interest, I would suggest that you have a storyline to present a shortened season of some sort. There is a 50-game and 100-game schedule in the download. That way you won't feel overwhelmed to finish playing/posting 162 games plus any playoff games that you get to play.

In regards to using my templates, I am sure it was just an overlook on your part. The main reason I uploaded those files was because I wanted to see what others could come up with those as a basis. I obviously do not consider myself as an expert in Photoshop, hell I have probably learned just about 20-30% of the tools/techniques in Photoshop. I still have a lot to learn and hopefully I will get to it.

Well, guessing by his join date, Dec. 22, 2007, he wouldn't have seen any but DudelyDoWrights, not even JR's.

Hmm, I understand on the people getting ticked off part. And also I like your idea of maybe a 50 to a 100 game schedule because that's probably my kind of season. Thanks for the comments.

Kaz -

Playing 162 games manually is one thing, but to present every game is quite another, a near impossible task. My advice is just to remember that before you 'put it out there'.

When I started my dynasty last year, I was fully aware (and prepared) that I was going to take it to the end. Win or lose. I had made up my mind in December of 2006, worked on templates, lineup cards, modding and tweaking my game, and then I began to present it slowly, trying to move along with the same schedule.

And there was a reason for this: As you know, baseball moves along one day at a time. One game at a time, for the most part. In the scheme of an entire season, it doesn't sound too difficult to present a game a day. The key is the game, not the presentation, necessarily. I know I've said this in my dynasty thread a million times, but it's the truth. Let the game come to you each day, present it, and let it drive right through to the end of the season. The funnest part about baseball is seeing how things develop on a daily basis.

Anyway, I don't want to sound like I'm lecturing, you always seem to have a good grip on Photoshop and terrific intentions. I enjoy and appreciate all of your efforts.

If you're not prepared to play a whole season, why not present a playoff type of structure? Maybe do the playoffs, or do a Classic World Series, or something totally cool would be a World League Classic tournament.

Just some suggestions, and good luck with whatever you do. :)

Kaz -

Playing 162 games manually is one thing, but to present every game is quite another, a near impossible task. My advice is just to remember that before you 'put it out there'.

When I started my dynasty last year, I was fully aware (and prepared) that I was going to take it to the end. Win or lose. I had made up my mind in December of 2006, worked on templates, lineup cards, modding and tweaking my game, and then I began to present it slowly, trying to move along with the same schedule.

And there was a reason for this: As you know, baseball moves along one day at a time. One game at a time, for the most part. In the scheme of an entire season, it doesn't sound too difficult to present a game a day. The key is the game, not the presentation, necessarily. I know I've said this in my dynasty thread a million times, but it's the truth. Let the game come to you each day, present it, and let it drive right through to the end of the season. The funnest part about baseball is seeing how things develop on a daily basis.

Anyway, I don't want to sound like I'm lecturing, you always seem to have a good grip on Photoshop and terrific intentions. I enjoy and appreciate all of your efforts.

If you're not prepared to play a whole season, why not present a playoff type of structure? Maybe do the playoffs, or do a Classic World Series, or something totally cool would be a World League Classic tournament.

Just some suggestions, and good luck with whatever you do. :)

Thanks for the comments and helpful hints, JR. I already made up my mind to do a 100-game season. That should be easier to finish.

You might want to double check that.

Archived