New Name for 2008 Mets Dynasty

MrDudleyDoWright

Got a few ideas right now ...

Nuestro tiempo ha venido: Una dinastía de Los Mets

The Amazin' Mets...The True New York Dynasty [replace other with true]

Another Year, Another Championship ... A New York Mets Dynasty

Good luck with the name

Well, I plan to be there almost every single day this summer, whether I have tickets or not. Plus, after the last game, I may have to be hauled away for trying to steal four field level seats and home plate. In my mind, Shea Stadium is the greatest achievement of human history, slightly ahead of the Empire State Building and the Hanging Gardens of Babylon.

I will miss Shea and I'm upset, but when I went to that last game vs the Marlins and the parts of the ceiling and water was dropping on me, I kind of thought it's time for change.

Shea is great, but a new stadium will be great. Fresh start. This is where we turn the franchise into being one of the best ever.

Well, I plan to be there almost every single day this summer, whether I have tickets or not. Plus, after the last game, I may have to be hauled away for trying to steal four field level seats and home plate. In my mind, Shea Stadium is the greatest achievement of human history, slightly ahead of the Empire State Building and the Hanging Gardens of Babylon.

Me and you are the only ones who probably don't want Shea to be torn down, I mean, Dodger Stadium is older, and they arent going to tear it down.

Me and you are the only ones who probably don't want Shea to be torn down, I mean, Dodger Stadium is older, and they arent going to tear it down.

Me too. I don't want Shea torn down either. I just have so many good memories being there watching the game all those times with my dad when I was younger. And then seeing that apple rise after a home run. And speaking about stealing things from Shea ... I wonder if my dad's friend still works there. He was the ground crew chief that would get us free tickets behind home plate. The friend would be in charge of gathering up the bases and uniforms and such. I wonder if he can get me some of the dirt or something. LOL

However, good things come and go and so must Shea I guess but it would be nice if they saved a few things from Shea for Citi-Field. The Apple would be cool. But, I'll be the first in Citi-Field regardless.

Back on Topic ... How about ... 2008 ... a New York Mets Dynasty

It's plain and simple -- it doesn't need to be flashy especially with everyone knowing what great work you do with your dynasty.

Those are probably the most epic words ever spoken on the internet.

I think there going to bring the apple over to Shea. Go to mets.com On the main page where it says "check out progress of Citi Field, look to the right wear the batters eye should be. There's a big circle type object thats empty. It looks just about rite to fit an apple perhaps?

I think there going to bring the apple over to Shea. Go to mets.com On the main page where it says "check out progress of Citi Field, look to the right wear the batters eye should be. There's a big circle type object thats empty. It looks just about rite to fit an apple perhaps?

Do you mean in the 3rd picture in the stands behind home plate right where the poles with the orange netting is? If so, that would be an interesting place for the Apple. I guess that side would have to be where the Mets dugout and on deck circle is.

If this isn't the place, let me know where you see it because I was looking for about 20 minutes and couldn't find anything else.

Do you mean in the 3rd picture in the stands behind home plate right where the poles with the orange netting is? If so, that would be an interesting place for the Apple. I guess that side would have to be where the Mets dugout and on deck circle is.

If this isn't the place, let me know where you see it because I was looking for about 20 minutes and couldn't find anything else.

You've got the placement right, but I'm pretty sure that's left center field, not home plate (judging by the scarcity of seasing in the area compared to the rest of the photo). Also, I'm pretty sure that spot's reserved for a newly constructed apple rather than the original. I could just imagine them throwing the home run apple in a scrap heap and loading it into a giant metal shredder :cry:

Archived