MarkB, Trues - This is what I keep getting

DeuceBlades

From time to time, this is what happens when i go into forums. When i go to update a dynasty, or reply to somebody else's thread, it loads slowly, then I get one of the 2, or both. It might give you a better idea of what I am dealing with. Thanks for the help Mark, you are def a friend indeed. :D

mvpprobCustom.jpg

mvpprob1Custom.jpg

That's very odd. I haven't heard of anyone else having these problems which leads me to believe it's on your end somehow. Have you cleared your cache/cookies lately? Also, have you tried firefox?

No problem man. From your PM, you mentioned you just got upgraded from 7MB service to 15MB. Did this happen before you were upgraded to 15MB service? Also, as Trues said, and I mentioned in the PM, try clearing your cookies and cache and see how you like Firefox.

Ive cleared them, but no change. I usually have to clear the cookies to get back on after the disconnect from the database page.

Another thing is, this is the only site that I have problems with. I go to EAMods, and everything is fine. Up until the server change, I never had a problem. Mark said it may be that my PC is still reading the old cookies?? lol Not sure if that was word for word, Im bad at quoting Mark....lmao Anyway, maybe Im not reading the new ones right, and still reading the old ones? I deleted everything out of the cache.

50% of the time it goes fine, 25% of the time, it will load slow as sh**, and the other 25% it just takes a crap and you get those two pages. :lol:

Thanks Trues, not trying to crap on your parade and bring your day down, but this stuff sucks. I just downloaded your overlay bar for 08, that looks really good by the way. Its small and doest need alot of space to work. I always say, less is more, and your new overlay is perfect :wtg:

ive gotten a few of em myself lately.

Same here. I'm not sure when it started but I don't think it has anything to do with moving to the new server as I just noticed it happening to me several days ago [whereas I think I would have noticed it shortly after the server change] ... it happens at most once per night for me ... but not tonight so far. Usually I wait between 30 and 60 minutes or I wait till the next day. I don't believe it's a cookie or cache issue though.

Or could it have anything to do with requests from the server?

Agreed with Wall ... Kraw > I like what you do with your AV and how you randomly change it. Not sure how but I'm guessing it has something to rotating images with the PHP script. BTW ... how many AVs do you have?

Well, my original theories have now been shot to ****. :) I had no idea this many people were having problems.

We'll try to find out what the issues are and get them straightened out. Sorry guys.

Y'all need to move over here to Scotland, I've not had it once! ;)

I know I'm late chiming in - but I probably get this issue at least once every couple of days. Usually seems to be later in the night (midnight-ish central time), but not always. Can be kind of random.

Never said anything b/c I assumed it was related to the fact that I am using my work laptop, which has so much crap blocked that I don't see anybody's sigs or grafx that are posted on common pic-sharing sites, etc.

So far its still pretty slow when I log on, but I havnt had the page go blank on me yet.

lol....Mark, it wouldnt be a bad idea. Never been to Scotland, but I am planning on taking that train ride across the UK if I can ever get any funds :lol: Oh, the dollar is ***** right now, and I cant help it. It doesnt help that oil is over 130 bucks a barrel.

Y'all need to move over here to Scotland, I've not had it once! ;)

lol....Mark, it wouldnt be a bad idea. Never been to Scotland, but I am planning on taking that train ride across the UK if I can ever get any funds :lol:

MVPmods reunion at Mark's house. Do you have enough room?

Archived