New City, Career Renewed - Oakland A's Year 3

rookie_rick

I would much rather you play as the Angels and start Wakefield for the Red Sox. That should provide a much higher percentage of the Sox heading to the ALCS wouldn't it? :smile: Just messing with you man.

Hitting Wakefield is like swinging at a fly in a 60 mph wind gust.

At night. 8)

[align=center]American League seal another All Star game win with a Manny Ramirez walk off

allstargameresultsom0.jpg

Top - The MVP Derek Jeter gets on base with a lead off single and the very next pitch he successfully stole second base

Bottom - Vlad drives a big blast to left field to give the American League a 1-0 lead

algamehighlightsso9.jpg

Top - Lee takes a tumble while chasing down the ball but he recovers and throws out Roberts at first

Bottom - Matt Kemp scores on a head first slide in his first All Star Game

nlgamehighlightsvl5.jpg

All Star Game - Yankee Stadium[/align]

I personally like the older ones more - they're much more easier to read and they're perfect for presentations - the new ones are ok but not the prettiest to look at =)

Cheers for the feedback :) I think i might try and combine the presentations and see i can come up with something in addition to my present templates

What would you consider a good amount of information?

Just for reference for when i create a couple of brand new ones

rick -

Here's one I had done for last year, which had a good amount of information. Some might think it's a little confusing at first, but if you're like me, I like a lot of comprehensive detail yet present something that is easy to read.

What you have on your template is really preference, and you can cut down on detail by making separate templates. For example, make one for lineup cards, one for highlight pics, and one for the post box score, highlighting the game's standout players.

Like I said, it's preference mostly. I like realism, detail, and accuracy. Other's may like the more "arcade" look. Lotsa color, losta pics, and just enough numbers to make your point.

It's up to you. There are no boundries when you are "creating".

Thanks for posting that template, i am really into having realistic stuff and details but i just don't know how to go about creating something with something like with so much in.

Creating The Base Template (Board)

Everything on a template are merely shapes. Simple shapes. My suggestion would be to start out with the basic board at 500x700 pixels and just consider that as your canvas. Stick with this size when creating different templates.

1. It fits good on the page

2. Knowing that size and remembering it when creating a new template will come automatic, and start saving you time.

3. You can always 're use' the template, but just add/delete different content, depending on what you want to make.

Creating The Content On The Board (Inside The Canvas)

1. Figure out what kind of template you want to make. Lineups, Pics and Highlights, Promos, whatever. Get an idea in your head or sketch it out on paper. I don't usually do that, but it may work for someone else.

2. Name the template. Something as simple as "Highlight Board", or whatever you desire. This helps to separate things in your mind, and sort of guides you as how you want to approach it. You certainly wouldn't have a bunch of text, numbers, and stats on a Highlight Board, you would want to dominate with pics or visuals, maybe a small recap of text to describe the pic.

3. Get the pics you want to use in game with Fraps, and while you're grabbing the pic, think ahead how you will want this to be presented. What your recap will be, and is it really relevant to the game in the long run. Sometimes it will be, sometimes it won't, but take pics of anything significant, it may be the game changer.

4. Now you want to put the pic on your Highlight Board, you can have more than 1, make them smaller with borders, or have one big pic with lots of action, remember, there are no rules.

5. After you've decided where and what pics to use, play around with blending modes, lighting, filters, styles, blurs, anything and everything you can get your hands on, you never know what is going to look better than just the in game pic. Once you have something, more than likely you'll come back to it and continue to use it on other pics.

6. Use (make) a simple shape for the background of your recap text. Again, play around with blending, opacity, and so on, just make sure this background allows you to see the text you are going to be putting on top of it.

7. Use the text on the background you just made, try different fonts to see what looks good, but always make sure it's readable, to the point, and fits nicely on the background shape.

8. MOST IMPORTANT. No matter what you make in Photoshop, it all comes down to shapes first. After you have a solid base, then start messing with the other things.

Hope this helps rick, this is really just a basic foundation to how I see it, everything else is just diving in and seeing what works and doesn't work. I promise, the more you do it, the more you will get used to the tools and how they work. A few google tutorials never hurt either.

Wow you must of taken ages writing that out. Thanks so much JR :D

I sent you a PM and i'm sorry if i got the time zone wrong :)

Didn't take long at all. I've been making sigs for a college basketball site that I run during last fall and through the spring, so these things come pretty quick.

Anyway, I hope it's helpful.

[align=center]bannerbi9.jpg[/align]

Following dynasties that didn't go as hoped or planned throughout last year, i have spent alot of time this season creating templates and presentations for this dynasty. I learnt alot from presenting my previous dynasties and i hope that experience will help me create high quality presentations to keep you all interested and following.

Special thanks to all the guys that made this site and all the mods possible and JoeRudi26 for taking the time to look over some of my presentations and giving suggestions on how to improve them.

[align=center]Difficulty - MVP[/align]

[align=center]Batting/Pitching View - 6/4[/align]

[align=center]Strikezone - On

Hot/Cold Zones - Off

Pitch Cursor - On

Hitters Eye - On[/align]

[align=center]Mod - MVP 2008[/align]

[align=center]The Roster, Stadiums, Uniforms and Overlay are default to MVP 2008[/align]

[align=center]Starting Rotation[/align]

[align=center]beckettplayerpagete4.jpgdicekplayerpagegc4.jpgtimwakefieldplayerpageov1.jpglesterplayerpagetu3.jpgcolonplayerpagebc4.jpg[/align]