New City, Career Renewed - Oakland A's Year 3

rookie_rick

Thanks JR, also thanks for sending the template, i will have fun playing around with photoshop to create something with as much info as that a bit later. They are clearly in need of a bit fine tuning though but i'm happy with them, i won't use them all the time because it just takes too long to fill out

Nice job indeed with those templates.

One suggestion I have would be for the backgrounds in general to be more transparent.

Thanks redsox,

Yea well i'm not happy with the background as a whole, i need to put some work in to it and find something that works with the template, last night when i was doing it, i just had no ideas. :wall:

Like I said, it looks like you're experimenting and gaining some ground. As I've said MANY times, this is the key to getting better. You get out of PS what you put into it.

Anyway, if you want to learn a cool technique with the Guassian Blur, I'll show you how. Nice and easy.

Open your pic

Duplicate your pic

On the duplicated pic, set blending mode to "overlay"

On the "overlay pic" layer, go to blur, Guassian Blur, and set the radius 8.0

On the overlay pic, play with the opacity slider until it looks decent. It really depends on the pic.

Keep in mind, this pic is pretty dark to begin with, and the opacity (on the duplicated overlay layer) is all you need to mess with.

Hope this helps.

Pic straight from game:

Pic with Gaussian Blur

I also now have a bit of free time as it the weekend and so i'm willing to spend a lot of time editing pics because before i found an efficient way to present the dynasty and so stuck to that but playing around with PS i have found ways to give the pics different effects and make them look better.