New City, Career Renewed - Oakland A's Year 3

rookie_rick

Great updates, rick.  Looks like you're getting caught up to the real schedule, just curious if that's your intentions.  

Oh, and good luck against the Yankees!  B)

My initial aim was to catch up to the real schedule but since then i realised that my schedule is different to real life and so it defeated the point of actually catching up and so i think i will go ahead and finish this before the end of the season and start season 3.

Man, I guess Papi hasn't heard about the "slump".  Looks like you laid the smackdown on them in game 1.

Papi has been playing well but it is the rest of the team that is in the slump.

I always have fun playing the Yankees because i seem to have the ability to take apart their pitching with ease.

Wow, AROD with 18 homeruns already?  Barring injury, this may be a record setting year.   :D

He may get close to 60 but i don't think he will be breaking any records. Hopefully ^_^

Ryan Zimmerman over in the NL also has 18 home runs.

I think Manny, Papi or Teixeira will have more home runs than A-Rod. Last season at this point only Manny had double digit home runs for me and i went on to hit 38 with Pedroia and 39 with Lowell.

Pedroia had 2 at this stage last season.

In my dynasty, Jermaine Dye leads the league with 17.  But just for your information, Lowell has 14 and Papi has 13. 

Matt Holliday is leading my A's with a whopping 6.   :mellow:  It may be a long season.

What other power hitters do you have on your A's team?

I think you may struggle, if your team can't hit for power.

What other power hitters do you have on your A's team?

In real life, Jack Cust leads the team with 7 homeruns, but check out Holliday's stats.

My game:

Matt Holliday - ( 50 games) .263/6/18/SO 28/SB 3/5 2B

Real life:

Matt Holliday - .(46 games) .264/6/28/SO 29/SB 3/6 2B

Of course, not everyone in the lineup's stats are this close, but as least I know the game is playing well.  But to answer your question, there won't be much power coming out of this team all year, unless someone just goes on a tear.

While we're at it, and since it is your thread   :D , here's how Boston stacks up on my end:

While not having quite the monster year he's having in real life, it looks as though Jason Bay is pulling his weight (in my game) this year too.

It's good to see Eric Chavez hitting well for you.

I can't believe how close your numbers are to real life. Overall i would take your team over the real life team.

Your averages seem slightly better and Eric and Nomar are hitting well for you which is always a plus.

I wish my Red Sox had some of the averages and home runs of the real life team and your team.

I am under .500 for the month and seemingly slipping back in the division.

Cool comparisons guys. Jay, I'm getting ready to play Oakland in a 4-game series next. I'll post some stats for some players for ya, if you want.

Also, I'll check on Boston for you too RR, if you want. See how much 2K's stat engine is jacked up. <_<

Cool comparisons guys. Jay, I'm getting ready to play Oakland in a 4-game series next. I'll post some stats for some players for ya, if you want.

Also, I'll check on Boston for you too RR, if you want. See how much 2K's stat engine is jacked up. <_<

That would be great M.

It will be interesting to see how 2K differs from MVP. Especially as we are all roughly at the same point.

Absolutely, Maestro, I'd love to see them.  BTW rick, Boston has caught and tied the almighty Rays for first place in my dynasty. The way things started, it looked like Tampa Bay was going to completely run away with the East.

At just 4.5 games back, New York is making a run at it too.  Should be fun this year.   ^_^