New City, Career Renewed - Oakland A's Year 3

rookie_rick

Excellent job, man.  I know you've come a long way to get into the mix of things.  I don't want to sound negative on my part, but if I were a betting man I don't have much hope for my A's.  But it's been fun.  :)

I may have taken too many steps back though when i traded away Manny. I could really do with him batting 4th in my line up right now.

I think you will wrap up your division before you start your 3 game set against the Angels to close out the season. I have faith.

Edit..Would you mind posting the Rangers schedule so i can see who they have while you are chasing them down.

I may have taken too many steps back though when i traded away Manny. I could really do with him batting 4th in my line up right now.

I think you will wrap up your division before you start your 3 game set against the Angels to close out the season. I have faith.

Edit..Would you mind posting the Rangers schedule so i can see who they have while you are chasing them down.

Other than LAA and Tampa Bay, their schedule looks pretty weak.  Of course, I need all the help I can get.

By the time you face off against the Rangers on the 14th, i say you will have a 2 game lead in the division.

The 4 game set toward the end of September at The Coliseum in my opinion will virtually decide the division. You just need to split the series with them. The Rays/Angels will take down the Rangers after that.

I hope you're right.  I'm exactly .500 (18-18) in the division.  If I can manage to stay there, hopefully I can get the help I need to stay on top.

I can't take another 7 game skid.  That would be the end.

As long as you pitch carefully to your upcoming opponents big hitters maybe throw in the occasion IBB. You should be fine.

Maybe look over what players have owned you up to now from your opponents and limit the times you pitch to them because the division is still firmly in your hands.

Edit - I may even follow my own advice as well :)

Aw man, tough loss, rick.  5 runs in the 8th??  I hate games like this, you cruise almost the entire game with a comfortable lead, and then suddenly it's completely taken from you.  I'd rather be beaten the WHOLE game than to lose like this.  

It's games like this that make you  want to pull your hair out, especially if every one counts.   <_<

Aw man, tough loss, rick.  5 runs in the 8th??  I hate games like this, you cruise almost the entire game with a comfortable lead, and then suddenly it's completely taken from you.  I'd rather be beaten the WHOLE game than to lose like this.  

It's games like this that make you  want to pull your hair out, especially if every one counts.   <_<

Masterson has been one of the only reliable pitchers to come out of the 'pen as well. I need Huston Street back as soon as possible.

Tough loss, rick, we never seem to be on the winning end of these, do we?  Man, what a day for Chris Davis, for some reason he's tough on me too.  You got nearly two months left to gain some ground, keep fighting.   B)

I think we are both due some games to fall our way. I think Texas got pay back for last season's ALCS where they were 1 out away from the World Series before i came back.

Make sure you get revenge on Texas for me ^_^ Maybe intentionally hit Young or Salty :D

I'm back at college now therefore this will slow down for a while until i get settled back in to the routine but i still aim to get this finished by the beginning of November so i can get Season 3 started before the new year.

I only have 45 regular season games left.

No rush RR. We will be here. :good:

Hope you get settled into college, alright. :hi: