New City, Career Renewed - Oakland A's Year 3

rookie_rick

Good grief, rick, were you mad at the Rays, or just happy to be back playing?  :)

5 under .500 with almost 2 months of baseball left.  Keep fighting, man, you can do it.

I thought it was about time to show them who is boss of the division. This is my first win in 6 attempts so wanted to make it count.

I have 41 games to go and i'm trying to chase down the Rays for the division lead as the Wild Card will be coming out either the Central or the West as things stand.

Wow, Texas at 56-64?  I would have loved to have seen that in my dynasty last August.  :)  

Ichiro, Hamilton and Kinsler are raking, but other than that, they don't look like too much of a threat at the plate, and besides that, Zink looks like he's pitched well for you this year (8-5, 1.97).  Good luck rick, and great job on the pitcher matchup board.   :good:

Wow, Texas at 56-64?  I would have loved to have seen that in my dynasty last August.  :)  

Ichiro, Hamilton and Kinsler are raking, but other than that, they don't look like too much of a threat at the plate, and besides that, Zink looks like he's pitched well for you this year (8-5, 1.97).  Good luck rick, and great job on the pitcher matchup board.   :good:

I can't believe how the Rangers have been so poor this season after taking me to extra innings in Game 7 of the ALCS last season and signing some decent players in the Off-season.

With Zink (8-5 1.97), Buchholz (6-7 4.46), Pauley (14-5 3.38) and Beckett (9-10 3.81) slated to start the series, i shouldn't really have much trouble picking up a couple of wins against them.

So what's your plans for the upcoming season, Dynasty wise?

i shouldn't really have much trouble picking up a couple of wins against them

That's how it's done. At this point you have to look at each series, and not the season as a whole. Good thing is, you still have enough time to get things done.

So what's your plans for the upcoming season, Dynasty wise?

I've been working all winter on a presentation and some ideas for The Show 10. Instead of running a season with realistic rosters, schedule, etc., I'm going to lean more on presentation and storyline. I'm really looking forward to presenting something with next gen graphics. Other than that, I really don't want to give anything away quite yet, I think what I have in mind may turn out to be my best effort so far.

Anyway, I've updated my rosters for MVP and will be playing that on my own time. I'm still convinced it will be the best sim out there.

Even this year. :drinks:

I feel your pain, rick, that bottom 6th was the killer. I know games like these all too well, you just can't seem to get over that hump.

Keep pluggin man, that 10 game winning streak might just be right around the corner. :clapping:

That game pretty much summed up my whole season so far, i play well and then all of a sudden there is that one inning and the game gets away from me.

I would love to see a 10-0 record in my next 10 games but i think i'm going to struggle to get 5 wins from my next 10 games to be honest.

Oh well, even if i miss the play offs this season with Boston, you never know it may open up other doors for me for next season.

good job on this rick! i believe you still can win the East.. GO RED SOX!!

Thanks, i'm not going to give up but it is becoming a huge mountain to climb now :(

..and the plot thickens..I love it!

Great job, rick, do what you gotta do. Looks like things are starting to get interesting! :)

Thanks JR, it may seem for me to make this work i will need to change team manually but as my rating is an F at the minute there is a chance i'm going to get fired and last time i got fired during a Dynasty i got placed with another team so who knows where i might end up :)

Welcome back rookie_rick, nice to see you around again.

It's good to be back Y4L :) Good to see your still around here, this place wouldn't be the same without you.

• 3 weeks later...

You just can't catch a break, rick. I know the feeling of not being able to get over that hump. At times like this, even .500 looks good. :mellow:

.500 would probably keep my job so i would take that :)

I am pretty content with missing the playoffs this season because there is no way i can catch the AL Central. The entire division is pretty much embarrassing the rest of the American League.

Roster changes prior to tonight's final game in Texas

Jack Cust optioned to AAA Pawtucket

Fernando Martinez called up to ML Boston

Jeff DaVanon outrighted to AAA Pawtucket

Zach Daeges called up to ML Boston

George Kottaras called up to ML Boston

Dusty Brown sent to AA Portland

Mark Wagner optioned to AAA Pawtucket

Chris Flores optioned to AAA Pawtucket

Justin Mallett called up to ML Boston

Fernando Martinez will replace Jack Cust in the line up & Justin Mallett will be middle relief