New City, Career Renewed - Oakland A's Year 3

rookie_rick

Holy crap, rick, you're not mad are you?   :D  Wish my boys would grow a pair and win a few games.

This is starting to feel like the start of a come back :) I am now only 6 games out of the Wild Card and 9 out in the East.

This time last season Dustin Pedroia, Mike Lowell and Kevin Youkilis started to drive the ball and that propelled me to the division title.

This time around it seems like Lowrie, Drew, Ellsbury and Keppinger are starting to heat up and that might just be the catalyst to save this season.

Cy Young Award Candidates

Pauley/Sabathia lead the way

Currently the game has Sabathia as the leading candidate but it seems like it is going to be a close race.

Sabathia's Stats

23 Starts, 10-6, 3.24 ERA, 2 Complete Games, 2 Shutouts, 152.2 IP, 131 Hits, 55 ER, 15 HRs allowed, 44 BBs, 134 Ks, .235 Opp AVG, 7.90 K/9, 2.83 BB/9, 1.17 WHIP

Pauley's Stats

22 Starts, 13-5, 3.40 ERA, 3 Complete Games, 148.1 IP, 143 Hits, 56 ER, 22 HRs allowed, 19 BBs, 116 Ks, 250 Opp AVG, 7.04 K/9, 1.15 BB/9, 1.09 WHIP

Ricky, glad to see you havnt fallen off any. I still cant believe you have went this far. Amazing my friend, simply amazing. You think Pauley will overtake CC for the CY??

I hope he can. I wouldn't mind winning a second straight Cy Young Award. At the minimum David Pauley should win the ROY award.

Red Sox Organization - Expiring Contracts

MLB - Boston Red Sox

SP - Josh Beckett

3B - Macier Izturis

RF - Jeff DaVanon

LF - Jack Cust

RP - Wes Littleton

AAA - Pawtucket Red Sox

RP - Javier Lopez

C - Dusty Brown

3B - Edward Lucas

RP - Manny Delcarmen

AA - Portland Sea Dogs

LF - Johnny Ortiz

A - Lancaster JetHawks

LF - Bryan Pritz

RF - Sean Danielson

RP - Mike James

For a second i thought that was Johnny Damon in LF for your AA team lol. You should resign Cust be a good spark off the bench.

I don't think i will resign any of the ML players. I have plenty of prospects coming through that should be ready for the Majors next season. I might see what LF'ers are available in Free Agency that would make a good back up/platoon with Zach Daeges.

*Edit - I am going to platoon F-Mart and Daeges in LF next season.