New City, Career Renewed - Oakland A's Year 3

rookie_rick

• 6 months later...

Nice to see you back, rick!

Well it is all because of your presentations.

I do feel terrible that i didn't have more time to change to 2 round much but i was working on the standings one from 10AM E.T to when i posted it because i was constantly being asked to do things and what not.

I WILL get the others i used changed alot more than that one.

First of all, thanks for the kind words!

I'd really like to rick, but the cards won't seem to drop my way. 2K is out of the question, and from the way I like to be consistent and in depth with the daily updates, presenting one on The Show just proved to be too much. The extra steps that it takes to transfer everything to the PC from the PS3 seems minute, unless you're trying to do it everyday and keep up with the real schedule.

Since that's the way I like to do my seasons, it became painfully apparent that I just wasn't going to keep up. With a PC game, obviously, you have everything right at your fingertips, and being able to use Fraps, alt tab down, etc., cut game/presentation down by probably 30-45 minutes. It doesn't seem like that much, but the everyday grind piles up. Not only that, the external programs just allows you to get more in depth (SavReader, MVPEdit, Schedule Changer, etc.) and keeping up with accurate rosters were a cinch.

That said, I wouldn't p*ss on 2K if they were dying of thirst, which isn't necessarily directed at a sub par game, but the company itself. I've never seen a company, that once they got your money, run, hide, and then blantantly ignore their customers until they release next year's version. Which we know by now still won't be much better than last year's.

So, unless there's a miracle PC game on the horizon, I probably won't be digging back into it anytime soon.

Either way man, I enjoy reading and following most dynasties, keep up the good work!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...