Home of the Braves

xiberger

Nice work against the Fightin' Phils! Just saw this today and enjoyed tracking the progress.

I saw you posted sliders earlier in the thread. Do you set the game difficulty to MVP level? I just got a PC copy a couple months ago and am loving it, but I'm working to increase the realism. Granted, I won't have the same player rating changes, but I'm tweaking step-by-step to get solid results.

Thanks!

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the site, grubout34!

My sliders are for the All-Star level. Just be advised that sliders differ from person to person. The secret is to tweak them until you find a setup that works for you. Good luck with it!

Ten straight wins and the third series sweep in a row give my Braves a spot in the playoffs. Thanks to Philadelphia winning in Florida, the Phillies and my team clinch postseason berths. The upcoming duel in Atlanta will determine which of the two squads will have the upper hand in the race for the division title.

Weekly update coming up next...

After throwing four consecutive complete-game wins, Tim Hudson didn't have a very good day on the mound. He gave up four runs on six hits, before getting hit in the head by a ball in the fourth inning. Hudson suffered a fractured nose and will need a couple of days to recover from it, but he won't miss his next scheduled start.

Also, my Braves' ten-game winning streak came to end and the Phillies have reclaimed the divsion lead. :mad:

Pete Orr continues his outstanding rookie season by delivering the knock-out punch in the bottom of the eleventh against the Fish. He's currently batting .338, with seven long balls and 52 RBIs.

Also, right fielder Jeff Francoeur suffered a strained lower back in the latest win over Florida. He'll be out for approximatley six days.

Yes! Thanks to Chipper's three-run homer, Tim Hudson was able to pick up his 20th win of the season. It's the second time he has accomplished that feat (2000: 20-6). I'm likely going to bench him for his next scheduled start, though, as I want him to be the starter in my first playoff game.

Weekly update will follow soon...

The good news...

Andruw Jones had his third straight game with a home run. Seems like he has found his swing again just in time for the playoffs.

The bad news...

Chipper Jones suffered another injury, his third of the year. A strained right ribcage will have him miss the rest of the season and the first couple of games of the division series. If the series goes to four or five games, he might return to lineup.

Archived