Home of the Braves

xiberger

Aw man this stinks so badly, I was even enjoying this dynasty. You should start another season, maybe 2006. I know how I felt losing the NLCS on 09 the show, with the Mets aganist the Brewers. That lose was very heartbreaking, I had alot of chances to win, expecially when the pitch got overtheown, I accidently hit the button to send back the runners and I was call out on a bad call. Then I coudn't do it anymore and lost. I was very upsect after that lose. Will you keep us updated about the World Series?

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear about the season coming to an end, x, but anytime you make it this far, it's still a successful season.  Way to hang in there until the end.

Definitely keep us updated with how this turns out, and hopefully you'll be back with another presentation soon!

Thanks for trying to cheer me up, guys! This has now been the second time that I've lost the NLCS. In my Golden Boys dynasty, however, the games weren't as close as this time. If you take a look at my series against the Phillies, you'll see that three of their victories were comeback wins and all of them have been close. My bullpen was stellar all season long, but in this series the relievers just couldn't handle the pressure. It also seemed that everytime I had caught a break, Philadelphia came up with big hits when they needed it. Still, they deserve to go to the World Series because they've shown a tremendous amount of team morale. We'll see if they can go the distance, just like the 2009 Phillies did this year. I'm going to keep you posted about the outcome of the World Series and all the season awards.

As I've said before, I'm not sure yet if I'm going to continue with this dynasty. I had a blast presenting my 171 games, but I really need a break right now. I might pick this dynasty up again when I feel like it. It's not going to be in the nearer future, though.

All I can really say is that you did a great job, and I enjoyed keeping up with the progress, even though it ended so soon they at least made it one round deeper then they actually did in '05, and I'll say it again great job.

The Phillies really showed nerves of steel during this postseason. They beat the Padres in the NLDS 3-2 (rallying for the win in the ninth inning of Game 5 against San Diego closer Trevor Hoffman), topped my Braves in the NLCS (after trailing 0-2) and also won the World Series in seven games against the Yankees. Much respect to Charlie Manuel and his boys!

ws3a.jpg

ws4b.jpg

ws5r.jpg

ws6k.jpg

Slugger Jim Thome was named World Series MVP. Here are his playoff stats:

wsmvp.jpg

And here's the picture all the Philly fans following this thread have been waiting to see:

23811923.jpg

Well, I fell short in the postseason, but at least of my best players in the regualar season got what they deserved. Infielder Pete Orr (.327 AVG) takes home the Rookie of the Year Award, while closer Danny Kolb (47 saves, lead the Majors) was named Rolaids Relief Man of the Year.

Archived