Home of the Braves

xiberger

A clutch three-run shot by Rafael Furcal in the seventh inning was the key for winning Game 2. It was Furcal's first hit of the series, but I couldn't have come in a bigger way. Mike Hampton was great and Danny Kolb finished things off in the ninth.

Both teams are now heading to Atlanta for Game 3. Horacio Ramirez (16-8, 3.34 ERA) will get the start for my Braves, facing Brandon Backe (12-10, 3.51 ERA) of the Astros.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Astros didn't pose much of a problem in Game 3, despite a four-hit performance by lead-off man Craig Biggio. Horacio Ramirez handled their lineup pretty well and received plenty of run support from his offense. Danny Kolb retired the side in order for his second straight save, securing my Braves a spot in the NLCS.

And the best news is that Chipper Jones has recovered from his ribcage injury and is ready to go. I don't know yet who I'm going to play in the NLCS, as the Phillies have a 2-1 lead in their series against the Padres.

The duels for the Championship Series are set: the American Legue will see another episode in the fierce rivalry between the Red Sox and the Yankees, while the NLCS will be a battle between my Braves and the Phillies. Given the fact that these two teams had the best regular season record in all of baseball this year, I think it's only fitting that they're playing in the National League final. If you look at Philadelphia's win in the NLDS over the Padres, however, you'll see that it was close as it could possibly get:

philliespadres1.jpg

philliespadres2.jpg

philliespadres3.jpg

Who would you rather play... Philly or SD? :unknw:

It doesn't really matter who I play against because this year I'm going to the World Series! Go Braves!!! ;)

With the Divsion Series being over, here are the hottest batters of the four remaining teams:

- Red Sox: David Ortiz, 1B (.467 AVG, 2 HR, 8 RBI)

- Yankees: Gary Sheffield, RF (.438 AVG, 2 HR, 5 RBI)

- Phillies: Bobby Abreu, RF (.333 AVG, 2 HR, 5 RBI)

- Braves: Geoff Jenkins, RF (.500 AVG, 2 HR, 6 RBI)

Game 1 of the NLCS is coming up next...

nlcs1.jpg

My Braves are 11-8 against the Phillies this season, with seven wins in ten games at Citizens Bank Park. First matchup is going to be Tim Hudson (1-0, 1.29 ERA) against Jon Lieber (2005: 13-5, 3.39 ERA).

A perfect start into the NLCS! Tim Hudson continued his dominance on the mound and the Jones Bros. provided the offense to beat the Phillies.

Lefty Mike Hampton (1-0, 1.29 ERA) will start Game 2 for my Braves, going against Philadelphia's Cory Lidle (2005: 18-10, 4.09 ERA).

The win in Game 1 was big, but this one was huge! Chipper came through in the third inning with a two-run double, but the Phillies rallied back and took the lead on pinch-hitter Jason Michael's solo shot in the bottom of the seventh. Things didn't look good when closer Billy Wagner entered the mound in the ninth. A lead-off walk by catcher Johnny Estrada, followed by a clutch base hit by Ryan Langerhans provided me with runners on the corners. With one out, Rafael Furcal hit a single to left field to tie the game at 6-6. In the next at-bat Pete Orr became the game's hero by also connecting for an RBI single, thus giving my Braves the lead. Danny Kolb retired the side in the bottom of the inning for a 2-0 lead over the Phillies in the NLCS.

Thanks, guys. My quest for the World Series looks really promising this year. With a 2-0 lead for my Braves, the next three games of the series will be played at Turner Field. The home field advantage should give me and my team an extra boost.

Starters for Game 3 are Horacio Ramirez (1-0, 2.57 ERA) and Vicente Padilla (2005: 13-10, 3.21 ERA).

Archived