Home of the Braves

xiberger

Ladies and gentlemen,

welcome to another dynasty by yours truly! Since I couldn't stand the thought of having to wait until next April for the new baseball season, I decided to shorten the long winter months with playing my favorite video game and sharing the results with the community.

In my previous dynasty (Golden Boys) I put together a team of veterans in a fantasy draft. This time my approach is much more conventional, as I'm going to take a team from 2005 and start the season with its original rosters. And my team will be: the Atlanta Braves.

coverug3.jpg

I chose the Braves because they've got everything: good pitchers, a strong lineup and lots of young talent in their organization. It'll be fun to find out if Atlanta's skipper Bobby Cox can lead his team to its 14th consecutive division title...and maybe more.

My game reports won't include as much text as last time. Writing detailed reports takes a lot of time, which is why I settled for the idea of presenting this dynasty with a quicker summary template. Although I'm not as talented as other members on this site, the template really turned out fine. In addition, I'm going to post weekly updates, including news, stats and standings from around the league.

Ok, enough with the talk, get ready for some action! Play ball!

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the year 2005 ...

... Boston is still celebrating its World Series sweep over St. Louis.

... Roger Clemens is dominating opposing batters for the Astros.

... and a certain slugger from the Bay Area is chasing the all-time home run record by Hank Aaron.

The Atlanta Braves have won the NL East in each of the last 14 seasons, but their last triumph in the World Series was ten years ago. Here's the team that will try to go all the way in 2005:

Pitchers:

pitcherswd3.jpg

Tim Hudson, who was 12-6 with a 3.53 ERA for the Athletics in 2004, will get the start on Opening Day. John Smoltz returns to the rotation after three years as a closer. Taking over for Smoltz in the bullpen is Danny Kolb, who had 39 saves for the Brewers in the previous season.

Batters:

battersjq7.jpg

Andruw Jones (2004: 29 HR) and Chipper Jones (2004: 30 HR) are in the heart of the lineup. Veterans Brian Jordan and Raul Mondesi will start the season in the outfield, but youngsters Ryan Langerhans and Jeff Francoeur will also get some playtime.

Opening Day coverage coming up!

Nice Presentation and i like the original 2005 rosters ur using.

Thanks. So much time has passed since the release of this game that it feels kind of weird using the original rosters. It's almost like playing "Total Classics 2005". :D

EDIT: Actually, I'm not playing with MVP's original rosters, but with a very early set of Ultimate Rosters (v2.3) dating from May 2005.

P.S Dophins stadium is looking a bit full, over 600 fans, must be a glitch within the game :lol:

Yeah, I paid them to watch me cook some fish. In the last two games, though, it didn't work out the way I had planned.

What a great win! I was down by two runs, when Chipper Jones opened the bottom of the seventh inning with a solo blast. Later in the inning, I brought in pinch-hitter Adam LaRoche with two men on and two out. LaRoche took the first pitch for a ball and smacked the second one deep into the stands in right. That home run ended Victor Zambrano's night and made my day. ;-)

Tim Hudson suffered a minor meniscus sprain in his last start. He will be out for nine days, thus missing his next scheduled start. Relief pitcher Jorge Sosa will take the mound for Hudson.

The first week of this dynasty is over. An update on events and stats around the league is coming up.

Archived