Home of the Braves

xiberger

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was quite a crazy game. Despite hitting a grand slam and going deep three more times, I couldn't handle the Phillies' lineup. Starter John Smoltz was chased from the mound after only three innings of work. Jorge Sosa did a much better job, but couldn't avoid the defeat against the division leader.

To make things worse, outfielder Ryan Langerhans suffered a minor ACL sprain and will miss a bit more than a week of baseball. Veteran Raul Mondesi will take his place in left field.

I almost had it! Mike Hampton pitched a gem, not allowing a hit or a walk over seven innings. With one out in the eighth, Washington's Vinny Castilla hit a line drive that just went over the head of my second baseman Marcus Giles. The double broke up Hampton's perfect game, but he had a fantastic night nonetheless. He recorded a season-high ten strikeouts for his fifth win of the year.

Next up is a three-game series against the Pirates in Pittsburgh.

I can't believe Kolb's performance either. At the beginning of the season, I wasn't too optimistic he could be my everyday closer. His ratings aren't very good and I've always hit well against him, too. But he's been outstanding so far, especially when he's coming inside with his cutter. It's a deadly weapon against right-handed batters.

I can't believe Kolb's performance either. At the beginning of the season, I wasn't too optimistic he could be my everyday closer. His ratings aren't very good and I've always hit well against him, too. But he's been outstanding so far, especially when he's coming inside with his cutter. It's a deadly weapon against right-handed batters.

I can't risk throwing cutters inside in my dynasty. All those runs hammered off of Rafael Perez in my dynasty came from throwing the cutter inside. The AI always seems to whack the hard cutter thrown inside.

My lefties are my most reliable starters at the moment. First Hampton throws eight innings of no-hit ball, now Ramirez pitches a complete-game gem against the Pirates. He struck out eight, walked none and retired the last 17 batters of the game.

Also, my offense accomplished a rare feat: six (!) doubles (three by Furcal, two by Francoeur and one by Orr). Chipper's home run added, seven of my eleven hits were good for extra bases.

Archived