Home of the Braves

xiberger

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe it. My Braves suffered their fifth straight defeat after getting swept in four games by the Reds. Only one win on a seven-game road trip just isn't enough to keep pace with the Phillies. Hopefully my guys can turn things around during the upcoming homestand.

Weekly update coming up next!

I think the All-Star game will feature quite a number of Braves. Andruw and Chipper Jones lead their positions, and Rafael Furcal has a good chance to get in as well. Starting pitchers Tim Hudson and Horacio Ramirez are most definitely going to Detroit, and closer Danny Kolb should also be a lock.

Andruw Jones is really tearing up pitchers at the moment. He's got good chances of winning the Triple Crown this year, as he's currently leading the NL with a .342 batting average, 21 home runs and 57 RBIs. His dominating days in real life might be over, but in this game he's still one of the best. B)

While making a sliding catch to field a ground ball up the middle, second baseman Pete Orr suffered a minor MCL sprain. He'll be out for twelve days, so I placed him on the 15-day DL and called up Scott Pratt from AAA. Orr's injury isn't really a problem, though, because I've still got another outstanding second baseman in Marcus Giles.

Archived