Home of the Braves

xiberger

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thomson is doing extremely well, just like the rest of my pitching staff. After the series in LA, I'm heading for Boston. I think the games there will prove if my pitchers are really that good. Manny and Big Papi are tearing the cover of the ball at the moment.

btw, here are the current standings:

standingszy0.jpg

Looks like the NL East will come down to a battle between my Braves and the Phillies. ;-)

My pitching is starting to freak me out. Two of my starters have an ERA of less the 2.00, and my bullpen isn't giving up many runs either. Over the last 16 games, I've only allowed 24 runs (= 1.5 runs per game).

If, at the end of the month, my pitchers are still doing this good, I'm going to adjust my sliders. I hope I don't have to, though, because I've been playing with these settings for a while now and they've always given me good results.

I still think you will have a tough time beating the Red Sox in your upcoming series :p

Think again. ;-)

Ok, if you throw back-to-back complete games, the latter being a 6-hit shutout against the top offense in all of baseball, you know something ain't right.

That's why I've increased the CPU batting sliders for contact and power. I hope it will make pitching more challenging for both my starters and the bullpen.

I actually find that I can pitch with starters well but I'm really uncomfortable turning the game over to the pen. Or maybe my bullpen is just bad. I end up having trouble with relief pitchers as I can't seem to nail sweet spots with them and I end up giving up crucial walks or hanging pitches which they hammer for hard hits.

But then again it could just be that my bullpen isn't that good.

I actually find that I can pitch with starters well but I'm really uncomfortable turning the game over to the pen. Or maybe my bullpen is just bad. I end up having trouble with relief pitchers as I can't seem to nail sweet spots with them and I end up giving up crucial walks or hanging pitches which they hammer for hard hits.

But then again it could just be that my bullpen isn't that good.

Normally it's the same for me, but this time my pen is really doing great. Adam Bernero got rocked in the first couple of games and I didn't feel comfortable pitching with him. So I sent him down to AAA and since then I haven't had many problems with my relievers.

btw, the slider adjustment is already showing an effect. I still won the game, but it was very close again.

Archived