Home of the Braves

xiberger

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me too, SpaceFlare. It's way more fun.

The last five games have been unbelievable. All of them have been one-run games, which is by far the longest streak I've ever had playing this game. The two games in Houston have featured particularly dominant pitching. In the first competition, Mike Hampton and Roger Clemens duelled to a draw in the eighth, both giving up only one run. In the second, John Thomson and Andy Pettitte were just as strong, going seven and eight scoreless, respectively.

Over these last five games, my starting rotation has a combined ERA of 0.80 (!) with 23 Ks in 34 IP. Now that's what I call pitching!

Hey xi, what sliders are you using, you seem to have some good games here.

I'm using a vintage set of sliders (can't remember by whom) which I've tweaked over the years to fit my needs. I can post them if you want to, but don't expect the same results I'm getting because sliders heavily depend on the datafile used and each player's abilities as well.

This is really getting insane! I've now had six one-run games in a row. I don't know if I'm supposed to be happy with the way my pitchers are doing or sad with my batters' approach at the plate. During these last six games, my offense has only managed to produce eight runs on 30 hits.

The good news is that ace Tim Hudson is back in the rotation after missing his last start with a minor meniscus sprain.

I'm using a vintage set of sliders (can't remember by whom) which I've tweaked over the years to fit my needs. I can post them if you want to, but don't expect the same results I'm getting because sliders heavily depend on the datafile used and each player's abilities as well.

Sure, if you can post them, that would be fine, and what datafile are you using with them also?

Sure, if you can post them, that would be fine, and what datafile are you using with them also?

I'm using a custom datafile (based on an early release by spitoon or kumala, I think). If you want it, I can send it to you.

Here are my sliders:

User Pitch Meter Difficulty: -50

Pitch Speed: 0

CPU Pitcher Ball Rate: 5

User Pitcher Fatigue: -5 

CPU Pitcher Fatigue: 5

User Pitch Control: -50

CPU Pitch Control: -50

Bullpen Fatigue Rate: 0 

Bullpen Fatigue Grace: 0 

User Batting Contact: 25

CPU Batting Contact: -15

User Batting Power: 50

CPU Batting Power: -15

User Bunting Ability: 0 

CPU Bunting Ability: 0 

User Foul Ball Frequency: 50 

CPU Foul Ball Frequency: 50

CPU Swing Frequency: -50

User OF Speed (Manual): -10 

User OF Speed (MVP): -10

CPU OF Speed: -10

User IF Speed (Manual): -10 

User IF Speed (MVP): -10

CPU IF Speed: -10

User Throw Speed: 3

CPU Throw Speed: 3

User Throw Accuracy: -10 

CPU Throw Accuracy: -10 

User Catch Errors: 5 

CPU Catch Errors: 5 

User Dive Difficulty: 0 

CPU Catch Effort: -25 

User Baserunning Speed: -5 

CPU Baserunning Speed: -5

User Runner Aggression: 5 

CPU Runner Aggression: 5 

User Runner Steal Speed: 0 

CPU Runner Steal Speed: 0 

User Runner Steal Delay: -5 

CPU Runner Steal Delay: 10

CPU Steal Rate: 50

Runner Injury Frequency: 3 

Pitcher Injury Frequency: 2 

Batter Injury Frequency: 2

Fielder Injury Frequency: 5 

Pitching MG Difference: 0

Finally a game that wasn't close. ;-)

It's good to see my offense back on track, putting constant pressure on the opposing pitchers. But it's even better to see Tim Hudson back on the mound. He was lights out against the Nationals and really proved me right for making him the ace of the rotation.

After a seven-game road trip (4-3), my Braves are now heading back to Atlanta to face the Phillies in a three-game series.

I've got some good news and some bad news...

The bad news: I'm going to be out of town for a week and won't be able to play any games during that time. :-(

And the good news: I've decided to add another element to this dynasty. It'll be a little Q&A with Braves manager Bobby Cox, which will be posted at the end of each month. :-)

Hey guys, I'm back!

I just realized that I had forgotten to post a recap for game No. 19 (final game against the Phillies at Turner Field). I put it in the same post as game No. 18, so the games stay in a chronological order.

Also, I'm going to post about new recaps later today.

Nice, first extra-inning win of the year for my Braves. Unfortunately, starter Horacio Ramirez got hurt when he was hit by a line drive off the bat of Cliff Floyd. He suffered a fractured nose, but should be fine again in a few days.

Later that game, I (unintentionally) hit Jose Reyes, breaking his arm. He won't be able to play for more than 30 days.

Ouch! Seems like both teams put the hurt on each other.

I hate how I hit hard liners to the faces of opposing pitchers and they never get hurt. But when my pitcher gets hit in the foot, he suffers a fractured toe and is out for at least a month.

I've never managed to hurt an opposing pitcher by rocketing a liner off of him.

Archived