Home of the Braves

xiberger

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor Mets, they got swept again by my Braves. It was a weird game, though. John Smoltz gave up seven runs on 15 (!) hits over 5 2/3 innings. That sounds bad, but he also struck out seven batters. Down by four in the seventh inning, pinch hitter Adam LaRoche hit a three-run homer to bring my team within one run. Later that inning, I took the lead and held on to it, thanks to Danny Kolb's ninth save. It really feels strange allowing eight runs on 19 hits and still winning the game.

Too bad, my eight-game winning streak snapped. :-(

As promised, I called up outfield prospect Jeff Francoeur from AAA Richmond, where he batted .244 with three home runs and nine RBIs. In exchange, I sent veteran Brian Jordan to the minors. Francoeur is going to start in right field against the Cardinals tomorrow, making his Major League debut.

I think this is really cool dude and you bet that I will follow this dynasty everyday. I'm a fan of the Kansas City Royals and becoming one for the Atlanta Braves as well. Keep it up bro!

Thanks for following, crobbins!

Furcal flashing some power there in that last game, huh?

I hope Francouer does well for you.

Rafael Furcal has been terrific during the last couple of games. He's currently batting .500 (16-for-32) and that multi-homer game was the cherry on top. Jeff Francoeur had a somewhat rough premiere in the majors, but I'm confident that he'll prove his talent in the future.

In the last game against the Cardinals, Chipper Jones and Marcus Giles both got hit by a pitch. In retrospect, I should've charged the mound after the second one got plunked. Anyway, Giles suffered an injury which will make him miss about 20 games. I've already put him on the 15-day disabled list.

Pete Orr will replace Giles at second base. I also called up infielder Scott Pratt from AAA Richmond to be my backup guy on the bench. Pratt has been tearing up opposing pitching so far this season, batting .357 with two long balls and seven RBIs.

For the big finale of this four-game series between my Braves and the Astros, aces Roy Oswalt and Tim Hudson will start on the mound. Both pitchers are perfect so far this season, with Oswalt being 4-0 (1.88 ERA) and Hudson having won all of his five starts (5-0, 1.03 ERA). I think it's going to be a classic pitchers' duel.

Well, Oswalt really did it all for Houston. He had a fantastic game, keeping my Braves quiet and delivering a game-winning RBI double in the seventh inning. Tim Hudson didn't get any support from his offense, so he couldn't avoid his first loss after five straight wins. Also, his scoreless inning streak came to an end. It was kinda frustrating, though, that an opposing pitcher was the one to end his streak.

Weekly update coming up next!

Archived