New classic Yankee Stadium

paulw

Just for fun I took a couple hours tonight and putzed with the new, classic Yankee stadium. In looking around, I have more than enough pieces (278 and 279) to pretty much rebuild the entire Yankee stadium neighborhood behind the bleachers. I put the apartment buildings where they should be -I think tomorrow night I might rebuild the old Concourse hotel.

Also, just to see how they would look I very quickly hacked in some of my old signs. Anyhow I don't want to "step on anyone's toes" and butt in where I shouldn't be but thought I'd throw this out there. Here's a pic of some very primitive work right now. BTW, the grandstand is spectacular in this new version. Great job Sean!!

post-1571-1230688000_thumb.jpg

This (already awesome) stadium has tons of additional potential. Just sticking a few things in for my own use. I'm actually being a jerk here by modding Sean's own work. Anyhow, here's my personal version I'm working on. As I progress I suppose I could send it to individuals but I'm not going to release it the way "stuff" is right now.

Looks great paul, especially the texture on the courthouse. Here are some parts with their cram32 file associated:

265 - 0046.bmp - currently the Met's batter's eye, pretty sure there's nothing in it.

279 - 0010.bmp - red exterior buildings

280 - 0009.bmp - white exterior buildings

289 - 0014.bmp - random little box object

I'm not sure to what extent you've dealt with oiftool2007, but I can quickly tell you how you can put new objects in so they can be modified in oedit. Or, you can put in the parts that you want, and I can always combine everything later.

What would be wonderful is if you could use part 280 or 279 to create the very specifically modified exterior buildings that were present as of 1951, i.e. the magnavox ads, the washington federal:

http://albums.phanfare.com/5406850/2414156#imageID=38712437

etc. Then I can add the other misc. buildings I already had in just to fill out the extra space.

Go wild, I look forward to the results.

edit: the new gem razor ad looks great.

I can do everything I'd like to do with 279 and 280. I just want to focus on the exterior of the stadium. I want to build the Concourse hotel next and then some of the other apartments in rf and cf - the buildings you mentioned above. It's not going to be that tough to do - and I can do it all in OEdit. This stadium is way too cool to not add some of the details - that's why I started working on the exterior. I got very excited when I saw all the potential that was here.

Anything that you want to do to add some "life" to the park would be fully welcome. Even if it's something that requires building in VW or zMod on my end, you're welcome to work on graphics and pass it over to me for import. There are some files to work with, and I would be happy to add a few more unique graphical touches to individual CYS releases to bring it to life.

The last round of modifications to the park were trying to get more of the old-time feel out of the space (7 UP ad on the water tower, cutouts on the walls for football entrances, etc), but working on 3 simultaneous years with 4 versions each definitely took its toll.

Anything, and I mean anything, that you want in the park, we'll make it happen. Why release a 17.4 MB park when it can be an 18.4 MB park?

You know what would look great? Making the columns on the bank building 3d, meaning, have them stick out with the windows recessed. It would only take 3 rectangles per column.

That's a good idea. I can "fake" that effect graphically fairly easily. Your way is also do-able. I'll try the easy way first.

post-1571-1230870466_thumb.jpg

Here's with the pillars (there's actually just a slight inset) effect on the Bronx County building. Thumbs up or thumbs down??

Btw - I wanted to add:

Sean, what you did with this Yankee is by far the most kick as* stadium work I've ever seen anyone do. Besides the look, hitting the balls into the stands and watching them bounce around is just plain beautiful. I want to try my hardest to live up to your work with my little Bronx build up.

Tony: Happy New Year to you!

Anything, and I mean anything, that you want in the park, we'll make it happen. Why release a 17.4 MB park when it can be an 18.4 MB park?

The thing I didn't understand is why you didn't compress the files in the BIG file??...I opened up the 1951 stadium with biggui and compressed all your files you never had compressed, rebuilt it, that made the file about 6 megs instead of 18 megs....played a game worked perfect....so I ask the question why didn't you compress the files?

The thing I didn't understand is why you didn't compress the files in the BIG file??...I opened up the 1951 stadium with biggui and compressed all your files you never had compressed, rebuilt it, that made the file about 6 megs instead of 18 megs....played a game worked perfect....so I ask the question why didn't you compress the files?

Because it really didn't matter when it came to testing. To properly compress everything risks corrupting the files, and when I have 12 different releases to deal with, it was an unnecessary headache. Compression won't change anything when it comes to whether or not the game can handle the large file size (18.5-18.6mb being the limit), and all of the .big files are compressed with winRAR for release, so download size isn't harmed.

All the compression does - as far is I know - is save disk space. I have personally had more graphic glitches with compressed files than un-compressed ones. For example, the texture missing error on a modded face has occured for me always on compressed data. I've then removed the compression and the error goes away.

Because it really didn't matter when it came to testing. To properly compress everything risks corrupting the files, and when I have 12 different releases to deal with, it was an unnecessary headache. Compression won't change anything when it comes to whether or not the game can handle the large file size (18.5-18.6mb being the limit), and all of the .big files are compressed with winRAR for release, so download size isn't harmed.

Actually, it does change things a bit.

I wasn't able to load some of your YS betas that were uncompressed but when I compressed them, they began working and loading.

post-1571-1230938890_thumb.jpg

Getting close to where I want to be. Right now I just want to add the building top on the Bronx County Building and a smokestack on top of the subway station. I also want to re-arrange a few signs and add one very cool one from a 1951 picture I have. Sean, then I'll send this to you. This is completely *your* stadium - you don't even need to mention me as a credit.

The one bummer right now is the water tower is 2-d. You don't notice it at all when playing but maybe somewhere down the line I'll build a 3-d one. It's the tower supports that are the most difficult.

BTW - I've been using lots of real photos of '50's Yankee to put the buildings in place. Everything should be fairly accurate. Sean, your part 279 works wonderfully for the apartments - and is a beautiful texture.

Actually, it does change things a bit.

I wasn't able to load some of your YS betas that were uncompressed but when I compressed them, they began working and loading.

I wasn't able to load any version of Candlestick Park till i compressed the majority of the files then they worked perfect.....and i mean this as no offense to the maker of the parks since they are all great editions to the game but for as many as people that viewed the parks (Candlestick Park 1978 / 1988) for example 508 views but only 109 downloads witch is quite many but i'm thinking people looking at the 13 or so meg file and saying holy hell the park is that big my computer isn't gonna run that when all other parks are around 6 megs or so...just a though

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

That's a good question! Technically the answer is no - but I think it's in Total Classics 1951. The classic Yankee Stadium mod has become somewhat "confused". Hey, I actually did some modding tonight for the first time in a month. I added the cool art deco apartment building that was in front of the Bronx County. I got the texture from Google Maps street view.

If anyone ever wants a copy of this just pm me your email and I'll send it along.

post-1571-1238304371_thumb.jpg

It's not that they can't create new Yankee Stadium, it's just that no one seems to be interested in putting the kind of time it takes to create a stadium, into making one for a game that everyone is leaving for a new game.

I just wish I had been around here longer than just the last few months. I love modding stadiums, but have never done anything like modeling a stadium. I have only ever done texture replacements, and would need a lot of time (and possibly a lot of guidance from the veterans) to ever do a good enough job to upload anything here. So far all I have done since switching to MVP 05 is some texture work in Shibe Park.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not done yet! This stadium is way too cool to not "go the distance" with (Plus, they've killed the real one). I now have the dugouts all set up correctly so you can see Casey (I still think that Stengel face by Peter Bernard was one of the best ever) and everyone else in both dugouts in the right places. I've also found out what a great source google maps street view is for building textures and have the *actual* apartments in now. Finally, I've got the bullpens (the biggest challenge) working fairly well. In the pic below, Allie Reynolds gets in some work between starts.

post-1571-1239419048_thumb.jpg

Archived