Got A Fun Site To Recommend?

Yankee4Life

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

You know when you have a song in your head and you don't know the name of it?

What about when you hear the tail-end of a song and also don't the name of it?

The answer? namemytune.com!

Site-goers can either Sing or Listen.

Sing is where you sing, hum, or provide lyrics to the song you want more information for.

Listen is where site-goers listen to the singers and provide the information (artist and song) the singer is looking for!

• 5 weeks later...

:lol: Yep, the stuff that actually meant something, before you got the stuff you'd see on TV today. A lot of Poor Righteous Teachers, KRS-One, Jedi Mind Tricks, Talib Kweli, early Cormega, De La Soul...the genre also known as hip-hop.

And nope, I don't expect you to recognise those names. :lol:

:lol: Yep, the stuff that actually meant something, before you got the stuff you'd see on TV today. A lot of Poor Righteous Teachers, KRS-One, Jedi Mind Tricks, Talib Kweli, early Cormega, De La Soul...the genre also known as hip-hop.

And nope, I don't expect you to recognise those names. :lol:

Good. I'm glad I didn't let you down here. I recognized no one. :yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...

A great site for getting books on the go - http://www.booksinmyphone.com/. In short, they get a book, wrap it in a Java container and make it available for download. You can then put it onto your phone via your PC or direct download from their mobile site, and read the book on any phone that's Java enabled. Definitely worth a look.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bookmarked that feed a while back, great laugh. I heard the guy that made it has actually been signed up to a move deal based on the Twitter account.

One for the music lovers - Grooveshark. It's marketed in a way that indicates you can "listen to any song in the world for free", and while they do have a lot of music, there are quite a few areas which aren't covered. Still a great site, though.

Archived