Mvp Or Mlb 2k9: Which One Are You Playing?

Minnesota Twins

MVP or MLB 2K9: Which one are you playing?  

203 members have voted

1. 1. I am Currently Playing...

• MVP 2005 (2007) (2008)
    • MLB 2K9

Microsoft Baseball 2001 was fun, but High Heat 2002 & 2003 had the gameplay and stats! Oh, what stats, simply amazing and that includes the box scores with player of the game! I like MVP Baseball and voted for it, however, I should note that I haven't tried 2K9 because no auto fielding. I need auto fielding. If I were 30 years younger, well, I need auto fielding. :blush:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Find me another baseball game in 05 that had 40 man rosters...

And so the catcher doesn't throw the ball back... big f*ckin deal! Stupid bullsh*t like that doesn't make a game realistic or unrealistic. It's all about gameplay. If graphics, presentation and features are more important to you than have at it. But developers should be focusing on gameplay, period. Graphics are a nice feature but are worthless if the game's unplayable. Why do I care what others are playing? Because it's people like you who are patting 2K on the back saying it's ok to have sh*tty gameplay. Meanwhile it's 2K's fault we don't have an MVP 09, and I'm not talking an 09 mod but an actual game. Now there's something to think about, if EA could produce an MVP 09 is there any doubt in your mind that it would blow away 2K9?

How do you know that EA would continue serving up high quality PC baseball games? In my opinion, the license only saved us the disappointment that EA shoved down the throats of NHL, NBA, Madden, and Tiger fans. If there was no license, we'd eventually start getting the garbage that others have been getting. I know, MVP Baseball was a great series. And some of the greatest NHL and NBA games were on PC as well (NHL 94, NHL 98, NHL 2004 & NBA Live 98). All good things, including baseball were to come to a disappointing end. I'm sure EA Sports is happy about losing the license, considering all of the NHL, NFL, and NBA fans are basically giving Peter Moore death threats, at least MVP went out with bang, and we can't blame 'em.

I cant help but sit here and laugh a little at all of the posts I have read in the last few weeks debating MVP or 2K9. I myself am an avid gamer and love baseball games more than any other game out there. With so much energy going into the garbage just arguing about which game is better it has become almost annoying. I play both games. I also play lots of other games too...some maybe better than others...some with lastability...some not...some that make me feel a sense of accomplishment... some the visual aww me...the reasons are different depending on my gaming mood. In the end it is all of theses reasons why im a gamer...i like to explore and find out what i like...i also like the well thought out opinons of others on what they enjoyed and what they found to be problematic in a game...but the one thing that i could care less about is what game more people are playing. Play what ever the hell makes you happy...cause happiness is all we need...wait or was that love? <_<

what do you mean workable?...I play my franchise with the Braves and it works ok

Braves Field was the home of the Boston Braves. They played there from 1915 - 1952. After the 1952 season, the Braves moved to Milwaukee. SeanO created a beautiful version of Braves Field for MVP2005 and I included it in the Total Classics 1951.

If you are playing a Braves franchise in MLB 2K9, you are playing in Turner Field, not Braves Field.

• 2 weeks later...

You're playing games! :angry: Who said you could stop working on TC10 to play games?

There really is a TC10 coming out? This is good news...

Can I make one small request? Please replace the 89 Cubs with the 84 Cubs... if not, no biggie, just thought I'd ask...

Mainly 2k...mvp was great but it is getting old. Im hoping the mods here continue to improve 2k9 like they did with mvp. I also played the show, but I think it misses a great deal by not being on pc and with some of the slider layouts. To me this is the best 2k effort since wsb some years back.

:o

In some areas 2k9 is far ahead of 2k7 and 2k8, in other areas it's not.

For me it's hard to compare them because each of them has something big that prevents it form reaching its potential (frustrating), and they either have features that have been removed or do not work properly.

IMO, 2k7/2k8/2k9 all play around a 7/10 rating. I guess one could get into a C+, C, C- discussion, but really who wants to split hairs when you're talking about a "C" game?

Honestly, if you're enjoying MVP a great deal (and you should), then I would just wait for 2k10.

2k9 is a nice game to play for a summer to take a break from MVP for those of us that have played it for a few years.

I still enjoy both games. I'll play 2k9 for the summer, and then into MVP again once my franchise season is done b/c multiple seasons with 2k9 is likely not enjoyable due to the roster reductions and poor/unrealistic progression.

Playing 2k9 with the next gen graphics and stadiums might cause you to look at MVP08 differently (or not), so if you're really enjoying MVP ... just stick with that great game (IMO)

Archived