Who's Playing A Dynasty On Mvp?

JoeRudi26

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my mvp season, Dan Haren and Brandon Webb suffered injuries and both were dropped and now are free agents should i sign one of them? i'm playing with san Francisco

It would depend on if you want to keep your team realistic. If so i wouldn't but if you want to make your team as good as possible, i would go and sign Webb.

I put up some screens of his stats. And he has played 14 games.

Wow, he is tearing it up.  Like rick said, I would probably give him another  10 games and see which way his numbers are leveling out.  If he continues to burn, bring him up.

In my dynasty, Kurt Suzuki went down in the 3rd game of the season, and suprisingly even after Suzuki returned, Landon Powell (.293/2/18) has been solid enough to earne the starting catcher spot.

You honestly never know what things are going to look like as the season progresses.

It would depend on if you want to keep your team realistic. If so i wouldn't but if you want to make your team as good as possible, i would go and sign Webb.

I just want my team as good as possible, so If i can sign Webb by Free Agency, in the middle of the season I think this is a plus to my team..

JR, Who is performing the best in your farm system?

Plus, how are Lars Anderson and Mark Wagner doing in the Red Sox system?

Actually, I'm keeping my eye on Eric Patterson.  He's hitting .289/5/18 through 36 games.  Ironically though, Mark Ellis went down on the very day (May 8th) that I aquired Adam Kennedy (via Joe Dillon in the Tampa Bay trade).  Kennedy's hitting around .370 after a handful of games, so I'll ride the 2B issue for awhile and see how it pans out.

As far as Wagner and Anderson:

Mark Wagner - 33 Games .378/5/22

Lars Anderson - 35 Games .362/4/27

Wow, these guys are tearing it up.

Actually, I'm keeping my eye on Eric Patterson.  He's hitting .289/5/18 through 36 games.  Ironically though, Mark Ellis went down on the very day (May 8th) that I aquired Adam Kennedy (via Joe Dillon in the Tampa Bay trade).  Kennedy's hitting around .370 after a handful of games, so I'll ride the 2B issue for awhile and see how it pans out.

As far as Wagner and Anderson:

Mark Wagner - 33 Games .378/5/22

Lars Anderson - 35 Games .362/4/27

Wow, these guys are tearing it up.

Good to hear that Patterson is doing well. He was always my first choice to put at 2nd base when i was playing games with the Cubs last year.

Anderson and Wagner are tearing it up! if they were doing that in my system, i would have them starting over Ortiz/Teixeira (Anderson) and Salty (Wagner).

Keep in mind, I'm playing along with the real schedule, so the numbers I post are cooincided (for the most part) with their real life counterparts.  Barring injuries, other small issues of course.

But since you mentioned Ortiz, he's not slumping anywhere near my dynasty: .305/11/28

:o

Keep in mind, I'm playing along with the real schedule, so the numbers I post are cooincided (for the most part) with their real life counterparts.  Barring injuries, other small issues of course.

But since you mentioned Ortiz, he's not slumping anywhere near my dynasty: .305/11/28

:o

I would do just about anything to ensure he hits like for Boston in real life or in my dynasty.

I am considering rushing Anderson up to replace Ortiz at DH. I am currently stuck with what to do because i am being plagued with injuries and i have sent Lester down to fill out the rotation at AAA and i signed Bobby Scales to fill out my ML roster.

Keep us posted on how he fares at the Major League level.  BTW, what are Ortiz's numbers?

He is hitting .284/5/24. That's not really that bad on the surface but generally with runners on 2nd and/or 3rd he is doing rather terrible. I think the last time i worked it out he was hitting .134 and that was after about 25 games.

I think the last time i worked it out he was hitting .134 and that was after about 25 games.

Ouch.  I would probably explore options since it's still early in the season.  In the meantime, don't forget to watch Ortiz at the minor league level too.  If his numbers start to become astronomical, it may be best to keep him suited up in the bigs.

While we're on the subject of the AL East, it looks like Boston and New York may have a battle on their hands.

Ouch.  I would probably explore options since it's still early in the season.  In the meantime, don't forget to watch Ortiz at the minor league level too.  If his numbers start to become astronomical, it may be best to keep him suited up in the bigs.

While we're on the subject of the AL East, it looks like Boston and New York may have a battle on their hands.

121fxgo.jpg

I was planning on keeping him on the bench for a week to see how Anderson performs but i don't know when i will actually make the move. I have got a small lead in the division so i haven't got much room to experiment. I will make my decision over the next week or so in the season.

That doesn't look pretty for the 4 teams below the Rays. I tip the Rays to get 100 wins in your AL East and possibly Boston to get the Wild Card with 89 wins.

Should be interesting, like I said, keep us updated.  As far as Tampa Bay goes, I have to agree.  They've looked unstoppable already. They absolutely rolled me in the first two games, and somehow I was able to focus enough to salvage that last game.  Both Boston and New York are going to have to rely on Tampa Bay injuries, or just a total breakdown.

Sonnanstine shut me down in the first game

Shields and Garza did the damage on me, and I actually was able to beat Sonnanstine, 3-1.  Talk about tough, I faced Verlander in the first of a 3 game series in Detroit.  I didn't get a hit until the 8th inning.

Shields and Garza did the damage on me, and I actually was able to beat Sonnanstine, 3-1.  Talk about tough, I faced Verlander in the first of a 3 game series in Detroit.  I didn't get a hit until the 8th inning.

v2xtts.jpg

How's the dynasty coming along Jay?

Shields and Garza are a tough combo to face in a series.

How's the dynasty coming along Jay?

Shields and Garza are a tough combo to face in a series.

Hey Rob, good to see you back.  Thought maybe you went ahead and "moved in" at work.   ^_^  

Anyway, finally got everything playing good.  I had a tough time with sliders/datefile for awhile, but right on the verge of giving up, I finally got everything playing extremely good again.  18-17 in a mediocre AL West, but having fun nonetheless.

I've been looking for updates on your dynasty, but hadn't seen you post in awhile, figured it was work related.  Anyway, everything looks great on your end too, hopefully you'll get some time to get in  a groove.  Looks good as always!

Hey Rob, good to see you back.  Thought maybe you went ahead and "moved in" at work.   ^_^  

Anyway, finally got everything playing good.  I had a tough time with sliders/datefile for awhile, but right on the verge of giving up, I finally got everything playing extremely good again.  18-17 in a mediocre AL West, but having fun nonetheless.

I've been looking for updates on your dynasty, but hadn't seen you post in awhile, figured it was work related.  Anyway, everything looks great on your end too, hopefully you'll get some time to get in  a groove.  Looks good as always!

Good to hear on the dynasty Jay. You going to be posting updates?

Man, work has been brutal lately. Guess I should be happy though, I've got a job, and the bank accounts above the mendoza line. B)

Things are going to slow down, so I'm looking to knocking out some consecutive games now.

I'm thinking about posting after the All-Star Break, maybe just do half a season.  I've been working on some ideas here and there.  I may do it just to try and stay polished in Photoshop.  

Man, work has been brutal lately. Guess I should be happy though, I've got a job, and the bank accounts above the mendoza line. B)

Things are going to slow down, so I'm looking to knocking out some consecutive games now.

What's this work thing you are talking about? :p I was offered a job over a month ago and i still haven't been given the okay to start.

Your dynasty is looking really good, M. I have your dynasty bookmarked and it is one of the things i read every time i log on.

Well I made a trade for my current minor leagues and my future MLB team. Knowing Andy LaRoche isn't the future at 3rd and Ramon Vasquez has been holding down the fork at 3rd, I decided to move 3B Andy LaRoche off the bench to another squad.

mvp20052009051617410335.th.jpg

I received two top 100 prospect starting pitchers and a solid veteran catcher who will be starting at AAA in Sal Fasano.

My minor league pitching has been kinda struggling, so Chacin will start at AAA and Friedrich (was on trading block) will pitch in AA.

Pedro Alvarez is even hotter 2 games after the last screenshot. He really influenced the trade. Here's his stats and LaRoche's while in Pittsburgh's bench.

mvp2005200905161%38%3043950.th.jpg

Archived