Who's Playing A Dynasty On Mvp?

JoeRudi26

The Rays have just completed the 3 game sweep of me. They came back and won 4-1 in the final game on the back of a Carlos Pena grand slam.

I start the series with them tonight in Tampa.  I'll do my best to avenge you, rick.   :D

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I start the series with them tonight in Tampa.  I'll do my best to avenge you, rick.   :D

Thanks. Try and beat my Manny's shot to the upper deck in left. :p

Your A's are not so great in my Dynasty. They have scored very few runs. Only scored more than the World Champion Braves and the Padres.

Thanks. Try and beat my Manny's shot to the upper deck in left. :p

Your A's are not so great in my Dynasty. They have scored very few runs. Only scored more than the World Champion Braves and the Padres.

I have a feeling it's going to be a long season with Oakland.  I can get on base, but scoring runs once I get there is another story.  Hopefully this division is a wash, and I'll at least get a chance to get into the post season.

Cincinnati is on fire in your dynasty. :huh:

I have a feeling it's going to be a long season with Oakland.  I can get on base, but scoring runs once I get there is another story.  Hopefully this division is a wash, and I'll at least get a chance to get into the post season.

Cincinnati is on fire in your dynasty. :huh:

You will start to score those runners eventually. Just hope the gap to the top isn't too great once you start winning consistently.

Cincinnati is being helped by some great seasons by Joey Votto, Jay Bruce, Jeff Keppinger, Edwin Encarnacion, Brandon Phillips and even Jose Cruz is knocking in the runs.

It's May 1st in my dynasty. I just called up Pedro Alvarez to AA Altoona. He left A ball with a bang. Here's his boxscore and his A ball stats. Also the man he is replacing in AA, who was good also.

mvp20052009051918513169.th.jpg

mvp20052009051918575608.th.jpg

I will put up his 1st game stats up tomorrow.

A lot of people were worthy of callups, but I will sort it out soon. Here's a few.

mvp20052009051918492839.th.jpg

mvp20052009051918494034.th.jpg

Here's the MLB Standings entering May 1st.

mvp20052009051919225630.jpg

w%38%300.png

I hope Alvarez continues his good progress and i wish my Red Sox were doing as well as the Red Sox in your Dynasty.

I'm hopin' he does good too man. I hope he tears up AA ball. The Sox are hanging in their I see. MVP dynasty mode is amazing when playing every game!

MILK -

You got some pretty decent prospects in your Minor League system.  At 12-14, and since it's early, maybe you should really shake things up, see if you can shake out a few wins.

Keep us posted.

Yea JR, a lot of guys in A and AA hit over .300 with 20+ hits. Probably around 15 guys. AAA is a whole different story. I think only one guy is over .300, batting like 390. My MLB team lineup isn't the problem. These single and double A hitters aren't ready for the Majors. The pitching is frustrating, can't buy a win vs. Milwaukee.

I'm doing a dynasty with the indians...im 33-20 thus far...leading the AL central. The standouts have been Sizemore (320/10/39 19 sb's) and V Mart (374/13/44), while Carmona is 7-1, Reyes is 6-1, and Lee is 6-3. My minors system has also been strong. At AAA, Michael Brantley is hitting 270 with 25 sb's, and Matt LaPorta and Trevor Crowe all played well enough to earn call-ups (Crowe especially excelled in Cleveland...hitting 412/489/711). At AA, Hector Rondon has been lights out in the rotation, and Carlos Santana is tearing up the league to the extent he should get a call up (except Chris Gimenez is hitting 320 at AAA so there would be a battle for playing time). At Kingston, Matt Brown has been the standout, though I recently traded Sean Nottingham for Pedro Alvarez (He was on the trading block for some reason) and he's been hitting well since the deal.

NOmah LOSING STREAK!

Ok, sorry to get so excited.  Last night I finally ended the 7 game losing streak by beating the Rays.  After holding a 1-0 lead for nearly the entire game, Tampa Bay's Dionner Navarro ties it up with a homerun in the bottom of the 8th.  The game is stalemate until the 11th inning.  

As I was watching Sportscenter later that night, I couldn't believe the similiarites, check it out:

My game, Oak vs Tampa Bay - 

Real Life, May 19 Oak vs Tampa Bay -

Instead of Matt Holiday hitting the 3 run homer in the 11th in real life, Nomar does it for me in my dynasty.  I'm just finally glad to take them down a notch.  Sometimes it's a little eery how this stuff works out, but I'll take it.   ^_^

Wow JR, that is uncanny stuff right there. Where is Rod Serling? He's got to be standing off-camera waiting to tell us "We just entered the Twilight Zone". :hi:

Congrats on snapping the 7-game skid man. I like those stalemate games.

Wow JR, that is uncanny stuff right there. Where is Rod Serling? He's got to be standing off-camera waiting to tell us "We just entered the Twilight Zone". :hi:

Congrats on snapping the 7-game skid man. I like those stalemate games.

Yeah, it doesn't happen very often, but pretty fun stuff to see nonetheless.

I've got Nomar (.350/3/9) and Bobby Crosby (.386) exclusively getting playing time against lefties.  Giambi/Cust (1st base/DH) and Orlando Cabrera (SS) are playing against the right handed pitching.  Both (Garciaparra and and Crosby) are absolutely killing the ball.

In light of how bad May is turning out at 6-9 so far, I may restructure lineups after the Tampa Bay series.

I was thinking about importing some players that are not my Dynasty.

I am planning on adding Pedro Alvarez, Junichi Tazawa, Reid Engel, Josh Papelbon.

Do you guys think it is a good idea or should i not start to mess around with the rosters.

I was thinking about importing some players that are not my Dynasty.

I am planning on adding Pedro Alvarez, Junichi Tazawa, Reid Engel, Josh Papelbon.

Do you guys think it is a good idea or should i not start to mess around with the rosters.

It really depends on how you want to play, rick. If you're not necessarily trying to keep rosters as accurate as possible, I'd make whatever decisions you want to and see how things work out.

That said, I used to know a couple of guys that would "select" their own team and load them down with players like Arod, Griffey, Howard, C.C Sabathia, and all the rest of the superstars.  They would go on to win 145 games and have fun doing it.  Personally I don't think that would be very exciting winning every game by 10 runs, but to each their own, I guess.

I see it like this:  You either keep rosters as accurate as possible and deal with what you have, or draft/select your own team/rosters as fair as you can and play or manage them throughout the season.  It can be fun both ways, but whatever decisions you ultimately make do impact the win/loss column.

Hey guys, I was thinking about going ahead and presenting my dynasty this year, probably starting in the next few weeks or around the All-Star Break.  It was really the reason I started this thread, I was kind of curious as to how many people are actually still playing MVP, and with all the responses I was really kind of surprised to see it still being played as much as it is.

That said, I still think it's the most solid baseball game there out there, and was just wondering if anyone had any input on some of the templates I've been making.  Instead of relying so much on graphics, and since the game's graphics are obviously outdated, I thought about trying to present something that relays the game in a more text based style, sort of using the Boxscore Extractor as a base for numbers, then branching out with Player News, Injury Reports, Season Matchups, and maybe some more headlines and graphics as it evolves.  

Anyway, here are a couple of starter samples, if anyone has any ideas, feel free to post them here. This was a game I played the other night.

13-7 with the Cubs. Now i know that record looks good on paper but this team is giving me a ton of headaches. I can never get good pitching and hitting in the same game and it always comes right down to the wire. Kevin Greg is in the minors after 5 appearences and Milton Bradley also after having and 0-20 cold streak and poor all around play i decided that he would have a AAA stint aswell. To make things worse i have lost Ted Lilly for 60 days after he pitched 2 innings and Harden for 15 days after only 1 dtart and six innings.

On the brighter side of things through 3 starts Angel Guzman is a perfect 3-0 with a 1 hitter against the Cardinals. Joey Gathright has been nothing but spectacular after Koskue moved to right for Bradley and he earned the job in Center, he even has replaced Soriano as lead off.

Hey guys, I was thinking about going ahead and presenting my dynasty this year, probably starting in the next few weeks or around the All-Star Break.  It was really the reason I started this thread, I was kind of curious as to how many people are actually still playing MVP, and with all the responses I was really kind of surprised to see it still being played as much as it is.

That said, I still think it's the most solid baseball game there out there, and was just wondering if anyone had any input on some of the templates I've been making.  Instead of relying so much on graphics, and since the game's graphics are obviously outdated, I thought about trying to present something that relays the game in a more text based style, sort of using the Boxscore Extractor as a base for numbers, then branching out with Player News, Injury Reports, Season Matchups, and maybe some more headlines and graphics as it evolves.  

Anyway, here are a couple of starter samples, if anyone has any ideas, feel free to post them here. This was a game I played the other night.

2a7wis3.jpg

2z3t9o5.jpg

Yes please joe! :D

Ive read through Beyond The Ivy and the was amazing. Ive always wanted to see a good A's Dynasty and who better to present it then you?

Great job JR! Welcome to the site The Doctor, I'm chasing the Cubs right now. I'm actually starting to get some kind of pitching with the Pirates.

I forgot to post this, the top 5 list in AVG, HR, and RBI for April.

mvp20052009051919235073.jpg

w%38%300.png

mvp20052009051919235587.jpg

w%38%300.png

mvp20052009051919235813.jpg

w%38%300.png

Here's a quick trade I made after promoting players due to having more than enough SS and 2B's in my minors. Tried to squeeze in someone else but couldn't. Montero is currently hitting over .300 with Tampa and now my A ball team.

mvp20052009052020560405.th.jpg

And for Pedro Alvarez, here's his numbers in 2 games for my AA Altoona.

mvp20052009052021243416.th.jpg

For anyone who has been wondering "Where's Tabata?", he has been really struggling in AA all year. His average is at .216. My A ball outfielders are doing good so what should I do with him?

Jay, I love that new layout man. Good stuff. :yahoo:

Looking forward to your regular updates, once you get going.

*Everyone else that posted in this thread, looking good as well. I love keeping up with a good dynasty, no matter what game it is.

Thanks, guys, I'll have to create standing boards, stat boards, and so on, but no big deal.  I appreciate all the input.

@ DOCTOR -13-7 with the Cubbies?  Man, between the injuries and poor production from some key players, it sounds like you've got your hands full, but at least you're lucky to be winning games.

Definitely keep us updated as to how you do throughout the season.  Losing Lilly and Harden can immediately impact that win/loss column.

@ MILK - Looks like AA has cooled Perez just a bit.  Keep us posted on his progress.

@ Meastro - I agree, all the dynasties look great so far.  Hopefully the one's that are doing them will keep posting on their progress.  Maybe come October we'll have a WS winner.  

And no, it probably won't be my A's.   B)

Archived