Who's Playing A Dynasty On Mvp?

JoeRudi26

I am struggling to get over .500 right now. I'm 17-20 and just got swept in a day-night double header vs. Colorado.

Who's leading the division?  Cincinnati and Chicago are pulling ahead of the pack in the Central for me.  On a side note, I'm on a 4 game win streak (after losing 7 in a row), and just swept the D'Backs.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's how the *Standings stack up so far for me (before today's games):

NL Central

Real Life Standings

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NL East

Real Life Standings

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NL West

Real Life Standings

AL Central

Real Life Standings

AL East

Real Life Standings

AL West

Real Life Standings

*Number of games may vary due to postponements, schedule changes, etc

Do you haveany ideas of guys that you might wanna call up JR?

Like I said, I'll really dig into it at the end of May, but as of this moment, the only transaction I've been looking at is bringing up Daric Barton (.286/6/16) for Jason Giambi (.245/4/13).  I promised myself I'd give Giambi a couple of months to make a 'comeback' so to speak, but in reality he's more or less bogging down the lineup.  Not only can't he on base (.283 OBP), but he's incredibly slow. Not that Barton is a speedster, but he gets on base more and he can at least get around the basepaths.

I've got about a week before I 'sit down' and look at the complete roster.  Thankfully it's a weak division and it's going to allow me some time to experiment.

Yeah I also noticed Giambi was slow as hell. Have you heard of Barton being able to play any other positions? I might try him at LF on days when Holliday needs a rest or if Cust goes down again move Holliday to right. After all he couldnt be any worse than Adam Dunn is at left could he lol?

Yeah I also noticed Giambi was slow as hell. Have you heard of Barton being able to play any other positions? I might try him at LF on days when Holliday needs a rest or if Cust goes down again move Holliday to right. After all he couldnt be any worse than Adam Dunn is at left could he lol?

I haven't heard of Barton playing anywhere other than 1st base, but that doesn't mean he hasn't.  BTW, Dunn's speed rating is 60, and Barton's is 57.  So you're right, it's not much of a difference between the two.  If Barton is killing the ball, it could be worth it to put him out there and see how he does.

Of course, if he starts costing you more runs than he's producing...that's another story.   B)

I gave him a start at Third one game and he ended up with an error. I probably will experiment because your right the AL west is a weak division. Also Thigpen can play first, second and third so if Suzuki heats up i can move Thigpen to one of those.

I have reached the middle of May and i am stuck with what to do with some of minor league players. I don't want to move the players around too much because i want all my minor league teams to do well but i want my prospects to progress through the system.

Here's how my minor league batting line ups compare. No point showing the pitching stats because they are pretty horrible.

13548%38%301.jpg

33546821.jpg

582%38%30063.jpg

rick,

Just curious if you have SavReader working 100% for you.  Everything works fine for me except when I try to out put the team stats.

Schedule, league leaders, injuries, roster, everything works fine except when I use this option, it always puts past (I guess that's what it is) players in the list, and I have no idea why.

I've read through the SavReader thread again when I downloaded it again a couple of weeks ago, but unless I'm missing it, I didn't see a fix anywhere for this issue.  In the pic you posted, it looks like it's working for you, and I just wondered how you fixed it.

Thanks.

I have no idea why it puts players in that are not on the team. I do have the issue with limited stats for players that have came up from the minor leagues during the season.

I did notice in you screenshot that the year was 2005. Are you just using an updated schedule or did you use the year change as well?

JR, if you want. Send me your Dynasty file and i will see if it happens on my computer as well.

I have no idea why it puts players in that are not on the team. I do have the issue with limited stats for players that have came up from the minor leagues during the season.

I did notice in you screenshot that the year was 2005. Are you just using an updated schedule or did you use the year change as well?

JR, if you want. Send me your Dynasty file and i will see if it happens on my computer as well.

It's not a big deal, rick, by the looks of what you posted, I thought maybe you had found a fix.  The last post I saw from RichK (program's creator) was 2 years ago this May.  It said something about fixing this very issue.

And then silence..

:mellow:    :rolleyes:

No i fixed the issue with it crashing when putting the free agents in to the fictional team "Burnaby Argonauts"

Could i still have a look at your Dynasty file though? I would like to see if i could find out what is wrong.

Sometimes it isn't the actually SavReader but the DAT files.

No i fixed the issue with it crashing when putting the free agents in to the fictional team "Burnaby Argonauts"

Could i still have a look at your Dynasty file though? I would like to see if i could find out what is wrong.

Sometimes it isn't the actually SavReader but the DAT files.

Sure.  Good luck.

2009Oak.zip

That happens when I try to load MVPSavReader...

I've downloaded version 2.1.0 erlier today, but still the same result

I don't know, Patrick.  I'd check the SavReader thread meticulously to see if you can find your answer.  There were a few different type of errors that seemed to be mostly fixed.  You may find your answer.

JR, when you load your file with SavReader does it come up with 2005 or 2009 for the year?

I just downloaded and used the Schedule Updater and updated to 2009.  (Can't believe I haven't done it before)  Now it only outputs Pitching and Fielding stats, but they look to be correct.  Very strange.

Archived