Who's Playing A Dynasty On Mvp?

JoeRudi26

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saved his pic from ESPN.com, put it in the PlayerPics folder in the MVPSavReader folder, and named it Weiters_Matt.  The program will automatically find it.

Wish I had all these wonderful tools for 2K. <_<

Jay, I'm caught up with the regular season schedule now. Currently playing the KC weekend series.

Don't think I've ever played that much baseball back-to-back since my Sega Genesis days. :D

Don't think I've ever played that much baseball back-to-back since my Sega Genesis days. :D

haha, sorry man, this truly made me laugh.  I know exactly what you mean.  Between starting the season off with 2K9, playing a month or so of MVP, tweaking sliders, tweaking datafiles, starting over and getting caught up with the schedule, I should probably be in September by now.   ^_^

Anyway, that's great to hear.  I personally get a better 'feel' for the stats when following someone else's dynasty that is following the real life schedule as I do.  When looking at stats, I feel like there's a solid foothold to compare my own dynasty (or real life) from, without having to look at 'games played' first.

This is great news, if you're like me, playing one game a day is really a good pace to stay in.  Gives you lots of space to take your time updating, if you choose to do so.

Awesome man, looking forward to it!

haha, sorry man, this truly made me laugh.  I know exactly what you mean.  Between starting the season off with 2K9, playing a month or so of MVP, tweaking sliders, tweaking datafiles, starting over and getting caught up with the schedule, I should probably be in September by now.   ^_^

Anyway, that's great to hear.  I personally get a better 'feel' for the stats when following someone else's dynasty that is following the real life schedule as I do.  When looking at stats, I feel like there's a solid foothold to compare my own dynasty (or real life) from, without having to look at 'games played' first.

This is great news, if you're like me, playing one game a day is really a good pace to stay in.  Gives you lots of space to take your time updating, if you choose to do so.

Awesome man, looking forward to it!

Yeah, this is a pace I can & am looking forward to keeping. It just didn't fell right being that far behind the real season, and watching Baseball Tonight, MLB Network, etc... B)

Here is the Top 10 picks from the draft and how they are doing. (linked to my post above)

Mark Boath - First Pick - Washington Nationals

Starting Pitcher - Currently Long relief

22 Games 35.1 IP 3-1 4.84 ERA 20 Ks 17 BBs

Joe Fordyce - Second Pick - Baltimore Orioles

2 Games 6 IP 0-0 9.00 ERA 5Ks 2BBs

Keith Noble - Third Pick - Pittsburgh Pirates

5 Games 19.1 IP 1-1 4.66 ERA 16Ks 6BBs

Carlos Lynas - Fourth Pick - Minnesota Twins

Centre Fielder - Currently on bench

No games played

Kirk Jung - Fifth Pick - Philadelphia Phillies

Starting Pitcher - Currently Middle relief

20 Games 29.2 IP 2-1 3.34 ERA 28 Ks 8 BBs

Franklin Hermanson - Sixth Pick - Seattle Mariners

Starting Pitcher - Currently Long Relief

1 Game 9 IP 1-0 1.00 ERA 5 Ks 2 BBs

Mike McGuire - Seventh Pick - San Diego Padres

Second Baseman - Starting second baseman

44 Games 153 ABs .203 4 HRs 13 RBIs

Nate DeLeon - Eighth Pick - Oakland Athletics (AAA)

Centre fielder - Currently on bench

7 Games 28 ABs .286 1 HR 4 RBIs

David Cray - Ninth Pick - Houston Astros

Starting Pitcher - Currently Starting pitcher

10 Games 52 IP 1-5 8.31 ERA 37 Ks 28 BBs

Armando King - Tenth Pick - Toronto Blue Jays

Second baseman/Outfielder - Starting Left Fielder

48 Games 177 ABs .232 6 HRs 22 RBIs

Here's a line score I've been working on for if/when I start presenting my dynasty.  I was just curious if anyone knows if this part of the game has been or can be modded.  I personally haven't seen it, and it may not even be possible.

I'm talking about the end game Linescore/Boxscore:

Thanks, if anyone knows.

I was just thinking on terms of what people have done with the overlays.  I was just wondering if this part of the game could be modded, sort of like the in game overlays.  

I don't remember seeing it being done, I just wondered if anyone has even tried.

Been gone for a while. My Pirates are 22-23 so far. I just lossed a heartbreaking rubber game vs. the White Sox in my 1st interleague series of the year. The 1st game was bananas! Check this out.

mvp20052009053110315136.jpg

mvp20052009053110315523.jpg

Now I head up north of Chicago for the 1st time to vs. the Cubbies in a 3 gm. set, who are in 1st place.

mvp20052009053118311937.jpg

As for Pedro Alvarez,

mvp20052009053118354619.jpg

My AAA 3rd baseman is hitting around .250, nothing spectacular. Idk what I should do with him. Here's the stats.

mvp20052009053118272264.jpg

Allright ive made my first and only move with anderson's era through the roof, Gonzalez and eveland on the DL. Mark Mulder has returned to Oakland. He's taking over Brett's spot in the rotation but with no set in stone closer theres a strong chance he could end up the closer when Dana and Gio return.

Been gone for a while. My Pirates are 22-23 so far. I just lossed a heartbreaking rubber game vs. the White Sox in my 1st interleague series of the year. The 1st game was bananas! Check this out.

Wow man, that's a ton of offense.  How many homeruns were hit in this game?

Allright ive made my first and only move with anderson's era through the roof, Gonzalez and eveland on the DL. Mark Mulder has returned to Oakland. He's taking over Brett's spot in the rotation but with no set in stone closer theres a strong chance he could end up the closer when Dana and Gio return.

Mulder back with Oakland?  This ought to be interesting..

B)

In rick's Boston dynasty thread, we were discussing power, or lack of, throughout our lineups.  He mentioned something about his AAA team, so I thought I'd take a hard look at just homeruns alone in my minor league system.  There is no power in this organization.

Anywhere.   :huh:

In rick's Boston dynasty thread, we were discussing power, or lack of, throughout our lineups.  He mentioned something about his AAA team, so I thought I'd take a hard look at just homeruns alone in my minor league system.  There is no power in this organization.

Anywhere.   :huh:

a3w8y.jpg

That doesn't look good Jay. Lars Anderson for me has more home runs in 35 ABs (9 Games) than your entire AAA team. Only 5 of a total of 15 batters that have hit in AAA have less home runs that your team. :lol:

Excluding Mark Wagner who has played 9 games. They are all the back ups.

It is pretty much that bad throughout the farm system. :huh:

One query, how come your players have had so few at bats. The most ABs is 25. That doesn't seem to make sense.

You're right, rick, that's very strange.  At first I thought it was the SavReader messing up the stats, but as you can see it's the same way in the game.

There's been over 50 games played in the season, not sure how that can be.  I just checked, and the whole minor league system is the same way.   :huh:

That is strange. I can't even think of anything that could explain it.

Out of curiosity, have you played about 5 games since you used the schedule updater?

That might have affected it because most of the season would be under 2005 and now it is being recorded under 2009.

That is strange. I can't even think of anything that could explain it.

Out of curiosity, have you played about 5 games since you used the schedule updater?

That might have affected it because most of the season would be under 2005 and now it is being recorded under 2009.

About 5 games is probably right.  I knew it would affect stats via the SavReader, but I didn't know it could affect in game stats.  That seems logical, but the fact that it has only affected the minor leagues is baffling.

Archived