Who's Playing A Dynasty On Mvp?

JoeRudi26

Actually, it's sort of been the other way around.  Not necessarily getting beat up, but these Sox won't go down quietly.  Not sure if you caught the first two games updates, you can see them HERE

Can't wait to see you're Sox/A's update.  No pressure Maestro...

Really.   :D

Looks like a good series Jay. That Game 2 score looks eeriely similar to mine. ^_^

Don't want to spoil my updates, but I'll just say that Games 1 & 2 were sluggfests. Then Game 3 last night was a classic pitcher's duel. Who knows what the final game will be like tonight.

Really having fun with this series.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allright so if you guys haven't already saw my laptop was fried. This means I can't play mvp until I get a new one which wont be until July 10th when I get paid. My school is out on the 23rd. Im going to present a Pirates dynasty using opening day rosters and it will start that first weekend. Until then im going to work on a presentation hopefully ill be able to post up some early stages of it tommorow night.

Major moves in my dynasty today:

Sent to AAA Sacramento

Jason Giambi

Rajai Davis

Jerome Williams

Brad Ziegler 

Called up to MLB

Daric Barton

Chris Denorfia

Dallas Braden

Vin Mazarro 

Barton will step into Giambi's (.235/4/14) role for now, with Denorfia doing the same for Rajai Davis (.178/0/2).  With decent speed (84), Denorfia will be in centerfield at least until Ryan Sweeney comes back from an injury (3 days).

Vin Mazarro will take over Jerome Williams's spot (2) in the rotation, with lefty starter Dallas Braden taking the 5th spot, moving Brett Anderson into a long relief role.  Jerome Williams and Brad Ziegler will be taking a stint in Sacramento.

I just lost a game and my pitcher gave up 0 ER. <_<

Losing is frustrating. I am now 4th in the division.

JR, i understand that you needed to replace Giambi for a while but i think you will miss him at minimum coming off the bench late in a game.

I hope the news guys pick it up for you.

I am looking to make a move that has been influenced by my continuous injuries.

I am looking to acquire Jeff Keppinger for Velazquez/Carswell (Both SS in AAA).

My theory is that it will open a spot in AAA for Lowrie to go down because he is struggling greatly and Keppinger can play multiple positions.

I just lost a game and my pitcher gave up 0 ER. <_<

Losing is frustrating. I am now 4th in the division.

JR, i understand that you needed to replace Giambi for a while but i think you will miss him at minimum coming off the bench late in a game.

I hope the news guys pick it up for you.

I am looking to make a move that has been influenced by my continuous injuries.

I am looking to acquire Jeff Keppinger for Velazquez/Carswell (Both SS in AAA).

My theory is that it will open a spot in AAA for Lowrie to go down because he is struggling greatly and Keppinger can play multiple positions.

I don't know, Giambi's been in the lineup since Opening Day, and he just seems to putter from day to day.  No power, no contact, no clutch, I just honestly don't see a reason NOT to sit him down.  I'm looking forward to seeing what Barton can do given some playing time.

Another loss and slipping down to 4th in the division?  Hopefully you can gain some ground by the All-Star Break and regroup.  Good luck with the moves, I'll be checking in to see how they develop.

I don't know, Giambi's been in the lineup since Opening Day, and he just seems to putter from day to day.  No power, no contact, no clutch, I just honestly don't see a reason NOT to sit him down.  I'm looking forward to seeing what Barton can do given some playing time.

Another loss and slipping down to 4th in the division?  Hopefully you can gain some ground by the All-Star Break and regroup.  Good luck with the moves, I'll be checking in to see how they develop.

Fair point about Giambi. I hope that his replacement puts some runs on the board for you.

I hope that the Reds accept my trade offer because i don't know any other player that i could get cheap and that is half way decent.

How does this trade look. It is the maximum i am willing to offer for Keppinger.

I may look elsewhere but Keppinger is my main target at this point.

Any opinions on the trade would be good.

Reds Get

David Aardsma AAA RP - 1-0 17 Saves 0.47 ERA

Gil Velazquez AAA 2B/SS - .350/2/9

Red Sox Get

Jeff Keppinger ML SS .270/9/28

Justin Mallett AA RP 2-1 17 Saves 2.49 ERA

How does this trade look. It is the maximum i am willing to offer for Keppinger.

I may look elsewhere but Keppinger is my main target at this point.

Any opinions on the trade would be good.

Reds Get

David Aardsma AAA RP - 1-0 17 Saves 0.47 ERA

Gil Velazquez AAA 2B/SS - .350/2/9

Red Sox Get

Jeff Keppinger ML SS .270/9/28

Justin Mallett AA RP 2-1 17 Saves 2.49 ERA

That looks like a decent trade.  Giving up Aardsma, with 17 saves this early in the season, probably balances things out.  Keppinger is solid, but not All-Star material, so it looks like a fair move all the way around.

Keep us informed on how it works out.

If someone is struggling, make the switch!! Good moves JR, those minor leaguers come up hungry. I know Pittsburgh's does.

I hated to lose (Rajai) Davis and his speed (92) in centerfield, but he was completely absent at the plate.  I've played with Denorfia a little last year, and he was hitting in the .270+ range with mid range pop.  He won't be breaking homerun records, but he gets on base and has decent speed (84), so I'm basically left with doing what's best for the entire lineup.

I don't miss Giambi at all.  Barton will no doubt pull his weight.   ^_^

I am also looking at Kevin Frandsen as a possibility.

I think i will be able to give up just David Aardsma and get Frandsen, Junior Spivey and a minor league catcher.

This trade would give me more depth in my minor leagues.

I will have to put some thought in to which one of them would benefit me more. ^_^

Do you plan on releasing these as a overlay for MVP?

Here's a post game boxscore that I'm working on for my dynasty. It's a mix of ESPN's new graphics with a little of my own.  I've not modded overlays or anything else in the game for that matter, but it would be cool to have something like this in the game.  If at all possible.

That looks sweet JR. I agree, something like that would be cool in-game.

It looks great.

I doubt that it would be possible to put something like that in MVP but could show the guys that are creating that baseball game and see if they could put something like that in that.

And if you wanted to use these programs to present in your dynasty, you can pretty much do anything you want to them in Photoshop.

vz80mf.jpg

Jay, this is beautiful. Very nice use of some of your photoshop skills. Really looking forward to your dynasty.

Jay, this is beautiful. Very nice use of some of your photoshop skills. Really looking forward to your dynasty.

Thanks, Vish.  I really just threw that together by doodling.  Sometimes my problem is I want to do too much, one thing leads to five,  and I have to really be careful and know when to stop.  But with this particular pic, I was extremely suprised how well that font worked out.  It seems to fit the "style" pretty good.

But thanks, I've got bits and pieces of all kinds of stuff I've been throwing together for the last few months.  Hopefully I can contain it all and keep the entire presentation somewhat linear/uniform when I start my dynasty.  Trying to revive anything graphically in MVP is almost mute, the game and it's animations have been 'done' for so long now, so I'm going to have to lean in a slightly different direction to keep things fresh.

I'm taking my time this year, and will start presenting at the half-way mark.  Besides, I'm not so sure I can lure anything in with this dilapidated A's team.

Or can I...

;)

For any of you that go on the Usenet groups (also called newsgroups) you can get a lot of fonts from this newsgroup called alt.binaries.fonts

Thanks, Y4L, I'm always looking for different resources.  Anything helps.   ^_^

Archived