Who's Playing A Dynasty On Mvp?

JoeRudi26

Saw the same thread pertaining to MLB2K9, just thought I'd ask if anyone is playing their season on MVP, who with, and how are they doing so far.  I, among a lot of other people, gave 2K9 a shot when it came out but had to resort back to MVP for baseball this year for obvious reasons.  After a few slider/datefile changes, I'm probably having the most fun I've had on MVP with this year's dynasty.

I'm playing with Oakland ('08 Mod, KG's Updated Rosters, 2009 Schedule, etc.) and have finally caught up to the real life schedule, and will be updating daily with real life transactions (aquired via trade Adam Kennedy May 8th/Tampa Bay Joe Dillon).

I'm currently 18-16, leading a mediocre AL West by 1.5 games.  Tampa Bay (26-10) seems to be the best team in the league this year with a 22-14 LA Dodger tearing it up as well.

Anyway, it seems to be quiet on the MVP front, just wondered how many and who's doing what in MVP this year.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dabbling in a Sacramento Rivercats (Oakland AAA) dynasty.

I'm using tywiggins' tools to give players their real life injuries, and since the A's have had A LOT of injuries, my roster has been shaken up like a soda a lot thus far.

I'm 12-7, on a 6 game winning streak. All my hitters are absolutely crushing the ball, lead by Daric Barton and Aaron Cunningham, who recently came off the DL in real life and in my game.

MVP still rules, by the way. Everything has been perfect gameplay-wise.

I've been plugging away while at school on a dynasty. I created a bunch of my friends (around 30-35) and put us all in the Orioles AA team, the Bowie Bay Sox. No one is that amazing, as my best hitter's stats are 55 contact, 55 power. Best pitcher is a couple pitches in the 70's rated.

We are the #1 overall team in AA, but when I tried to move everyone up to AAA we were the worst. It's fun to play because I take screen shots of good games by people and post them on facebook. My buddy has been doing the same thing with the Kansas City Royals, except he has been playing since MVP '05 first came out. He is in 2010 in game and his goal is to get 3000 hits... etc...

He has all of his stats posted on his website through MVP Savereader.... check it out...

http://www.thegratzi.com/mvpstats/

(if you use firefox to view this.. it will be viewed as an attack site, I promise, there is nothing wrong with his site, view it in IE and you will have no problems)

Dabbling in a Sacramento Rivercats (Oakland AAA) dynasty.

I'm using tywiggins' tools to give players their real life injuries, and since the A's have had A LOT of injuries, my roster has been shaken up like a soda a lot thus far.

I'm 12-7, on a 6 game winning streak. All my hitters are absolutely crushing the ball, lead by Daric Barton and Aaron Cunningham, who recently came off the DL in real life and in my game.

MVP still rules, by the way. Everything has been perfect gameplay-wise.

Speaking of Daric Barton (.285/4/15), he hasn't seen action at the Big League level this year, but I'm keeping a close eye on him in the event that Giambi (.261/4/11) falters. With the numbers being as close as they are, I'm more than likely going to call him up and see how he fares through 10-20 games anyway.  Although it's against AAA pitching, not only is his .358 OBP much better than Giambi's (.274), he's obviously much quicker when he does get on base.

With a mediocre AL West, I'm going to see if I can shake things down at the AAA level and see what floats to the top, hopefully without losing any ground in the division.  And yeah, I almost forgot how good this game can be.

I've been playing a 1978 Yankees dynasty with TC1978 for the past 16 months. Slow and steady wins the race, right? :rolleyes:

I'm playing every game and am about 96 games into it. Sometimes I end up going weeks or months in between playing games. Of course, developing and releasing classic single season mods and maintaining Total Classics with AlexTony does take time away from playing dynasty games, so I have a legitimate excuse for taking so long on this. I'm still enjoying it, so that's all that matters and I will eventually finish it.

Once I'm done with the 1978 dynasty, I want to play 1951 and 1956 dynasties. At my current rate, it will probably be 2013 or later before I get done with those! :o

I'm using Pittsburgh and I'm 9-7. Using updated database, 08's cyberfaces and stadiums and having a blast! 1st time giving a full season a crack and it's been great! These starters can be frustrating but Gorzelanny threw a 7.2 inning game recently. I have a quick question, can anyone explain or put the players "mood" faces in order of best to worst? I know the green face is top. Only Adam LaRoche and Freddy Sanchez have, but their getting busy!

I've been playing a 1978 Yankees dynasty with TC1978 for the past 16 months. Slow and steady wins the race, right? :rolleyes:

I'm playing every game and am about 96 games into it. Sometimes I end up going weeks or months in between playing games. Of course, developing and releasing classic single season mods and maintaining Total Classics with AlexTony does take time away from playing dynasty games, so I have a legitimate excuse for taking so long on this. I'm still enjoying it, so that's all that matters and I will eventually finish it.

Once I'm done with the 1978 dynasty, I want to play 1951 and 1956 dynasties. At my current rate, it will probably be 2013 or later before I get done with those! :o

Nothing wrong with taking your time, Jim, besides, we wouldn't want you TC guys to slack on those great mods of yours.   :D  I had started a 78 Yankee dynasty a couple of months before 2K released their game, and unfortunately got side tracked in the process.  Great to be back to it now, though.

BTW, keep us posted Jim, that's a fantastic mod and an era that had a lot of impact on me as a 12 year old.  Munson, Jackson, Piniella, Martin, etc. will always be part of the foundation of why I love the game of baseball.

I started a pirates franchise about a week ago. I started out 2-7 lol, Got frustrated and simmed the first season to see if I could pick up some talent through free agency and the draft. I haven't started the offseason yet so we'll see what happens.

im in the middle of a royals dynasty, all-star difficulty, custom sliders, 08 mod. im 38-36, 10.5 games out of first place in the central.

Kansas City just stole a 2 game set (6-5, 2-1) from me in Oakland.  Just like the West in my dynasty, the AL Central is pretty weak so far too.  At 15-20, the Royals are in last place and only 4 games behind the division leading Twins.

I've currently lost 3 in a row, and get to face Justin Verlander (3-1, 1.28) and his 98+mph fastball tomorrow night.  

Yay.  B)

I'm starting an Angels dynasty for MVP over at Dynasty Manager: http://www.dynastymanager.com/teampage.php...;u=SeanRobinson

I'm still uncertain how to deal with the Adenhart situation...I'm probably going to have him pitch a game or two and then either do something ultra cheesy--think Field of Dreams, in a way--or just pretend he retired and never mention him again. Thoughts?

I'm starting an Angels dynasty for MVP over at Dynasty Manager: http://www.dynastymanager.com/teampage.php...;u=SeanRobinson

I'm still uncertain how to deal with the Adenhart situation...I'm probably going to have him pitch a game or two and then either do something ultra cheesy--think Field of Dreams, in a way--or just pretend he retired and never mention him again. Thoughts?

It really depends how you are playing your dynasty.  Are you playing with accurate rosters, schedule, etc.?  If so, I would just start him on April 8th (vs Oakland) and pitch the game with him as normal as you would in any other start.  Instead of creating a fantasy storyline about his loss, just dedicate the game in his honor and move on.

Of course you can do what you want, but that would be my own personal way of doing it.

I can say, as a Cardinals fan, that playing a franchise with players that are deceased (DK on 2k7, Josh Hancock in 2k8), just kills the realism.

I would follow JR's advice and have him pitch his start, and then make a news update that he has been killed as a result of a DUI accident, and dedicate the rest of the season to his memory.

I'm not sure on MVP if you can delete plaers. BUt, I would just delete him. Releasing him to FA s just going to get him signed by another team, and moving him to the minors is going to seem goofy.

I'm still plugging away at my Red Sox dynasty.

I am currently 16-13 and 1.5 games on top of the AL East. Lost in the World Series to the Atlanta Braves in my first season and over the Off-Season i signed several players such as Huston Street and Mark Teixeira.

So far this season my hitting has been very streaky and the pitching has been overall even worse.

My Red Sox Dynasty

I've been doing 08 mod, 08 season, 09 rosters now with the Orioles for a little bit.

Do you mean you're using the '08 schedule?  Just curious, how many games are you into your season, and how are those Orioles doing in the standings?

In my dynasty, they're 16-20, 9.5 games out in the East, but Tampa Bay is tearing up the league at 26-10.  As a matter of fact, the Rays handed me two of the worst losses I've had all year, 12-0 and 8-3. 

Oriole's dynasties are pretty rare, keep us informed in you can.   ^_^

I would follow JR's advice and have him pitch his start, and then make a news update that he has been killed as a result of a DUI accident, and dedicate the rest of the season to his memory.

I'm not sure on MVP if you can delete plaers. BUt, I would just delete him. Releasing him to FA s just going to get him signed by another team, and moving him to the minors is going to seem goofy.

That sounds about right. I'd wanted to do a whole season with him, but that's just weird after a while--I'm going for realism, too, but am trying not to feel callous with an "oh he's dead" kind of thing. Yet that's probably the best way to go about it, in any event--it's in a way just like pulling the band-aid off as quick as you can; there's a sting and then it's done. I don't know.

I don't know how to delete players, but I'm going to follow another friend's suggestion and edit him to have his attributes down to zero all around and then release him from the organization. I can't just have him get injured or suspended since that would leave with the same problem moving forward into the next season...

Thanks JR and CircleChange for the advice!

That sounds about right. I'd wanted to do a whole season with him, but that's just weird after a while--I'm going for realism, too, but am trying not to feel callous with an "oh he's dead" kind of thing. Yet that's probably the best way to go about it, in any event--it's in a way just like pulling the band-aid off as quick as you can; there's a sting and then it's done. I don't know.

I don't know how to delete players, but I'm going to follow another friend's suggestion and edit him to have his attributes down to zero all around and then release him from the organization. I can't just have him get injured or suspended since that would leave with the same problem moving forward into the next season...

Thanks JR and CircleChange for the advice!

If you think about it, post his stats here after his start.  Should be interesting.

I would give Alvarez another dozen or so games before moving him up to AA.

I think i need to pay more attention to my farm system. All i know about mine is that i have very little depth because of injuries and that my pitching all round has been horrible.

Archived