Who's Playing A Dynasty On Mvp?

JoeRudi26

Well I made a trade for my current minor leagues and my future MLB team. Knowing Andy LaRoche isn't the future at 3rd and Ramon Vasquez has been holding down the fork at 3rd, I decided to move 3B Andy LaRoche off the bench to another squad.

I received two top 100 prospect starting pitchers and a solid veteran catcher who will be starting at AAA in Sal Fasano.

My minor league pitching has been kinda struggling, so Chacin will start at AAA and Friedrich (was on trading block) will pitch in AA.

Pedro Alvarez is even hotter 2 games after the last screenshot. He really influenced the trade. Here's his stats and LaRoche's while in Pittsburgh's bench.

Looks like some pretty good moves.  Like I said, keep us updated on Alvarez, I'm curious to see how he progresses through the season.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm playing with the Phillies and 31 games in the season I'm 16-15 sitting in the 2nd sport in the NL half a game behind the Mets.

Pretty good so far. Utley and Ibanez are hot (.374 avg) while Victiorino is hitting .154 right now. I hope he improves.

BTW: @ JoeRudi26: Where did you get that "Baseball Prospect" logo from?

Victiorino is hitting .154 right now. I hope he improves.

BTW: @ JoeRudi26: Where did you get that "Baseball Prospect" logo from?

My CF Nate McClouth is struggling too, batting like .233 in 21 games at leadoff. I guess you mean me, I got that BP logo in the "Misc." download section. Just search "Baseball Prospectus".

I will defenantly keep posting on Pedro. He makes me happy after games when my pitchers get blasted.

He went 1-4 in his next game, giving him a .368 avg. April is almost done, so his time is A ball is almost up!

My CF Nate McClouth is struggling too, batting like .233 in 21 games at leadoff. I guess you mean me, I got that BP logo in the "Misc." download section. Just search "Baseball Prospectus".

I will defenantly keep posting on Pedro. He makes me happy after games when my pitchers get blasted.

He went 1-4 in his next game, giving him a .368 avg. April is almost done, so his time is A ball is almost up!

Yes just saw it that it was you with the screenshot. Thank you for the quick response

Man Jay, what a Division race you got there. To be on a 6-game skid and still in 1st. :o

Looks like the NL West. :lol:

Hope you can string together some wins here shortly.

I'm getting pounded by everybody, even Detroit.  I may have to take this game back and get it fixed.   ^_^

I'm getting pounded by everybody, even Detroit.  I may have to take this game back and get it fixed.   ^_^

PATCH!!! PATCH!!! :D

*In my dynasty, I've taken Seattle for granted. Let's just say they are much better than their record indicates. And I can NOT keep Ichiro off the bases. -_-

Lol..man JR, weak division! Looks like you aren't getting much runs, but great pitching! Mine's is the COMPLETE opposite. Pit's pitching sucks.

I hear you.  To be honest, my pitching is pretty weak too.  I've got the red hot Tampa Bay Rays coming up, so it's bound to get uglier before it gets better.

BTW, feel free (any of you guys) to post your standings, stats, and so on.  It's always fun to compare seasons/dynasties.

I will be starting a dynasty with my Cincinnati Reds on MVP2004 pc sometime this week. I am eagerly waiting for pirates2004' 2009 season to be released this week. I am currently using the Reds, Orioles, and Indians in a 52-game season on MLB2k9 pc. It has been fun overall, but I still like the feel of MVP 2004 pc better. There are some things that seem to flow much better on MVP than MLB that keeps me playing this game 4-5 years later.

Here's my standings entering 4/27. Pitching is pathetic.

mvp20052009051722225521.th.jpg

My new top pitching prospects recently made their debuts, Friedrich in AA, and Chacin kinda struggled in AAA.

mvp20052009051714594677.th.jpg

mvp20052009051722160036.th.jpg

Alvarez is still hot, will give final A ball stats at the end of April.

JR, a 6 game losing streak isn't that bad :) In my first season just before the All Star break i had a period where i went 6-23 and losing i think 9 in a row.

That's what i love about baseball. I had the worst record over those 29 games and i still made the play-offs and then the World Series. In any other sport, you would have no chance of success.

In my first season just before the All Star break i had a period where i went 6-23 and losing i think 9 in a row.

Not sure if I've ever lost 9 in a row, but I've come close with 7.  With the league's best record at 27-12, this three game series with Tampa Bay doesn't look too much brighter.  They're tough to beat this year.

Not sure if I've ever lost 9 in a row, but I've come close with 7.  With the league's best record at 27-12, this three game series with Tampa Bay doesn't look too much brighter.  They're tough to beat this year.

They are controlling me as well. The difference is that they are last in my Division!

Here's a breakdown of my Farm System. It is as of May 4th.

Pawtucket Red Sox (AAA) 16-15 - 2nd Place

Batting Stars

Brandon Moss - .346/2/16

Zach Daeges - .316/2/14

Pitching Stars

Mike Picota - 4-3 3.73 ERA 43 Ks - First round draft pick 2008

Kris Johnson - 3-0 2.38 ERA 23 Ks

Portland Sea Dogs (AA) 14-14 - 4th Place

Batting Stars

Lars Anderson - .307/2/19

Mark Wagner - .343/2/26

Pitching Stars

Nick Hagadone 1-1 4.63 ERA 19 Ks

Dante Ordonez 1-1 3.00 ERA 11 Ks - 6th round draft pick 2008

Lancaster Jet Hawks (A) 14-16 - 3rd Place

Batting Stars

Jason Place .313/2/9

Octavio Hansen .362/3/12 - 9th round draft pick 2008

Pitching Stars

Daniel Bard 0-0 8 Saves 2.77 ERA 11 Ks

Travis Beazley 2-0 3.14 ERA 19 Ks

wow..Tampa is killing it against all you guys. In my dynasty, Tampa is in dead last place. Im playing as the Yankees and am in second place with a 21-18 record

Here's how the East stacks up in my dynasty.  Tampa bay still in command even after losing 5 of their last 8.  Lots of time left obviously, this division will probably look completely different around the All-Star Break.

Archived