Who's Playing A Dynasty On Mvp?

JoeRudi26

Pittsburgh is loaded in the OF. Craig Monroe, Nate McLouth, Nyjer Morgan, Brandon Moss, Andrew McCutchen, Jose Tabata and a few more people whos names escape me now. If i were you milk and you wanted to make a move Tabata wouldnt be a big loss and you could probably pick up a nice pitching prospect. Maybe try Brett Cecil from the Toronto Blue Jays. The lefty is the Jays top pitching prospect.

Tell me 'bout it. Craig just hit a grandslam in a 10-0 blowout vs. STL. McLouth hit a 3-run homer, and Eric Hinske has to be the hottest hitter in the NL. Craig robbed Nyjer's job around two weeks into the season and Hinske just flew by Moss at one point as each of the were getting equal playing time. Hinske was batting .237/0/1 when the team was 9-7. I just got mail about Moss complaining about playing time.

mvp20052009052313421498.jpg

mvp20052009052313422838.jpg

mvp20052009052313430094.jpg

McLouth has been struggling a bit, hope he gets hot and steals some bases. Don't forget about Delwyn Young. He's 2-4 in pinch hitting.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell me 'bout it. Craig just hit a grandslam in a 10-0 blowout vs. STL. McLouth hit a 3-run homer, and Eric Hinske has to be the hottest hitter in the NL. Craig robbed Nyjer's job around two weeks into the season and Hinske just flew by Moss at one point as each of the were getting equal playing time. Hinske was batting .237/0/1 when the team was 9-7. I just got mail about Moss complaining about playing time.

McLouth has been struggling a bit, hope he gets hot and steals some bases. Don't forget about Delwyn Young. He's 2-4 in pinch hitting.

I'll take Craig Monroe any day of the week, he was the driving force to me winning the World Series in 2007.  

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/jaz3...nt=monroe-3.flv

In my dynasty Beyond The Ivy, I was adamant about the fact that I always kept rosters accurate, no matter what.  In times of turmoil througout the season, injuries, poor player production, whatever, there were a lot of people suggesting that I make some kind of roster moves like picking a player up off waivers, trading a player, whatever it was, just going out of the scope of real life MLB transactions, but I held my ground, I knew there was a lot of time left in the season and a lot of things could happen.

I was 6 games behind Houston when I aquired Craig Monroe in late August of that year, and he immediately impacted the team.  By mid September, I had taken control of the NL Central with Craig Monroe leading the way, not to mention he was practically responsible for lifting the Cubs to the title.

I'd take him any day.   B)

That was a blast by my boy!! I hear you though JR. My team needs desperate help with pitching, but I'm hanging in there trying to call guys up. It just feels real knowing that I'm playing with the real Pirates.

Nyjer Morgan was struggling one game and I put Craig in the lineup for a change, he hit 2 HR's. He's very reliable!

And for The Doctor, I will one game but not after that blast. I got some screens on how far it went into the Allegheny River! Nate struggles vs. LHP, and Young excels there. So he will definately get his chance.

It just feels real knowing that I'm playing with the real Pirates.

And instead of finding an easy, quick fix, you have to deal with what you have.  For me, this is the real challenge, and what makes playing with accurate rosters more intriguing.

Nothing against the guys that don't play this way, it's just my own preference, and how I enjoy the season through the long run.

I just had a perfect game snapped by Francoeur in the fifth on a come backer that hit Pauley in the leg.

I hate when that happens.   B)  I've thrown a 2 hitter before, but that's about as close as I've come.

On the other hand, I've broken up a few of my own.

And instead of finding an easy, quick fix, you have to deal with what you have.  For me, this is the real challenge, and what makes playing with accurate rosters more intriguing.

Nothing against the guys that don't play this way, it's just my own preference, and how I enjoy the season through the long run.

Yea, all my trades so far has been for my Minors and Majors maybe in the future.

My shut out was ruined by Francoeur as well. He just hit a bomb with 2 outs in the 9th.

Maybe in the next game, whoever's pitching needs to find an "answer" for Francour.  

not that I condone that sort of thing..  ;)

Jay, that's "Old-Skool" ball man. Today's game is a kinder, gentler affair. -_-

I don't remember much about seeing Bob Gibson pitch, I was only 8 or 9 when he retired, but my dad used to tell me if someone hit a homerun off of him, the next guy up was getting popped.

Think about how that could affect the opposing team's clubhouse chemistry.   :D

Allright so remind me never to let my 11 year old brother touch my laptop <_<

Long story short, My season was simmed. Now im not quite sure what to do. I definately want to start another dynasty i just don't know what team to be. I don't want to be the Cubs again or any of the better teams(Red Sox, Mets, etc..). So if you guys could help me outthat would be great.

I don't remember much about seeing Bob Gibson pitch, I was only 8 or 9 when he retired, but my dad used to tell me if someone hit a homerun off of him, the next guy up was getting popped.

Think about how that could affect the opposing team's clubhouse chemistry.   :D

Yeah, whenever I think of old-school pitchers who didn't take no crap, Gibson always comes to mind.

I miss when teams really hated each other. :D

Long story short, My season was simmed. Now im not quite sure what to do. I definately want to start another dynasty i just don't know what team to be. I don't want to be the Cubs again or any of the better teams(Red Sox, Mets, etc..). So if you guys could help me outthat would be great.

I once had a season (Sega Genesis) wiped out at the All-Star Break by a 10 year old nephew.  81 games played manually, along with the real season and right around the first week of July.

Like a madman, I played 7 or 8 games a day (sometimes more) to catch up.  

I did.  

He did it again.

Needless to say, from that point on he wasn't allowed within a 50' radius of anything that looked like a game console.   -_-

I'd like to see a Cleveland dynasty.  Almost chose them myself.  Young team, great ballpark.  Seems like a good challenge.

Oh man, keep all little grubby fingers away from the PC/Gaming Console when I'm playing. How many times did that happen to me on Sega Genesis, Coleco Vision, etc.. :)

Freaking rug rats.  Now I have three of my own, and the funny part is seeing how pissed each one gets when another one erases a certain game file on one of their games.

LOL, I'm lovin it.   B)

Man, JR.. got some good races in the AL. NL West also.

Looks like whoever wins your Division might be the Wild Card. Still a lot of ball left to play though.

I see the Cardinals are in the basement in your dynasty too, just like mine. :yahoo:

Well inspired by JR i chose the Athletics, i just got throught the first inning and i have to say... IM IN LOVE WITH THEM ^_^. Anyways Im already up 3-0 after Matt Holliday drove a two run shot into the Angels bullpen then Orlando Cabrera hit a single to bring Jack Cust in.

Have you posted the entire standings lately, M?  Am I just missing it somehow?

BTW, the graphics are great!  Did you do this yourself?  Is it a part of DM?

zk3ii8.jpg

Want me to stop asking questions now?  lol

Hey Jay. That above table is a "Maestro" Original. :hi:

The complete league standings is under the Standings link on the DM page.

evcgah.jpg

I just about died.

So after my rant about how well i started Ducherer(or whatever) decided to load the bases in both the 2nd and 3rd inning making the score 4-3 Angels. I manage to comeback and make it 5-4 in the 4th and 6-4 in the 5th but Justin is at it again and loads the bases again(yes this is the third inning he did it). They pick up two runs and I pull him and hand the ball over to Dallas Braden who pitches flawlessely and in the seventh i manage to put a run up. Im winning 7-6 but me being the idiot i am instead of going for the double play I don't and Figgins is on second. Abreu comes up and singles, those ere the only two hits Braden gave up and one never should of happened. So its top 9 and Holladay flies out, Giambi grounds out, Cust singles and then Chavy does his magic and homers(im jumping up and down in joy). Ziegler comes in and sets them down in order for the save.

BTW Matt Holladay was 4-5 and only needed a double for the cycle.

Archived