Who's Playing A Dynasty On Mvp?

JoeRudi26

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy cow it works!   :huh::huh:

I used the Schedule Updater, chose to adjust players birthdays to the present, simmed a few games ahead, saved it (test_franchise) and then ran the SavReader.  Amazing.  Thanks for you help, rick.   B)

I used the Schedule Updater, chose to adjust players birthdays to the present, simmed a few games ahead, saved it (test_franchise) and then ran the SavReader.  Amazing.  Thanks for you help, rick.   B)

I was just about to tell you that i had simmed a few games forward and that it works perfectly. :p

Happy it works for you JR :D

That happens when I try to load MVPSavReader...

errordld.jpg

I've downloaded version 2.1.0 erlier today, but still the same result

Patrick , try to change in your control panels your language setting to American English and your Location change also to United States, than try to run MvpSaveReader and load your dynasty.sav

I had a same problem and when i change this two things , Savereader works for me , im also from Europe, Czech Republic

Obviously the program was compiling everyone who's been on the team (for some reason or another) since 2005.  Logically, when you fix the schedule, the program isolates the players (and their stats) to this one year, which is now 2009.

I don't know why, but I kept overlooking the Schedule Updater for some reason.  Looks like that was the fix.

Patrick , try to change in your control panels your language setting to American English and your Location change also to United States, than try to run MvpSaveReader and load your dynasty.sav

I had a same problem and when i change this two things , Savereader works for me , im also from Europe, Czech Republic

I saw a post where xiberger, who's from Austria, was talking about this too.  Seems he got it fixed the same way.

Thanks for posting that rick.  Looks like a rough year for Oakland all the way around.  Miraculously, I'm 24-22 and in 1st place by a half game.  Any other division and I'd be about 6 games out of 1st.   :huh:

I really thought that "my" A's would do better because they picked up a couple of F.A's. Luke Scott has been really good for them but it is then ruined by Chavez batting under .200. It is the same with the pitching. Zach Duke has a 4.33 ERA and has been solid whereas some others have been terrible.

Here it is

mvp20052009052521255893.jpg

I have yet to face the Cubs, until next week. (MVP week) It could push me up a lot or back a lot.

A little of topic, but Milk, how did yo get you're backup of PNC Park in the dynasty game (on these screens)

There crisp and "new" looking; it really lives up the game. I'd like to do this with mine (using the Cards theme)

Thanks, A

A little of topic, but Milk, how did yo get you're backup of PNC Park in the dynasty game (on these screens)

There crisp and "new" looking; it really lives up the game. I'd like to do this with mine (using the Cards theme)

Thanks, A

It is just a guess but when you install the 08 mod. It allows you to choose a team as a theme for all the background pics and CTS screen. He may have chose the Pirates.

That is assuming that he is using the 08 mod.

rick, when I try to calculate Team Totals, it only calculates my division in the 'Batting Totals'.  

Here:

Same thing with the National League, it only calculates a couple of teams.  Pitching and Fielding are fine.

Have you experienced this too?

*Edit -Actually, it was part of my division and the Chicago White Sox, lol*

rick, when I try to calculate Team Totals, it only calculates my division in the 'Batting Totals'.  

2dc7olj.jpg

Here:

2ceopat.jpg

Same thing with the National League, it only calculates a couple of teams.  Pitching and Fielding are fine.

dr5t02.jpg

Have you experienced this too?

Try simming a couple of games forward again and see if that solves it.

I noticed it is on the same date as when you sent me the file. That may be the issue just like with the A's stats.

It is just a guess but when you install the 08 mod. It allows you to choose a team as a theme for all the background pics and CTS screen. He may have chose the Pirates.

That is assuming that he is using the 08 mod.

oh yeah, I forgot about the team theme in '08. I didnt d/l '08.

thanks rick

Try simming a couple of games forward again and see if that solves it.

I noticed it is on the same date as when you sent me the file. That may be the issue just like with the A's stats.

That worked!  Thanks again, rick.  I appreciate the help, this is an awesome program, looks like I'll finally be able to use it again.

That worked!  Thanks again, rick.  I appreciate the help, this is an awesome program, looks like I'll finally be able to use it again.

I think the reason why it wasn't working was because at first you had rosters with stats for up to 2007 and had the year set at 2005 which slightly confused the program and because you changed the year and didn't progress a day, the program didn't have all the data available to read.

I think the reason why it wasn't working was because at first you had rosters with stats for up to 2007 and had the year set at 2005 which slightly confused the program and because you changed the year and didn't progress a day, the program didn't have all the data available to read.

I'm sure you're right, I work at home, and in between maximizing and minimizing work/mvp windows, it got caught in the whirlwind of cluster**ck.  Trust me, that's a word here in Indiana.   :D

Either way, I wouldn't have gotten it figured out without your help, I appreciate it man.  Now, I'm going to try to get logos, pics, and all the proper colors back on track.

49 mintues until beer 0' clock.  This should get interesting. 

I'm sure you're right, I work at home, and in between maximizing and minimizing work/mvp windows, it got caught in the whirlwind of cluster**ck.  Trust me, that's a word here in Indiana.   :D

Either way, I wouldn't have gotten it figured out without your help, I appreciate it man.  Now, I'm going to try to get logos, pics, and all the proper colors back on track.

49 mintues until beer 0' clock.  This should get interesting. 

I'm sure it is a word :fool::)

I didn't really do too much to help. You figured most, if not all of it out yourself.

It is the Champions League Final (Soccer) so i my beer time started 70 mins ago :D

:drinks:

Thanks, A

I'm not playing on the '08 mod. Whichever ballpark I play in, I get a pic of it and use it for the background.

You are a genious! Thank you so much ;)

I'm taking my "Detroit v. St.Louis" idea to MVP08. I need a break from 2k9. I'm at my saturation point with it.

I played my first game tonight, and am just amazed with the gameplay. One really doesn;t realize how good it is until you come back to it.

Not to mention all of the franchise features that actually work.

I'll present with baseball cards, photoshop updates, MVPSAV output stats, box score extractor, etc. Of course, I'll have some custom unis/logos ... I just can;t help myself. I'll also be taking all of the best unis (Spungo, Red Sox, HighHeat32, and some of my own) and putting them all in the game.

I've already used the Schedule updater, team changer, etc.

The difference in pitch counts and quality defense jumps right out of the screen, it's refreshing.

I'll start my thread tomorrow. It's been nice reading about your guys' franchises, and hopefully I can add some more quality to the already great franchises going.

Following Matt Wieters long anticipated debut last night, i thought i would show how he has done in his career and where he is currently in my Dynasty.

94454867.jpg

He made it through the farm system last year despite not doing particularly well at any level. He is currently on the bench at AAA.

A note about my Dynasty is that i lost Justin Masterson to a fractured arm. I called up Charlie Zink as a replacement and shuffled the whole farm system to accommodate the move for Zink.

Good idea, rick, that made me want to check and see how he's doing in my dynasty as well.  It looks like he's split about half the games with Gregg Zaun (.268/2/5), with Chad Moeller (.381/2/3) playing in handful (7) of  games.

Good idea, rick, that made me want to check and see how he's doing in my dynasty as well.  It looks like he's split about half the games with Gregg Zaun (.268/2/5), with Chad Moeller (.381/2/3) playing in handful (7) of  games.

2d0ct3c.jpg

Matt Wieters is doing a lot better in your dynasty. He has one home run in mine and that came last year in AA.

Archived