Who's Playing A Dynasty On Mvp?

JoeRudi26

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey JR can you give me some tips on pitching with Zambrano, This may be a silly question but it seems no matter what i try they always find a way to get to me and I really need him playing top notch right now.

I'd probably give the same advice for pitching in general.  Mix up your pitches, speed, and location at all times, trying to keep the hitter off balance.  If I remember right, Z had a great slider and a pretty nasty fastball.  Use either of these pitches as 'go to' pitches when you need one, or use them with 2 strikes as the knockout punch.

BTW, what are his numbers in your dynasty?

Since the MVPMods "The Show" Online League folded, I've gotten back to playing my "Top 100 Prospects Dynasty, featuring the St. Louis Cardinals" 2005 Dynasty.

As you may or may not know, I use the St. Louis Cardinals as my organization, but I created about 80 or so top prospects from people from this site, and put'em on certain orgainzations' A-ball teams (5 per teams)

I had to restart once due to error, but I'm about to hit May 2005. I use "TeamChanger" to change to terms to play as these prospects once a week.

Lets say some us of us are doing better than others.

As fot the Cardinals, I'm like 18-7 (just swept the Cubbies recently...yay)

See here for the dynastymanager that lists all prosecpts. I just need to do a full update sometime once May hits

Has anyone in here discussed the impact free agency has on dynasties years into the future? I'm wondering if there have been any big free agent signings or maybe some interesting trades made by the computer.

In my dynasty. I have been through one off season and Francoeur rejected the Yankees for the Orioles and the Rangers have stacked their outfield from free agency. The Pirates also picked up some big names.

The big free agency signings are on this page of my dynasty.

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=35047&st=800

Saw the same thread pertaining to MLB2K9, just thought I'd ask if anyone is playing their season on MVP, who with, and how are they doing so far.  I, among a lot of other people, gave 2K9 a shot when it came out but had to resort back to MVP for baseball this year for obvious reasons.  After a few slider/datefile changes, I'm probably having the most fun I've had on MVP with this year's dynasty.

I'm playing with Oakland ('08 Mod, KG's Updated Rosters, 2009 Schedule, etc.) and have finally caught up to the real life schedule, and will be updating daily with real life transactions (aquired via trade Adam Kennedy May 8th/Tampa Bay Joe Dillon).

I'm currently 18-16, leading a mediocre AL West by 1.5 games.  Tampa Bay (26-10) seems to be the best team in the league this year with a 22-14 LA Dodger tearing it up as well.

Anyway, it seems to be quiet on the MVP front, just wondered how many and who's doing what in MVP this year.

I would but I haven't played MVP baseball for well over a year (impatiently) waiting for the current version of Ultimate Rosters. :lazy::help::wacko: :unknw:

JR, your presentation looks really good. Slightly different to the type of presentations you used to create but extremely well created, easy to read and contains a lot of information.

:good:

Thanks rick, as always when I do finally get going, things are bound to evolve and change.  But to be honest, I don't feel there's much left to be done graphically to MVP as far as a presentation is concerned.  A pic or two here or there to highlight the main story, but that would probably be about it.  If 2K9 or The Show were actually worth playing through an entire season, I can promise you I'd take it to the limit.

However, I personally believe MVP is still the best baseball game out there for hardcore gamers.  It has always had it's flaws, (no 40 man rosters, so on), but the game plays SO well and there are enough tools out there to keep things accurate enough to play 162 games.  If I really wanted to, I could play the game on MVP, and take the snap shots from 2K9, at least I would be getting something for my 20 dollars.   ;)

But in all seriousness, I may continue with this style of presentation, and add a few more graphics as I progress.  One baseball season is never the same as the next, so it can always be interesting and anything can happen.  I mean, you should see this Cincinnati Reds team in my dynasty, they're wiping up the NL and will probably do the same this week in Interleague Play.

That said, I really like the angle of seeing the boxscores, season matchups, player news, injuries, and a small write up, maybe even try to throw in a storyline along the way.  If people want to follow, that's great.  If it's not their cup of tea, that's fine too.  Either way, I'm having fun.   B)

All about having fun Jay. :yahoo:

*Got off early today, already about 5 adult beverages into the weekend & working on my Dynasty Update. =@

Awesome!  Beer AND a dynasty update??  Man, it's all good in southern Illinois, eh?

Looking forward to it, M!   B)

Everything is finally clicking B)

Im now 18-7 but ive lost Ted Lilly AGAIN <_<

Ive aquired the man whos fingertips touch past his knees, Radahmes(probably wrong spelling) Liz.

Starters-

Big z(3-1 5 starts)

Angel Guzman( 3-0 4 starts)(filling in for Harden)

Liz(no starts)(filling in for Lilly)

Dempster(1-0 5 starts, haha he started of the season with four no decisions)

Jeff. S(2-2 5 starts)

@ MILK - Looks like AA has cooled Perez just a bit.  Keep us posted on his progress.

Not so fast after all!

mvp20052009052218552697.jpg

w%38%300.png

If he keeps this up, should I call him up to AAA on June 1st? He's hot.

As for my MLB team, I'm 14-16, it's been rough. I'm entering my rubber game vs. the Mets @ Citi Field, and I have to go up against Johan.

mvp20052009052218560496.jpg

w%38%300.png

Hmm i always thought Tabata was a bit over rated.

Lol. I'm really thinking about making a big prospect for prospect trade, man. I have a CF in Andrew McCutchen, 22 in AAA. He's doing ok and hits better vs. LHP than Nate McLouth. Tabata is hitting around .220. It's frustatraing knowing that I have outfielders that are tearing it up in A ball.

MILK - 

Looks like Perez could be in the Big Leagues around (or after) the All-Star Break.  Sure you aren't playing "The Road To The Show?"   ;)

Lol. He's playing "The Road To The Show." It's Pedro, JR! :unknw: Perez Alvarez sounds to smooth lol. But if he does keep this up, who knows. Ramon Vazquez has been faltering a bit, now hitting around .220 in the bigs.

Lol. He's playing "The Road To The Show." It's Pedro, JR! :unknw: Perez Alvarez sounds to smooth lol. But if he does keep this up, who knows. Ramon Vazquez has been faltering a bit, now hitting around .220 in the bigs.

aha, my bad.  Pedro for president, eh?  

Bet I won't forget his name once he starts tearing it up in the bigs.   ;)

aha, my bad.  Pedro for president, eh?  

2qta9s0.jpg

Bet I won't forget his name once he starts tearing it up in the bigs.   ;)

Lmao. Man I just had my best pitching performance all year with Ian Snell! He only pitched 5 innings with 77 pitches. This was my 1st time having more K's than hits.

mvp20052009052222595407.jpg

Anytime you beat Johan Santana, it's a plus.  Good job.  I just played a fantastic game against the almighty Rays.  At 19-21, I desperately needed a win, and this one was as nail biting as it gets.  Back and forth, I just hung on.

I still can't believe how solid MVP is.

Pittsburgh is loaded in the OF. Craig Monroe, Nate McLouth, Nyjer Morgan, Brandon Moss, Andrew McCutchen, Jose Tabata and a few more people whos names escape me now. If i were you milk and you wanted to make a move Tabata wouldnt be a big loss and you could probably pick up a nice pitching prospect. Maybe try Brett Cecil from the Toronto Blue Jays. The lefty is the Jays top pitching prospect.

Archived