MR-Brad Ziegler

MR-Andrew Bailey

SU-Joey Devine

CL-Santiago Casilla

DL-Jack Cust(15 Day)

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a box score from one of the games that I had played this morning. Definitely one of the best games I had played in a while. It ended up being a back and forth game throughout with me as the unfortunate loser. Every time I scored a run, the Angels came right back. I was up 2-0 in the 2nd, when Juan Rivera belted a 2-run blast to tie the game. I scored another one in the 3rd to take a 3-2 lead, and Bobby Abreu had a 2-run blast. It stayed 3-4 until the 6th, when Papi homered to give me a 5-4 lead. And what happens, the Angels came right back with Howie Kendrick hitting a 2-run blast and would hold on to that lead to win the game.

This is a Red Sox dynasty that I had started sometime back, but hadn't played a game for sometime until today. Here's my results thus far:

G1 - TB @ BOS - W (0-1)

G2 - TB @ BOS - W (5-6)

G3 - TB @ BOS - L (4-3)

G4 - BOS @ LAA - W (8-3)

G5 - BOS @ LAA - L (2-6)

G6 - BOS @ LAA - L (5-6)

redsoxangels.png

It stayed 3-4 until the 6th, when Papi homered to give me a 5-4 lead. And what happens, the Angels came right back with Howie Kendrick hitting a 2-run blast and would hold on to that lead to win the game.

And the best part about this scenario is, it goes both ways.  The game responds to how you play it, not a coded CPU rally.  Very solid.  Looks like a great game, thanks for sharing, V.

Wait..did you say Papi homered??   ;)  

*Edit* - I played a see-saw game like that the other night redsox.  I went up in the 3rd, they answered and took the lead in the 4th.  I tied it in the 5th, they answered and took the lead in the 6th.  I immediately scored 2 runs in the 7th and managed to hang on.

Hey Jr, who are some players that are workin gout for you and players that are shaky? For me Curtis Thigpen has won the starting catcher job and can spray the ball all over the field. Ziegler was really rough in 5 appearences and lost the closer job he makes me feel sick. Casilla the new closer has 1 hit against him in 9 innings of work.

Hey Jr, who are some players that are workin gout for you and players that are shaky? For me Curtis Thigpen has won the starting catcher job and can spray the ball all over the field. Ziegler was really rough in 5 appearences and lost the closer job he makes me feel sick. Casilla the new closer has 1 hit against him in 9 innings of work.

As far as pitching, Trevor Cahill has been the biggest surprise for me so far.  In 9 appearances, he's 5-2 with an era of 1.80.  My next best starter is Brett Anderson at 3-3.  Keep in mind, Duchscherer went down early and overall I'm only 23-21, so there's not been an abundance of winning.  The last part of April and so far May has been somewhat of a struggle.  The rest of the pitching staff is pretty weak, which will probably tell the story of where I end up in the division in the long run.

Eric Chavez (.290/4/25), Nomar Garciaparra (.344/3/10) and Travis Buck (.308/2/7) are probably the most solid.  Matt Holiday (.262/4/16) is just now starting to pick things up.

Rajai Davis and Kurt Suzuki are having a tough year so far, barely hitting around .200, and can hardly get on base.

All in all, it's a relatively weak team, but even more important in a weak division.  By the looks of it, the west will probably be up for grabs the entire season.

Have you brought Curtis Thigpen up to the bigs yet JR?

No, I actually haven't seriously considered shaking things up until the end of May.  I like to give the guys on the immediate roster enough time to see how they're going to produce.

About another week, and I'll start looking at the minors.

He's doing great for me, he's leading the team in BA. My pitching seems ok for now except Anderson who looked a little shaky but its still early. Cahill is going to make his MLB debut some time this year for me when someone is having a tough time or an injury. Sean Gallagher is an animal for me but im finding he can't go deeper then 7 innings. Wanna post up your line up when you have time?

I have just finished my series Vs the Blue Jays and got swept. It isn't looking good for me in the near future as my hitters are just not making contact and getting on base.

At the end of the game i had an Email saying that i need to pick up my performance. I may being under pressure from the Front Office now.

It is bad news but it will add another story into my Dynasty as i have said that if i do bad enough that i can get fired and that would mean i would have to move team and potentially go to a poor team.

DH-Jason Giambi

C-Curtis Thigpen

1B-Nomar Garciaparra

2B-Mark Ellis

3B-Eric Chavez

SS-Orlando Cabrera

LF-Matt Holliday

CF-Mark Sweeney

RF-Travis Buck

INF-Bobby Crosby

1B-Daric Barton

C-Kurt Suzuki

OF-Aaron Cunningham

SP-Justin Duchsherer

SP-Dana Eveland

SP-Gio Gonzalez

SP-Sean Gallagher

SP-Brett Anderson

LR-Dallas Braden

LR-Russ Springer

MR-Michael Weurtz

MR-Brad Ziegler

MR-Andrew Bailey

SU-Joey Devine

CL-Santiago Casilla

DL-Jack Cust(15 Day)

The problem is that im posting from a desktop right now and I have my MVP on my laptop which I keep in my room. It doesn't have internet at the moment and id rather not get into the reasons why. I think im going to take some screenshots and put them on my flash drive later. Id love tp present a dynasty when i get the Internet back on my laptop.

Hows Jerome Williams doing for you?

1-2, 2.75 in 39.1 innings.  Nobody's really tearing it up at this point, and like I said, I can't see it changing much over the course of the season.  I get a "mediocre" feel about this team.  I like it though, it's going to be a challenge.

How's he doing for you?

Where can I get some of these templates?

If you're talking about the roster, rotation, and lineup pics, they are generated from a program called MVPSavReader.  You can find it Here.

There are a couple of updated versions, so you may want to check out the whole  tools and editors download section.  

If you're talking about the roster, rotation, and lineup pics, they are generated from a program called MVPSavReader.  You can find it Here.

There are a couple of updated versions, so you may want to check out the whole  tools and editors download section.  

Yea those things are beautiful, lol.

JR you didn't use the schedule updater for your dynasty? Seems like everyone on your roster is 4 years younger than mines.

I am struggling to get over .500 right now. I'm 17-20 and just got swept in a day-night double header vs. Colorado.

Yea those things are beautiful, lol.

JR you didn't use the schedule updater for your dynasty?

No, I just downloaded the 09 schedule itself to play this year's dynasty, but I just ran my roster/lineups through SavReader.  I never could figure out how to keep SavReader updated, it still shows players from years ago on the team, stats and everything.

I haven't messed with it much lately, but I couldn't tell you if there was ever a fix for this or not.

Archived