Who's Playing A Dynasty On Mvp?

JoeRudi26

The complete league standings is under the Standings link on the DM page.

Standings Link?  Geesh..why would I look there?   :huh:

Hey man, way to flash those PS skills, everything looks nice and polished.  Looks like Oakland is just about as bad in your dynasty as they are in real life.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just about died.

So after my rant about how well i started Ducherer(or whatever) decided to load the bases in both the 2nd and 3rd inning making the score 4-3 Angels. I manage to comeback and make it 5-4 in the 4th and 6-4 in the 5th but Justin is at it again and loads the bases again(yes this is the third inning he did it). They pick up two runs and I pull him and hand the ball over to Dallas Braden who pitches flawlessely and in the seventh i manage to put a run up. Im winning 7-6 but me being the idiot i am instead of going for the double play I don't and Figgins is on second. Abreu comes up and singles, those ere the only two hits Braden gave up and one never should of happened. So its top 9 and Holladay flies out, Giambi grounds out, Cust singles and then Chavy does his magic and homers(im jumping up and down in joy). Ziegler comes in and sets them down in order for the save.

BTW Matt Holladay was 4-5 and only needed a double for the cycle.

Keep us posted on your progress, especially now that you're playing with Oakland.  Kinda cool to compare when people are playing with the same team.

My Baltimore Orioles "friends" dynasty is going quite well... we are 46-25 in AA... 6 games up in the division.... I only play the AA games and I'm trading away all the expensive contracts for some young guys in the major league team..

Best hitter has 21 HR and 49 RBI with 45 power 45 contact

Best pitcher is 9-2 with a 2.48 ERA, I'm having some problems striking people out tho...

Standings Link?  Geesh..why would I look there?   :huh:

Hey man, way to flash those PS skills, everything looks nice and polished.  Looks like Oakland is just about as bad in your dynasty as they are in real life.

Thanks JR.

Yeah, I can't wait to play Oakland. :D

My Baltimore Orioles "friends" dynasty is going quite well... we are 46-25 in AA... 6 games up in the division.... I only play the AA games and I'm trading away all the expensive contracts for some young guys in the major league team..

Best hitter has 21 HR and 49 RBI with 45 power 45 contact

Best pitcher is 9-2 with a 2.48 ERA, I'm having some problems striking people out tho...

Friends dynasty?  So he's playing the MLB games?

Jay, I am definitely in favor of more details that you are thinking of presenting with your dynasty. Graphically, no one comes close to you, but to those loyal dynasty followers, I think the intricate details mean more than gorgeous presentations (but then again, you did inspire me with your amazing graphical talents).

I have started designing the uniforms again (bought a new desktop and lost everything when I re-formatted the old one) for my Baseball Premier League - http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showtopic=35691. And once I get done with the uniforms, I will start presenting that. I am also playing a Phillies dynasty on the side, and I will probably present that after I have completed my BPL.

Thanks for the good words, redsox.  2K9 really threw me off this year, not only did I not know about it until a few weeks before it's release, but then I wasted another month trying to "fix" it enough to play it.  And in order to play a season with the real schedule (back to MVP), I had to cram just to get caught up.

My point is, I had planned on presenting a dynasty for the whole season, but with all of the things that happened, I found myself behind the eight ball.  And as far as getting something together to present, I'm still testing and creating, but finally keeping caught up with my games.

As far as your Premier League, it looks like you've done a ton of work.  It would be a shame for all of that to go to waste, I'd really like to see what you could do with that.  Great idea, lots of work, but I have no doubt you can pull it off flawlessely.

Good luck, man, I'll be watching for it.

*EDIT- Oh, and BTW, the Phillies?  Whaa?   ^_^

Friends dynasty?  So he's playing the MLB games?

no... I mean friends because I created about 35 of my friends... we are all in AA and A... the best player I created was a 55 contact/55 power hitter....

I think its cool to play with all of them and keep them together and move them up... and no, not all of them are 5 star prospects...

no... I mean friends because I created about 35 of my friends... we are all in AA and A... the best player I created was a 55 contact/55 power hitter....

I think its cool to play with all of them and keep them together and move them up... and no, not all of them are 5 star prospects...

lol, ok, I got it.  I've actually heard of a few people 'sharing' a season, so to speak.  But yeah, what you're doing is cool.  I've thought about it often how fun it would be to have your friends or your entire High School team in MVP.  High school uniforms, team name, and so on.

Thanks for the good words, redsox. 2K9 really threw me off this year, not only did I not know about it until a few weeks before it's release, but then I wasted another month trying to "fix" it enough to play it. And in order to play a season with the real schedule (back to MVP), I had to cram just to get caught up.

My point is, I had planned on presenting a dynasty for the whole season, but with all of the things that happened, I found myself behind the eight ball. And as far as getting something together to present, I'm still testing and creating, but finally keeping caught up with my games.

As far as your Premier League, it looks like you've done a ton of work. It would be a shame for all of that to go to waste, I'd really like to see what you could do with that. Great idea, lots of work, but I have no doubt you can pull it off flawlessely.

Good luck, man, I'll be watching for it.

*EDIT- Oh, and BTW, the Phillies? Whaa? ^_^

It's the time and thought process that I have put into is one of the other reasons why I want to get my Premier League started. The rosters are done as well.

And what can I say, Cole Hamels rocks! :) I just wanted to give another team other than the Red Sox a shot and it came down to 3 choices - Phillies, Dodgers, and the Angels. I ended up picking the Phillies because of two of my favorite players in Hamels and Utley and the modded stadium is just beautiful.

lol, ok, I got it.  I've actually heard of a few people 'sharing' a season, so to speak.  But yeah, what you're doing is cool.  I've thought about it often how fun it would be to have your friends or your entire High School team in MVP.  High school uniforms, team name, and so on.

Yeah, I just started mine in the spring... my buddy has a dynasty that he has been playing since MVP 05 came out... all friends... he is in year 2010... started everyone in AA and the just let them progress..

Im 4-2 with the A's now. Jr have you had any problems with Ziegler? he seemed kinda shaky in two appearences but managed to get the save. Its an early asumption so it might be that im not used to him.

EDIT- Oops my record is 4-2 not 3-2

Im 3-2 with the A's now. Jr have you had any problems with Ziegler? he seemed kinda shaky in two appearences but managed to get the save. Its an early asumption so it might be that im not used to him.

Actually, Ziegler (8.1 IP/0-1/6.48 ERA) is a little shaky in my dynasty too.  I've got him as a middle reliever, with Joey Devine closing. Through 13.1 innings, Devine is 1-2 with a 3.95 ERA, and he just picked up his 11th save in his last game against Arizona.

So far I've been pretty lucky with injuries (Duchscherer, Ellis).  I'm 22-21 before going into today's game.

How is your roster holding up as far as injuries?  I know it's early for you, but do you have everyone healthy?

Yeah everyone is healthy(knock on wood). I know ypu play with up to date rosters, I make my own choices but i don't make many if any at all. I probably won't with this team for a challenge. A move i might do is something with Matt Holliday after all-star break, there are the rumors he'll be traded to a New York team then so i might do that. I was also thinking a three way with the Blue Jays.

A's get- Travis Snider and someone from the mets preferably a pitcher

Mets get- Matt Holliday

Jays get- not sure maybe Delgado returns

I might try and resign Holliday, anyone know what he wants in the offseason?

But if you guys have ideas on trades that i could do after all-star break let me know. It can be a three way all that matters to me is he ends up on the Yankees or Mets.

So I dropped the series to the mariners as they took the last two games. Bad news all around with Cust out for 13 days just before I have a 3 game set with the Red Sox. My record now is 4-3, hopefully I can win in Boston and leave 6-4 or 5-5.

Curtis Thigpen played all three games aginst the Mariners a catcher and one in Anaheim, he had a streak of 7 singles at one point and has a good chance of staying the starter. Im not sure at this point if Kurt or Curtis will start against Boston. I really want a win so I might go with Suzuki and see how he fairs in a game, or will I start the hot guy Curtis Thigpen.

I just played the first game of my 3 game series at home to the Blue Jays.

I was 2-0 down in the eighth and managed to tie it at 2.

Delcarmen came on in the tenth and allowed a double by Overbay. The Jays brought on a pinch runner.

I tried to keep the runner close at second but Delcarmen threw the ball away and the runner came round to score.

It went downhill from there and i went on to lose.

I lost 5-2

I just played the first game of my 3 game series at home to the Blue Jays.

I was 2-0 down in the eighth and managed to tie it at 2.

Delcarmen came on in the tenth and allowed a double by Overbay. The Jays brought on a pinch runner.

I tried to keep the runner close at second but Delcarmen threw the ball away and the runner came round to score.

It went downhill from there and i went on to lose.

I lost 5-2

Sounds like an exciting game, rick.  To tie it up in the eighth but go on to lose is still a fun game.  Of course, winning it would have been better.. :D

It was definatly a fun game but after my pick off not working for so long.

For me to get that working and that actually costing me the game, it leaves mixed feelings. :fool:

I definatly need to work on when and which type of pick offs i should do to match the situation.

I also don't mind losing because it reminds me that i am playing realistically and that i am not guaranteed to run away with the division and stroll to the WS title.

my dynasty sliders ;]

1.1 Gameplay Tuning

1.1.1 Pitching

Pitch Meter Difficulty -30

Pitch Speed -40

Pitcher Fatigue +30

Pitch Control -50

1.1.2 Batting

Batting Contact +20

Batting Power -20

Bunting Ability -30

Foul Ball Frequency +35

1.1.3 Fielding

OF Speed Manual -20

OF Speed MVP -20

INF Speed Manual -35

INF Speed MVP -35

1.1.4 Running

Runner Steal Speed -10

1.2 Visual Options

Fielding View: Aerial

Strike Zone: On

Hot/Cold Zones: Off

Pitch Cursor: Fade

Hitter's Eye: Off

Throw Meter: On

Fielding Aid: On

Vector Line: On

Player Names: On

Player Icons: On

What do you guys think of this. I am always looking to make my presentations better, so any suggestions or criticisms will be helpful.

Looks great, rick.  I like the idea of having some sort of injury report out there.  It answers some questions as to why some players are or aren't in the lineup.

my dynasty sliders ;]

1.1 Gameplay Tuning

1.1.1 Pitching

Pitch Meter Difficulty -30

Pitch Speed -40

Pitcher Fatigue +30

Pitch Control -50

1.1.2 Batting

Batting Contact +20

Batting Power -20

Bunting Ability -30

Foul Ball Frequency +35

1.1.3 Fielding

OF Speed Manual -20

OF Speed MVP -20

INF Speed Manual -35

INF Speed MVP -35

1.1.4 Running

Runner Steal Speed -10

1.2 Visual Options

Fielding View: Aerial

Strike Zone: On

Hot/Cold Zones: Off

Pitch Cursor: Fade

Hitter's Eye: Off

Throw Meter: On

Fielding Aid: On

Vector Line: On

Player Names: On

Player Icons: On

Thanks ar key.  You getting good, realistic results?

Archived