~ Relive The Dyna'Sty ~ - A 2009 Season In Progress

JoeRudi26

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About the Werth base-running blunder ...

I've found that, on potential plays at 3rd (from the OF) that it's faster to throw to 2nd base, and then to 3rd instead of going to the cutoff man. For 2 reasons ...

[1] The OF throw to 2nd is stronger than the throw to the cutoff man, usually a one-hop versus a 2 or 3 hop throw, and

[2] Occassionally you can surprise a runner by throwing behind him. When the cutoff man gets the ball and the runner returns to 2nd, he's safe. But when you throw behind him, he's dead. You also have a better shot at throwing him out at 3rd.

Are you saving game 7 for Veteran;s Day or Thanksgiving or What? *grin*

Actually, I've already finished the Series, it's just been a little less motivating to post after being slapped around all season with Oakland.  That said though, I had a blast with Cleveland, I've been "this close" to playing with them for the last couple of years.

For crying out loud, how long until Opening Day?   :mellow:

I feel ya. I'm hoping my Stallions stay in the race somewhat, otherwise it's gonna be labor playing games 120-162, and presenting them enthusuatically. 'Career Mode' has been a struggle. Maybe Moss will be in the race for the Batting Title, or Jones an MVP candidate, or someone in contntion for ROY ... but, winning games consistenly is tough ... as you well know.

Congrats on winning the World Series. Cool celebration. This is a great dynasty and I hope it continues.

Thanks bhurst, and the same to you as well. I know I haven't posted in your thread often (if any, really), but it's mainly due to me not playing The Show. The dynasty is great, I just don't have that "connection" to the game. Either way, the presentation is great and I admire the way you've updated consistently.

I'm going to do something totally different next year, and it is going to be with a next gen game, probably The Show '10. If it still doesn't play to my liking, I'll probably play a season with MVP on my own time, but I desperately want to present something with next gen graphics. I'm going to do something totally different next year, something I think will peak some interest in both game play and presentation. I'll probably be working on the presentation as I get time during the winter.

But anyway, great job to you so far and good luck with the rest of the season.

Archived