~ Relive The Dyna'Sty ~ - A 2009 Season In Progress

JoeRudi26

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joe those sliders are just fantastic, I´m playing now more realistic games...closes games, more strikeouts...anyway, thanks for posting the sliders mate...

Glad to hear it.  I think if someone uses these sliders and datafile and a gives it enough time to get a handle on the pitch speeds, the game seems to balance out in the long run.  Anything that you plan on doing on a consistent basis will progressively, and naturally, get easier.  I tried to keep this in mind when tweaking these sliders.

They're not perfect, but as I said earlier in my dynasty thread these are probably the best ones I've played with to date.  At least for my personal style of play.

Glad to hear it.  I think if someone uses these sliders and datafile and a gives it enough time to get a handle on the pitch speeds, the game seems to balance out in the long run.  Anything that you plan on doing on a consistent basis will progressively, and naturally, get easier.  I tried to keep this in mind when tweaking these sliders.

They're not perfect, but as I said earlier in my dynasty thread these are probably the best ones I've played with to date.  At least for my personal style of play.

about the pitch speed you´re right...I need more time to handle the ball speed because is coming so fast to homeplate, (I receive like 10 K per game), and sometimes i hit it to the other side (late swing), but like you said the game seem more balance because, like i said before Joe thanks for posting it

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 10th, 2009

~CUBS, *PHILLIES ADVANCE TO NLCS~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New York Mets

vs

Chicago Cubs (3-0)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Los Angeles Dodgers

vs

*Philadelphia Phillies (3-0)

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 11th, 2009

Tampa Bay Rays

vs

Texas Rangers (2-1)

Cleveland Indians (2-1)

vs

*Boston Red Sox

MONDAY, OCTOBER 12th, 2009

~CLEVELAND, TEXAS ADVANCE TO ALCS~

Texas Rangers (3-2)

vs 

Tampa Bay Rays

*Boston Red Sox

vs

Cleveland Indians (3-1)

Joe, you've made me want to install this game again and give it another go. Here's to spending my weekend installing, patching, and adding mods to MVP instead of watching football.

This dynasty is the best. It really makes me want to either: 1) Post updates from my Out of the Park Baseball 10 Oakland A's season, or 2) Start a dynasty thread on this site again.

Joe, you've made me want to install this game again and give it another go. Here's to spending my weekend installing, patching, and adding mods to MVP instead of watching football.

This dynasty is the best. It really makes me want to either: 1) Post updates from my Out of the Park Baseball 10 Oakland A's season, or 2) Start a dynasty thread on this site again.

APR

Long time no see, and thanks for the good words.  Man, I'd love to see you pick MVP up again and start posting your season.  I know what you mean by installing, reinstalling, etc., it's a lot of work, but this game is still untouched when it comes to gameplay and all the other options that go along with it. (programs, etc.)

Good luck, and I'll definitely be following. 

WELCOME TO GAME 1 OF THE NLCS

~ OCTOBER 15th, 2009 ~

WINNER: *NL WILDCARD  @  WINNER: NL CENTRAL

STARTING PITCHERS

------------------------------------------------------------------------

STARTING LINEUPS

------------------------------------------------------------------------

@    

*I WILL BE TAKING CONTROL OF THE CHICAGO CUBS, CLEVELAND vs TEXAS WILL BE SIMMED*

HAMELS, PARK  ROUTED IN GAME 1, SORIANO LEADS 12-2 CHARGE FOR CUBS

ALFONSO SORIANO STARTS THE CHICAGO OFFENSE WITH A GRAND SLAM IN THE 2nd INNING

DESPITE THE POWER AT THE PLATE, SORIANO WOULD COST THE CUBS A RUN

NLCS: CUBS LEAD SERIES, 1-0

----------------------------------------------------------------------

*TONIGHT'S GAMES (OCTOBER 16th)*

NLCS: CHICAGO @ PHILADELPHIA (Game 2)

ALCS: TEXAS @ CLEVELAND (Game 1)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I just thought of something that may or may not work.  Would it be possible for me to send someone my Save File from my playoffs, and let them play Game 2 of the NLCS?  Or any of the games for that matter?  And then send the file back to me and I can update?

Like I said, I hadn't really thought it through and have no idea if it would work.  As of now, I'm really just playing random games, and it's not really important to me who wins and who doesn't, but I definitely want to keep the same NLCS, ACLS Playoff Schedule in tact.

Due to time restraints and other priorities, I've decided to go ahead and just sim the rest of the Playoffs and the World Series.  If my A's had gotten in, I definitely would have found a way to play and present every game.  

As of today:

NLCS:  Chicago Cubs are leading the Philadelphia Phillies  3-1

ALCS:  Texas Rangers are leading the Cleveland Indians  3-1

I don't feel so bad about getting hammered by Texas in the playoffs now, they've been on a mission since about the last month of the regular season.  Even so, I'd rather see a Chicago/Cleveland World Series.

I might have to play a few of those out.   B)

Where are you JR? You can't leave us hanging.

I'm here, man.  This isn't over, I just simmed up until the real life NLCS and ALCS were decided, and then I'll move on.  Yankees will probably clinch tonight, so with Chicago/Philadelphia and Cleveland/Texas knotted at 3 apiece, I'll sim both games to see who will meet in the World Series and post the results later this evening.

Like I said, if Chicago or Cleveland make it in, I may take control of one of those teams.

Archived