Mvp 09 For 05

crud

Hey, I was just wondering if the release date for MVP 09 is for real. I've heard it is coming out around Christmas this year. Is that really true. I was REALLY looking forward to it in the Spring but i guess 2k9 interfered with its progress. Hopefully it will eventually be released because I can't wait.

BTW If it's coming out on Christmas why not just call it MVP 10? ^_^

(just a thought)

Hey, I was just wondering if the release date for MVP 09 is for real. I've heard it is coming out around Christmas this year. Is that really true. I was REALLY looking forward to it in the Spring but i guess 2k9 interfered with its progress. Hopefully it will eventually be released because I can't wait.

BTW If it's coming out on Christmas why not just call it MVP 10? ^_^

(just a thought)

Unfortunately crud, it appears that MVP 09 will not be coming out this year.

• 2 months later...

I'm not a modder, so I can only speak from a general perspective.  IMO, there's a couple reasons why there wasn't, or won't be, an MVP 2009 or any other versions to follow:

1.  There's really not much left to be modded

2.  People are simply ready for a next gen title, and just plain ready to move on

Not to mention the massive amount of work involved collectively just to put on a fresh coat of paint, ie; unis, stadium ads, roster updates, a handful of cyberfaces, etc.

Since MVP is still the best game of baseball available, just install the '08 Mod and try to keep your rosters updated.  I'm hanging on to MVP 'just in case' for next year, but I have a gut feeling Sony is finally going to blow it wide open with next year's title.

I've got my fingers crossed.

The game has been improved to its limit, so it's pointless to release a whole new mod when all is required is a new roster, a couple of portraits/cyberfaces and updated unis.

Personally there's no good answer to MVP 2005 for PC ball games so I wouldn't expect it to die just yet.

I'm not a modder, so I can only speak from a general perspective.  IMO, there's a couple reasons why there wasn't, or won't be, an MVP 2009 or any other versions to follow:

1.  There's really not much left to be modded

2.  People are simply ready for a next gen title, and just plain ready to move on

Not to mention the massive amount of work involved collectively just to put on a fresh coat of paint, ie; unis, stadium ads, roster updates, a handful of cyberfaces, etc.

Since MVP is still the best game of baseball available, just install the '08 Mod and try to keep your rosters updated.  I'm hanging on to MVP 'just in case' for next year, but I have a gut feeling Sony is finally going to blow it wide open with next year's title.

I've got my fingers crossed.

My guess is that 2k10 and MLB10 will get the benefit of the doubt just for "newnes" sake. From what I know MLB09 is very good, and 2k10 if some things are improved is likely going to be "good enough" to give it a shot ... versus playing the same title for the 6th year. I'm continuing to work on and play MVP in the case that MLB10 is much of the same and 2k10 doesn;t come together like 2k7, 2k8, and 2k9 should have.

My guess is that 2k10 and MLB10 will get the benefit of the doubt just for "newnes" sake. From what I know MLB09 is very good, and 2k10 if some things are improved is likely going to be "good enough" to give it a shot ... versus playing the same title for the 6th year. I'm continuing to work on and play MVP in the case that MLB10 is much of the same and 2k10 doesn;t come together like 2k7, 2k8, and 2k9 should have.

I'm really hoping 2K gets their act together next year.  I'd rather play a "7" out of the box moddable PC game than a "9" console baseball game.

Once released, it's pretty obvious what can be done after that.  I was satisfied with the graphics, and very satisfied with the audio presentation.  If they can get game play up to par, I'm in.

My concern with 2k is the lack of an autofielding, autobaserunning, etc.

option. This would require some AI work that I doubt they are willing to

do. I hope I am wrong. If I could play it like I play mlb with manual pitching

and hitting only I would jump at it. If the new mlb10 is another console, button

pushing port I will not be interested in that either.

Sorry for the second post and I suppose that I could get this answered elsewhere

but I'll give it a try here.

Could someone give me instructions on how to convert

the 08 to 09 with the downloads suggested here.

I would love to have season ending rosters etc.

Joe?

My concern with 2k is the lack of an autofielding, autobaserunning, etc.

option. This would require some AI work that I doubt they are willing to

do. I hope I am wrong. If I could play it like I play mlb with manual pitching

and hitting only I would jump at it. If the new mlb10 is another console, button

pushing port I will not be interested in that either.

Why buy a game and then have it play "half the game" for you?

I don't understand this? Do we really expect manufacturers to spend resources to make a game, and then program features that allow the game to play for the gamer? How much demand is there for this?

It'd be like playing GOW and having the AI aim and run for you, while all you do is select the weapon and push the shoot button.

My concern with the fielding is that is takes a bunch of workarounds to get it to "play right" and 2K OF plays has always resembled the OFs wearing ice skates.

autofielding and autobaserunning? I mean to each their own ... but who buys Madden and only wants to play offense?

Obvoiusly, I meant who besides you. Heh Heh.

On a serious note, one can just image the complaints with how "programmed autofielding or baserunning" would perform. "Why did he take route to the ball?" "Why didn't he take the extra base?" "The AI got me thrown out at the plate and lost the game for me!" I know I wouldn't trust 2K to program it correctly, when they cannot get things like base stealing, injuries, collision detection, etc correct.

I'm all for as many options as possible, but it has to be done right ... and 2K hasn;t seemed to figure that out.

CircleChange you are a PC putzzz...!

You obviously do not really understand the important

difference between pc and console. It is one

of "simulation".

Quality simulation programming takes into account

the variables you have a problem with. Have you ever

played a quality flight sim??

MLB did that in it's initial release. Fielding and running

player ratings meant something relevant to those programmers .

I hope that it does not abandon it's initial commitment

to AI programming / simulation for the quick fix of

button pushing.

Go back to the console where you belong!!

Why do you want to play pc anyway??

CircleChange you are a PC putzzz...!

You obviously do not really understand the important

difference between pc and console. It is one

of "simulation".

Quality simulation programming takes into account

the variables you have a problem with. Have you ever

played a quality flight sim??

MLB did that in it's initial release. Fielding and running

player ratings meant something relevant to those programmers .

I hope that it does not abandon it's initial commitment

to AI programming / simulation for the quick fix of

button pushing.

Go back to the console where you belong!!

Why do you want to play pc anyway??

I'm not really following this ...

You might be misreading my comments. I'm for the highest quality AI programming possible. With 2K I am not in favor of them spending time programming for the AI to take over roles (fielding, baserunning) that are [1] part of the game, and [2] reasonably controlled by the buttons decided by gamer decision. They need to invest that time to get the basic stuff right.

Whatever the game, whatever the platform, I don't understand wanting to play the game, but then have the AI/CPU doing major parts of the game for me ... however, I am all for the options to do so (more options, the better), but with limited time,I don't want to see the company allocate resources to program that when some of the basic structures/features/aspects of the game are drastically lacking, and negatively affecting gameplay.

I've been playing PC games since Microleague on the Apple 2e and Earl Weaver baseball on IBM. I strongly favor PC. But, I also strongly favor as much gamer influence as possible, meaning I dont want the AI to assume too great of a role or taking over major aspects of the game (such as fielding), where gamer skill can be an influence. I don't favor just making the pitch or swinging the bat and then having the "game do the rest". A pure sim (I own OOTPX, BM9/10, etc) might be a better choice, if one is looking for something like that.

I wish I could avoid consoles for baseball, and currently do so, but MLB10 likely makes that situation unavoidable, due to 2k's inability to get important franchise aspects correct (by choosing to focus on online/arcade gamers).

Yankee,

Yup, that's that!

BTW. You are a great moderator. You should be in the hall

of fame for your anal approach to forum expression.

CircleChange;

We may be on the same page after all. I am just not willing

to give-up for a "quick" turnover. Even though it has been

inevitable for many years.

• 1 month later...

Archived