JoeRudi26

Sony or 2K - Which Will It Be?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which Game Will You Purchase?

• Sony MLB The Show '10
    • MLB 2K10
    • Both
    • Neither One, I'm Sticking With MVP

Believe it or not, I'm going to try 2k10 first.

Good.  Just from the few games that we've played, I know we are pretty much on the same page regarding what we're looking for in the game.

My decision to buy this game will be depend on your honest review.   :spiteful::spiteful::spiteful:

Actually I could have used an option - 'All Three'.   Last year I played The Show AND MLB2K9 on the PS3,  MLB2K9 and MVP 05 on the PC.

I will probably do the same thing this year.  I voted 'Both'

I'll have (and play) MVP on the back burner until another PC baseball game tops it.

2K10 or MVP...MVP is no longer option #1 when it comes to PC gaming due to my other purchases, but 2K10 can definitely turn into that if it's a success. <---( :facepalm: )

If 2K turns out to be solid, I'll be more than happy to pick it up.  I would much rather play baseball on the PC, especially if it turns out to be mod friendly.

I'd say 2K10 is more realistic than The Show, quite simply because everyone here owns a PC. Not everyone owns a PS3, or even a PS2, for that matter. Getting a PC game for $30, or less, is much more cost effective and realistic than buying a whole new system plus the cost of the game.

the show, im not even considering buying 2k10.

Same here.. I mean, if you have a PS3 and don't prefer The Show, you shouldn't have a PS3, because being a baseball fan, having a PS3, and not buying The Show would be one of the most stupid things I've ever read.

I'd say 2K10 is more realistic than The Show, quite simply because everyone here owns a PC. Not everyone owns a PS3, or even a PS2, for that matter. Getting a PC game for $30, or less, is much more cost effective and realistic than buying a whole new system plus the cost of the game.

I did it. Totally worth it. You don't know the half of how terrible 2k is until you play The Show.

Same here.. I mean, if you have a PS3 and don't prefer The Show, you shouldn't have a PS3, because being a baseball fan, having a PS3, and not buying The Show would be one of the most stupid things I've ever read.

Some people like to be involved in playing baseball games, rather than have it do everything for you like The Show. Since The Show hasn't changed a lick since 2008, there is zero reason to pay $60 for roster updates on an outdated game.

I bought a PS3 back in December, so i´ll give it a shot buying the Show for the very first time in my life...the thing is, here in my country (Venezuela) the PS3 games are too expensive (like $200 the game), so i´ll make an effort to buy it, I also i´m going to buy 2K10 cause i really love baseball games jejeje....when the demo is available for PS3??

another thing is that 2K upset me with the PC version (luckily last year it only cost $19.99 for the PC version) but lack of patches and lack of care from 2K really left me with a cold impression.

I'm not dishing out $39.99 nor $69.99 for any of the 2K versions...I'm sticking with The Show this year.

You guys can enjoy the crapfest of 2K baseball on PC and platform I'm not.

Some people like to be involved in playing baseball games, rather than have it do everything for you like The Show. Since The Show hasn't changed a lick since 2008, there is zero reason to pay $60 for roster updates on an outdated game.

Not to keep riding on you in this thread, but it seems like you are the only one I have ever really heard that feels this way about The Show. I think I have only ever read one other post by a person who feels even somewhat like that is the case.

Oh well, you like what you like.

Here's hoping 2K kicks all of our butts this year.

another thing is that 2K upset me with the PC version (luckily last year it only cost $19.99 for the PC version) but lack of patches and lack of care from 2K really left me with a cold impression.

Didn't consoles get one patch too??? PC was released alongside 360 patch on the same day.

2k10 for me, i voted for 2k10 as well, the show is cool, but im liking what im seeing in 2k10 way more, and i think they have got it right this year, no game is perfect not even the show. so we'll see, i think a lot of people our going to be surprised though by 2k10 this year, it doesn't really surprise me though, after seeing what they did with 2k10 basketball, it's just a matter of time before they get it right, and by the looks of it, they are headed in the right direction.

I can't speak for The Show '09, I only rented it, but I understand what he's (Sean) saying. At least in '08, the game had a somewhat scripted feeling. For example, it was common (every game, at least 3 or 4 times a game) to go through 10-15+ pitch at bats, and sometimes even more. It didn't matter where you put the ball in the strike zone, the batter fouled it off. It was so bad, it made you want to either walk the guy or just throw at his head. It was mind numbing. Back to the statement of being scripted, it seemed to me that this was implemented to somehow create realistic pitch counts.

Other issues were fielding and animations. If the AI decided it was time for the 3rd baseman (or which ever fielder it happened to be) to double pump when you were pressed to turn the DP, it just happened on it's own. As a matter of fact, it happened randomly throughout the game. I've seen countless DP's (and other plays as well) blown due to this issue. It was just one of those things that happened when you least expect it, and when it does, you just feel totally taken out of the play, not to mention it literally affects the outcome of the game. IMO, the whole fielding mechanics just felt a little "distant", like the AI/animations were too predetermined.

Again, in The Show '08, there were similar issues with batting. It felt like more than half of the base hits were scripted. Not necessarily from bad pitches being hit, but from where the ball would literally land on the field. I could have played one random game, and (to prove my point) video taped 3 or 4 hits a game that basically landed in the same general spot. Especially in the gaps. Not really a game killer, but nonetheless it just felt scripted.

That said though, I can't really comment on The Show '09, except that these were the exact reasons I passed on it last year. All of these issues may have been addressed in last year's game and the one that's coming out, I really don't know.

As far as 2K, my issues primarily lie with them in the way they handle their business. I own a company with clientele from all over the world, and I could not imagine treating my worst customer the way that they treated their most loyal customers that had been buying their games for the past decade. It was outrageous. And instead of owning up to what was actually voted the worst game of 2009, they ignore it and start marketing next year's release. I've said it before, I seriously just don't get this company, I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.

Regarding which game people are going to buy, something else I notice a lot is people throwing around is the word "best". Regarding video game baseball, "best" is merely a subjective term. If The Show was the best baseball game available, for the sake of argument, based on sales, then why does MVP (a five year old game) still go for $85? 20 more dollars than the "best" and most current baseball game available? "Best" is in the eye of the beholder for whatever reasons they deem appealing. To agree or disagree is all you can do, to knock someone for what they like is ridiculous.

Objectively, and this is what I know: The Show looks great, 2K has a bad rep, and MVP has had the most staying power. I own MVP and I'm still pissed at 2K, so that leaves me one choice. But I can guarantee this, if 2K actually redeems themselves with a solid PC title, The Show '10 will be collecting dust by April.

Archived