Things That Take You Back..

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

979D4D5748A4738454CA5C5FA9792.jpgscreenshot002.JPG

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related http://www.youtube.c...h?v=kemivUKb4f4

Great idea for a thread Joe. You're a thread ID genius.

1. Lego. Those sets specifically were my favourite. I even had names for all the Lego minifigures. When I was four I had an operation on my leg, and I had to miss a lot of kindergarten. I think that's what I did instead.

2. My Star Trek action figures. I had the entire main TNG crew, except for Lieutenant Worf, because as a kid I was terrified of him. Captain Picard and Dr. Crusher were my first figures.

3. Cat Stevens' Footsteps in the Dark album. Found it recently, takes me right back to my childhood.

4. When my dad plays guitar.

5. Bookmice/Cro/Ghostwriter and a show called Join In! were my favourite TV shows as a kid.

6. Neuromancer/Summer Games/Winter Games/Zak McKracken/Maniac Mansion were all games my dad played, and I eagerly watched until it was my turn.

7. Windows 3.1

8. Windows 95 and all the cool stuff on the start up CD.

This is how I spent the summer of 1989. I created leagues on this and played the hell out of this.

BaseballStarsCover.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=10504&stc=1&

Great game...

Sorry for all the posts, I guess I coulda put them all in one, but I am trying to catch up on a whole days worth of stuff.

018946090016F.JPG

Another great one. The one on the NES was better. Not the original Tecmo Bowl, but the original Tecmo Super Bowl.

tecmo-super-bowl.jpg

To this day every time I see a for sale sign on a house I have to smile. There's a story behind this of course.

During the summer nights, my friends and I would have camp outs every once in awhile where we would sleep in someone's patio or garage. We would always sneak an alarm clock in with us and we'd set it for 3 am. Then we'd go out and do stuff. When someone's house was up for sale we'd pull the sign out of the ground and bring it to another house down the street. Then we'd sit back the next day and watch to see what happens. One time at the house where we placed the sign at the husband came out of the house to go to work and he saw the sign and he got mad at his wife for putting the home up for sale without him knowing it. I wasn't witness to this but one of the kids who lived next door to them overheard this. Looking back this was minor stuff compared to what goes on today.

If you liked this story I got one more.

tennis-ball.jpg

Tennis ball, bat and glove + big back yard= lots of baseball.

First time we had guys over to play ball, I crushed a baseball off the neighbors roof. It was an older couple at the time. No one ever complained, but we decided after that, that tennis balls were in order. Next thing coulda been a window.

They were perfect though. Our yard had a slight hump between it, and the one next door. It served as our fence. Anything over it was a home run. If you got hold of a tennis ball, it would travel about the perfect distance for a home run... Like a ball landing in the bleachers at Wrigley. Of course if you really crushed it, it would fly into their garden... Kinda like hitting one out onto Waveland avenue.

We had pieces of carpet cut out into bases. We typically only had 3 of us, so we played 3 team games. One in the OF, one pitching, and one at the plate. We'd rotate through each position every inning.

Toss about 5 balls out by the "pitchers mound", and you were ready to go (no catcher, so if you had 5 balls, the batter didn't have to go retrieve it after every pitch that wasn't hit).

That and home run derby. If no one else was around to play ball that day, I went out by the field in the back, and hit towards my house. 9 innings, 3 outs (anything that wasn't a home run), and 4 imaginary versions of my favorite players of the day. Toss the ball, and try to crush it. If it hit the roof, it was a home run.

The Nerf football. We'd use this to play football out in the street because none of us had a leather football. Back then the Nerf football didn't look like this. They were lime green in color. We would use them until they'd start to get soaked up and then once that happened you couldn't throw the damn thing anymore. That's why we all asked for Nerfs for Christmas every year.

100_1092.jpg

I had an old Dukes of Hazzard set too. No telling how many times I had Roscoe P Coltrane chasing down the Duke Boys. Of course, Bo and Luke always jumped an enormous distance, and got away when Roscoe crashed trying to do the same.

I have also seen some Van Halen in here. They were alright, but I was always more a fan of:

motley_crue.jpg

Someone posted a screenshot of Maniac Mansion

Holy ****

That brings me back a long way.. Me and my cousin liked that game a lot

maniac.jpg

I actually played baseball games on the Commodore 64. I remember the hitting being very difficult to me. Maybe I was missing something. I was pretty young.

3251654886_5df01d875b.jpg

Someone posted a screenshot of Maniac Mansion

Holy ****

That brings me back a long way.. Me and my cousin liked that game a lot

I actually played baseball games on the Commodore 64. I remember the hitting being very difficult to me. Maybe I was missing something. I was pretty young.

That someone would be me.

Me and my dad played Maniac Mansion and that very baseball game on his C-64.

Reggie Jackson Baseball for the Sega Master System.  I totally forgot about this game.  I played it for an entire summer.    :drinks:

@ emath

We did the same thing.  Fast pitch tennis ball, my back yard, every day.  We hung a net for a backstop, and lined the field (my yard) with flour from the kitchen.  My mom wanted to strangle me.   :popcorn:

Hahah, that show's Canadian. I had no idea it even aired in the U.S. As well, few people know that alternative rocker Alanis Morissette got her start on that show.

It aired on Nickelodeon from 1981 to 1990, then in reruns until '94. I wish I could find the entire series on DVD.

Earl Weaver Baseball on my old computer. Don't even remember what kind of computer it was. Spent many hours playing that game, and keeping stats, changing names, etc.

I also had Face Off Hockey for the same computer. Took me hours upon hours, but I put in every NHL players name in that game. Loved it.

I had a Turbo Grafix 16 with World Class Baseball...loved that game also.

Anytime time I see an Atari 2600. My dad bought one of these when they first came out...he bought Empire Strikes Back for it. Man I remember crying I was so excited.

Anytime time I see an Atari 2600. My dad bought one of these when they first came out...he bought Empire Strikes Back for it. Man I remember crying I was so excited.

B) I still have my Atari 2600 with 14 games. One of those games is Empire Strikes Back. :)

Archived