Things That Take You Back..

..To The Day.

With all the different age groups here, I thought it would be interesting to see what people were into when they were younger.  It could be anything from movies, to games, to foods, to sports.  Whatever.  Completely off the top of my head, here are a few of mine. It could be from your childhood, or anytime in your past.   Post as many as you want, and as often as you want. I know after thinking of just these few, it led to many more.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another great thread idea Jay. I'm curious to learn what others contribute in here.

The AAA Red Wings. Baltimore's top minor league franchise when I was a kid. I spent many years here at old Silver Stadium watching the best of the International League. From Dave Parker to Fred Lynn to Ron Guidry I saw a lot of them.

Roger Moore and 007 movies. I was too young to see the Connery classics.

Tony Larussa Baseball II. My first PC baseball love.

My cookie of choice to this day.

My Catholic school uniform.

A yellow shirt and....

dark green dress pants with tie

And when tony LaRussa II came out I didn't think graphics could get much better. I was playing Hardball 3 at the time and saw an ad for TLII with a picture of Fenway Park. I thought that was as good as it could get.

And when tony LaRussa II came out I didn't think graphics could get much better. I was playing Hardball 3 at the time and saw an ad for TLII with a picture of Fenway Park. I thought that was as good as it could get.

I loved that game. I actually did a "mod" for that game when I made the original 16 teams of baseball and I put the greatest players from each team on the roster I created lineups and added portraits for each team and it was so much fun.

Anyone remember the Quaker Oats cereal that came in the cardboard cylinders? Before I picked up the guitar, I saved about 10 of these containers.

My very first drum set: :yahoo:

Oh man, yes. I used to keep a ton of these. Came in handy for so many things. :D

megadrive7.jpg

master_system.jpg

nba-live-96.jpg

the-terminator.jpg

fruit%20salad.jpg

I remember I used to have a thing called "My First Computer", it was green and white, had a one-line LCD display, and was for learning maths and spelling, things like that. I think my mother gave it to a friend's kid a while back, but man, would I love to have that today. It'd be great to look at for old-time's sake, and now that I'm a fully-fledged geek, it would be interesting to rip it apart to figure out what kind of hardware was inside it. :lol:

I'll be damned if I can find a decent picture of it, though. :huh:

JoeRudi,  I totally agree with your choice of Final Fantasy III; that game and Secret of Mana started my RPG addiction.

A few more that really bring back some good memories.  These games are still good to this day.

John Madden Football 1993 for the Sega Genesis. This game had some of the great NFL teams of the past in this version and one of the teams were the 1976 Oakland Raiders. I used Mark VanEeghen #30 over and over and I hardly lost a game. I ran him outside to the left and right and he was unstoppable. Good times.

In the 1994 version of Madden they changed the graphics and the game began to go downhill. But I'll always have this one.

Archived