Things That Take You Back..

My father-in-law still has his....20 or so games for them. One of my favorites is Pitfall. Last tiime we were down for dinner, we haed it out to show my 11 year old son...he was not impressed...LOL!

LOL, ya kids now think its pretty lame. The games i still have are.....

Empire strikes back, jungle hunt, pac-man, combat, phoenix, moon patrol, california games, pole position, defender, missile command, football, basketball, real sports baseball and real sports tennis. :drinks:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, ya kids now think its pretty lame. The games i still have are.....

Empire strikes back, jungle hunt, pac-man, combat, phoenix, moon patrol, california games, pole position, defender, missile command, football, basketball, real sports baseball and real sports tennis. :drinks:

Phoenix is one of the best games ever for the Atari.

Hey Dylan,

I totally forgot about Summer/Winter Games. I loved those games and played the heck out of my old Commodore 64 with many others...Great Stuff. Thanks for posting the Weezer "Buddy Holly" video. That one still cracks me up.

979D4D5748A4738454CA5C5FA9792.jpgscreenshot002.JPG

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related http://www.youtube.c...h?v=kemivUKb4f4

Great idea for a thread Joe. You're a thread ID genius.

1. Lego. Those sets specifically were my favourite. I even had names for all the Lego minifigures. When I was four I had an operation on my leg, and I had to miss a lot of kindergarten. I think that's what I did instead.

2. My Star Trek action figures. I had the entire main TNG crew, except for Lieutenant Worf, because as a kid I was terrified of him. Captain Picard and Dr. Crusher were my first figures.

3. Cat Stevens' Footsteps in the Dark album. Found it recently, takes me right back to my childhood.

4. When my dad plays guitar.

5. Bookmice/Cro/Ghostwriter and a show called Join In! were my favourite TV shows as a kid.

6. Neuromancer/Summer Games/Winter Games/Zak McKracken/Maniac Mansion were all games my dad played, and I eagerly watched until it was my turn.

7. Windows 3.1

8. Windows 95 and all the cool stuff on the start up CD.

Awesome JoeRudi, When I first got into guitars I built a Red/White/Black Franken-Strat Guitar like Eddie's. I even used an eye-hook for the strap-holder on the horn. It actually played pretty good and had a decent humbucker in the bridge.

The Van Halen I album.  My "guitar teacher".   2mpl752.jpg

2v2w68o.jpg

Hey Dylan,

I totally forgot about Summer/Winter Games. I loved those games and played the heck out of my old Commodore 64 with many others...Great Stuff. Thanks for posting the Weezer "Buddy Holly" video. That one still cracks me up.

Haha! That's cool man. Sometimes I still play them with C-64 emulation software. I just have to be gentle with the keyboard...

Funny story about my dad's C-64.

He sold it to get our first Windows (3.1) machine. I would have been pretty little, maybe five or so. And I remember being so distraught and sad that we wouldn't be able to play all of the games we had. Little did I know that Windows was like 10000x better.

Haha! That's cool man. Sometimes I still play them with C-64 emulation software. I just have to be gentle with the keyboard...

Funny story about my dad's C-64.

He sold it to get our first Windows (3.1) machine. I would have been pretty little, maybe five or so. And I remember being so distraught and sad that we wouldn't be able to play all of the games we had. Little did I know that Windows was like 10000x better.

This goes waaaaaaaaay back. I used to love playing with these things. I had the jeeps, tanks, cannons, and I'd make cities, buildings, etc. But man, I've seen some of the stuff they have out now, it's incredible compared to this.

Your eyes are not playing tricks on you. In the mid 1990's Netscape actually sold their browser in computer stores for $39.99 for this version you are looking at. A Netscape "Gold" version sold for $49.99.

Thankfully the really decent and popular browsers are now free.

Even better than Maniac Mansion in my opinion was the sequel, "Day of the Tentacle." That game was amazing.

Also.... Wolfenstein, the original

That's the one I remember ! Day of the Tentacle

I remember it as a witty, funny, and challenging game. They all were back then. Anyone remember Monkey Island and the old Indiana Jones games ?

Wolf3d was the ish.

Final Fantasy III is entirely responsible for my RPG habit today.  :drinks:

I actually came up with a script once to turn FFIII into a miniseries. Nobody picked it up. Definitely one of my favorite games of all time. Best story, best characters, proper use of airship, and how cool was that 3D world for its time?

Back in the day...

This is how we turned a double-play:

4646838897_6cdb60e7db_o.jpg

This is how we checked our e-mail:

s4131-1.GIF

(and you had to write a script and make it a destop icon)

This is how we blogged:

bbs1.png

This is how we got online (14.4 baud modem, c. 1994):

3191084319_93a823692a.jpg

This was what we modded (Hardball 4 - c.1994):

hardball4-2.gif

This is how we listened to music (c. 1998)

wa-tot.jpg

That's the one I remember ! Day of the Tentacle

I remember it as a witty, funny, and challenging game. They all were back then. Anyone remember Monkey Island and the old Indiana Jones games ?

Wolf3d was the ish.

I've said before and I'll say it again: Point-and-click adventure games, specifically those made by LucasArts, were the best. I remember, and still have and play, all those games.

Before my time, but loved reading these comic books by the time I was 9 or 10.  Not a big comic book fan, just loved the Sgt. Rock series.

My very first memory of Major League baseball.  I fell in love with the A's when I was 7, and haven't looked back since.  (that's right, I was a 7 year old bandwagoner)  :D

Got this album for my 15th birthday in 1981.  Brings back a ton of memories.

Although this album came out when I was about 12 years old, I didn't start listening to it until I was 18 or 19.  Still one of my favs today.

If you did not watch this show on Tuesday nights you had no idea what kids at school were talking about on Wednesday mornings.

This is a radio. You put batteries in it or you could plug it into a wall socket. And then you turn it on. Years ago this was needed to keep up with baseball as it was happening. There was no game on every night. No DirectTv. No MLB Network. What you would do is go outside on a nice summers night with a drink a fool around with the dial to get an out of town game. I'd listen to Bob Prince doing the Pirates games. I'd get the Indians, the Cardinals, the Reds and late at night sometimes the west coast teams. There is still nothing like baseball on the radio.

Archived