Patch Is Released For Pc

hackman2007

And that's more than welcome. Trust me, I'd rather have 10,000 long-standing and intelligent members like you than 10 idiots who contribute $10 and thinks they're entitled to everything on God's green earth, including access to things we have no control over.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I'm continuing my Bryce Harper myplayer and it seems that the patch SO FAR seems to have actually made it more realistic. I was just playing a fielding situation where the pitcher actually threw 2 strikes with the batter swinging and missing and myself having a 3rd pitch strike throw to first base, almost like the "block plate" rating is somehow in factor (because mine is low, 53).

A top of that the at bats I've been getting seem more real, I can't put anything more to it than that. I foul off more pitches, and the pitchers are pitching me COMPLETELY different. Not only that but I'm seeing a rise in the "averages" of the AI Teams throughout most statistically categories (someone needs to tell me I'm not crazy please). I used to see tons of teams with no one in the starting line up above a .280 avg, now lineups are scattered with a more realistic look to real life.

Anyways just my $0.02

I just installed the patch and wanted to start the game but then I was forced to insert the DVD.

I bought the game via direct download @ gamestop so I'm not able to insert any MLB 2k10 disk.

Any solution??

See my post above (Post #41).

I think pitchleague is accurate in his assessment. I dont think the classic hitting is the only thing that wont work in saved chises because, again, I did get the double play glitch in mine and that has supposedly been patched. Couple of quick responses to other posters questions:

1) I patched and the 360 overlay from kraw seems fine

2) No frame rate problem here, seems pretty smooth and may be faster (ati 4650 1gb)

3) Some of the updates did seem to work in saved franchises, so I guess you can go ahead and patch and enjoy...

4) Doesnt seem to be any "issues" with the patch that make the game worse...sliders may need tweaking a bit but I must say Im fairly fat'n happy given the spotty reputation for support 2k has had the last few years. Im not sure about the dl versions or whatever

I am having issues with the 360 overlays.

Yes I tried your patch too, but it ain't working.

gonna test the cracked version later...

The cracked .exe dont work. Im having the same problem here

Guys, keep the discussion of the cracked .exe off the forums, per the forum rules:

No warez or cracks or links to such content.

Help, requests or posts that discuss circumvention of copyright measures are forbidden. This includes linking to illegally obtained software, movies & music files - posting about it, and suggesting obtaining it.

Thanks.

11) Double switching does indeed work properly with one exception. I couldn't figure out how to keep the guy that I used to pinch-hit for the pitcher in the game when making the double switch. The game always made me select someone different off the bench for the double switch.

I'm sorry but for anyone playing a National League game, the fact that you can't keep a pinch hitter in the game to play a new position makes this game lose any sort of authenticity and realism. Double-switching in this manner happens in every single National League game.

And that's more than welcome. Trust me, I'd rather have 10,000 long-standing and intelligent members like you than 10 idiots who contribute $10 and thinks they're entitled to everything on God's green earth, including access to things we have no control over.

Guess it's time for me to pony up another 10 bucks :p

Incidentally, post-patch I've noticed that you can no longer mandate whether the DH is used or not used in either or both leagues (franchise mode)... DH in AL, No DH in NL, period.

Guys....no need for cracked exe...forget about it...

Search for D2D version patch.....thats what I did...and game works fine...

Already posted in downloads section 8)

D2D version is working fine so far

anyone else notice it is a lot easier to hit now? I'm scoring like 10 more runs a game now

I have only played one game since installing the patch only scored one run. But still only had to throw 73 pitches for a complete game shutout. Probably over aggressive at the plate but pitching is still simple as can be.

regarding this, i used the D2D version patch for my game and it worked for me so far, but MyPlayer mode keeps crashing on me when i'm starting a new one(it crash to the desktop during the 'intro video') but other than that the patch works for me

anyone here also experienced this???

Question regarding the patch...

I downloaded the patch for the pc and the .exe file is 20.3MB in size which does require the CD to play.

I also downloaded the D2D patch version and the .exe file is only 12.9MB in size but does not require the CD to play.

I prefer the D2D patch but am curious why the size is so different than the non D2D version.

Anyone know the answer?

(Was thinking of submitting this in the Support section but it does pertain to the patch thread)

A couple of patch related questions:

1) If I back up those 4 files that the patch affects and it turns out I like the pre-patch gameplay better, can I just copy those files back over instead of having to reinstall the entire game to get pre-patch gameplay?

3) From the patch notes:

"• Fixed a crash where the game crashes shortly after entering gameplay with the same Playlist selected for every event in All Ballparks in the Ballpark Music Manager."

I thought the PC version didn't have Ballpark Music Manager?

Anybody have answers to these 2 questions? Thanks if you do.

Archived