Patch Is Released For Pc

hackman2007

I noticed, thanks for your contribution. :)

I've not had a chance to try it personally yet, but try going to the Options-Controller Options-Controller Setup menu (if that's the right path) from the main menu, then hit the number 4 on your keyboard. I think that should do it.

Alrighty. Thanks

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It appears that to be able to use Classic Controls in Franchise, you have to start a new Franchise. I guess I don't mind starting over. Can I presume that the Snash Rosters are still the way to go?

When you say Snash's Rosters, do you mean his 0.1 version rosters? I see he hasn't been on the site since mid-May. Is he releasing another version of his rosters on another forum perhaps?

got the double play bug where you cant throw the ball = sux but it is a saved franchise and that could be the problem

seems tougher hitting corners when pitching = killer! no more complete game shutouts, I just gave up 10 runs in 5 and a third! Composure is much better I think, and their pitcher ran out of gas and left after 5...overall it seems like a decent patch. BTW, what is a common mod that changes the english.iff because I had it backed up (thus modded) but I dont know what mod it was. 360 controller mapping perhaps?

wow a lot of useful information about the patch here 8P

aaanywho, there's quite a lot of supposed "fixes" on the patch notes, but last year (for 2k9) I remember the patch giving me (and a few other people) more problems than it solved.

So I was wondering if anyone has encountered any new bugs/glitches/crashes or any other issues that came with the patch that did not exist previously?

Hi, I have two questions:

1. Can I after installing the patch to continue its Franchise. I do not really want her to lose that I played more than 100 matches.

2. How to install the patch? Copy these 4 files - http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=5770 in a folder with the game and everything? Sorry for bad English.

It appears that to be able to use Classic Controls in Franchise, you have to start a new Franchise. I guess I don't mind starting over. Can I presume that the Snash Rosters are still the way to go?

Hola!!! cual es el lc buton, y como entro al classic mode¿?¿

as I can enter the classical modes, and what is the button lc ¿?¿

A couple of patch related questions:

1) If I back up those 4 files that the patch affects and it turns out I like the pre-patch gameplay better, can I just copy those files back over instead of having to reinstall the entire game to get pre-patch gameplay?

2) Will I need to re-install the 360 controller overlay? Are we going to have wait until there is a post-patch version so as not to screw up the patched file?

3) From the patch notes:

"• Fixed a crash where the game crashes shortly after entering gameplay with the same Playlist selected for every event in All Ballparks in the Ballpark Music Manager."

I thought the PC version didn't have Ballpark Music Manager?

Here's what I've observed: You can continue your franchise; however the one thing I've noticed (so far) is that you cannot change to classic controls in a pre-patch franchise. Whether any of the other things in the patch apply to an existing franchise probably won't be obvious until playing several games.

Re: rosters, I started a new franchise and went with the official 2K rosters, I didn't realize that Snash's weren't continuing on. The 2k rosters look ok to me, but I'm not too fussy.

after playing 3 games of my already existing franchise this afternoon, with the default "Pro" sliders (the patched ones) here is what I have observed so far:

1) check swings are in! Appeals as well, although it seems arbitrary whether it's called a ball or a strike (checking replays, they looked identical but sometimes called a ball and sometimes called a strike)

2) listing of L-R on lineups is in. Nice! Unless you know baseball, this is a biggie. Didn't bother me, though, as I know most players.

3) Balls thrown to batting pitchers. This was a big one to me as it was no challenge with the pitcher spot batting and it was always a strike thrown. Always. Even the pinch-hitters that you sent up for a pitcher. Now, I was able to get a couple of balls thrown. Now, that's only about 3 balls in three games worth of pitcher at-bats, but it's progress, I guess. The pinch-hitters still got all strikes. Darn it.

4) It is, indeed, harder to pitch and paint corners. Especially with pitchers with poorer control ratings. I really had to work for every strike--when it wasn't hit (more on that later)

5) Pick-offs are much better. I was only picked off once in the three games, off of first base, and it was my fault as I took too big of a lead. You are now able to lead off 2nd and get back in there without a hiccup. You also can get more than a 1-step lead off 2nd without a throw! I got the three step lead several times--NEVER able to do that before as it was an automatic pick-off out.

6) Appears that they fixed the stolen base glitch with runners on the corners. Don't know about anyone else, but I was able to exploit that one all the time (1st & 3rd, you send the runner on first, and for some reason the catcher would throw to third base, giving you an easy steal.) I tried it three times and all three times the catcher threw to 2nd, catching me for the out all three times with speedy runners.

7) Unfortunately, I didn't see any change in making stealing easier in normal situations as the patch notes say.

8) I noticed way more foul balls when you get the "big blue box" for a fastball right down the middle when using batter's eye.

9) I got several batters (including myself) to hit pop-ups on the infield (actually very shallow into the outfield, but still, never saw those pre-patch). Still no pop-ups to catchers.

10) Pitchers still seem to be hockey goalies, making amazing grabs of hot liners back through the box. I can understand pitchers making the play, sure. But not several times a game, every game.

11) Double switching does indeed work properly with one exception. I couldn't figure out how to keep the guy that I used to pinch-hit for the pitcher in the game when making the double switch. The game always made me select someone different off the bench for the double switch.

12) Starting pitchers for the CPU were leaving the game way too early. In all 3 games against FLA & STL, the starter was out of the game by the 5th inning. Adam Wainright had 46 pitches/42 for strikes (yeah, yeah, I know I had zero patience against him) with 9 strikeouts and was pulled from the game for a pinch-hitter with STL leading 3-1. Come on, that's just not happening in real life.

13) You will get "bad gesture" (although no "shaky" cursor) when you try to "short-cut" your gestures while pitching. I define "short cut" as such: pre-patch, you could throw the 12-6 curveball just fine without rotating your right-stick clockwise from 4:00 to 2:00; You could, instead just move it directly from 4:00 to 2:00 in a much easier motion. Another example: slider from 3:00 to 9:00 with a gesture straight across, like throwing a fastball, instead of the big sweep from right to left.

Anyway, if you try the short cut, you get "bad gesture" and the pitch will likely miss the strike zone, although I was able to get a few in there for strikes.

14) I was going to post that the hitting (for both clubs) was WAY too easy on the default Pro sliders from the patch as I scored 9 runs on 12 hits in my first 2 innings. But then, I didn't do so hot, scoring only 1 more run the rest of the game, changing my theory to: "Oh, I scored 9 runs because the Marlins had Burke Badenhop starting the game for whatever reason." However, I beat STL by scores of 3-2 and 5-4, although hit totals for both clubs were still a bit off for low scoring contests (I had 18 and 17 hits, respectively, while the Cards had 18 and 21!)

15) Okay, this one isn't a problem with the patch, but just a gripe with the game. I notice so much cheering/booing from the stands on base hits that score runs that it really adds to the game. But then a batter later will hit a home run (a big one, at that) and it's like a morgue as he rounds the bases. 2k10 has to fix this.

Anyway, thanks for reading. I thought for sure others would have posted some stuff like this but I didn't see it anywhere yet. Perhaps with the newness of the patch I just missed the thread about it or something.

Has anyone else noticed a framerate drop?

Under benchmark its 60 all the time. But as I play a game and it gets to about the fourth inning or so...the frames drop from 60 to 30 and looks like its lagging. also, the batter cut scenes always seem to lag.

Basically have gone from 60 to 30 fps at times...usually during pitching but then it shoots back up if ball is put into play. Really frustrating.

I have an e8400 3.0ghz, ATi 4850 512mb, ATi Catalyst 10.5 -- so that shouldnt be the problem. It was fine prepatch.

Has anyone else noticed a framerate drop?

Under benchmark its 60 all the time. But as I play a game and it gets to about the fourth inning or so...the frames drop from 60 to 30 and looks like its lagging. also, the batter cut scenes always seem to lag.

Basically have gone from 60 to 30 fps at times...usually during pitching but then it shoots back up if ball is put into play. Really frustrating.

I have an e8400 3.0ghz, ATi 4850 512mb, ATi Catalyst 10.5 -- so that shouldnt be the problem. It was fine prepatch.

Odd, just the opposite here. I won't pretend to be able to tell what framerate I'm getting, but after I patched the game last night the game has been flying for me. I thought that either they tweaked something, or maybe my computer had just taken a Five Hour Energy or something...

I think pitchleague is accurate in his assessment. I dont think the classic hitting is the only thing that wont work in saved chises because, again, I did get the double play glitch in mine and that has supposedly been patched. Couple of quick responses to other posters questions:

1) I patched and the 360 overlay from kraw seems fine

2) No frame rate problem here, seems pretty smooth and may be faster (ati 4650 1gb)

3) Some of the updates did seem to work in saved franchises, so I guess you can go ahead and patch and enjoy...

4) Doesnt seem to be any "issues" with the patch that make the game worse...sliders may need tweaking a bit but I must say Im fairly fat'n happy given the spotty reputation for support 2k has had the last few years. Im not sure about the dl versions or whatever

after playing 3 games of my already existing franchise this afternoon, with the default "Pro" sliders (the patched ones) here is what I have observed so far:

1) check swings are in! Appeals as well, although it seems arbitrary whether it's called a ball or a strike (checking replays, they looked identical but sometimes called a ball and sometimes called a strike)

2) listing of L-R on lineups is in. Nice! Unless you know baseball, this is a biggie. Didn't bother me, though, as I know most players.

3) Balls thrown to batting pitchers. This was a big one to me as it was no challenge with the pitcher spot batting and it was always a strike thrown. Always. Even the pinch-hitters that you sent up for a pitcher. Now, I was able to get a couple of balls thrown. Now, that's only about 3 balls in three games worth of pitcher at-bats, but it's progress, I guess. The pinch-hitters still got all strikes. Darn it.

4) It is, indeed, harder to pitch and paint corners. Especially with pitchers with poorer control ratings. I really had to work for every strike--when it wasn't hit (more on that later)

5) Pick-offs are much better. I was only picked off once in the three games, off of first base, and it was my fault as I took too big of a lead. You are now able to lead off 2nd and get back in there without a hiccup. You also can get more than a 1-step lead off 2nd without a throw! I got the three step lead several times--NEVER able to do that before as it was an automatic pick-off out.

6) Appears that they fixed the stolen base glitch with runners on the corners. Don't know about anyone else, but I was able to exploit that one all the time (1st & 3rd, you send the runner on first, and for some reason the catcher would throw to third base, giving you an easy steal.) I tried it three times and all three times the catcher threw to 2nd, catching me for the out all three times with speedy runners.

7) Unfortunately, I didn't see any change in making stealing easier in normal situations as the patch notes say.

8) I noticed way more foul balls when you get the "big blue box" for a fastball right down the middle when using batter's eye.

9) I got several batters (including myself) to hit pop-ups on the infield (actually very shallow into the outfield, but still, never saw those pre-patch). Still no pop-ups to catchers.

10) Pitchers still seem to be hockey goalies, making amazing grabs of hot liners back through the box. I can understand pitchers making the play, sure. But not several times a game, every game.

11) Double switching does indeed work properly with one exception. I couldn't figure out how to keep the guy that I used to pinch-hit for the pitcher in the game when making the double switch. The game always made me select someone different off the bench for the double switch.

12) Starting pitchers for the CPU were leaving the game way too early. In all 3 games against FLA & STL, the starter was out of the game by the 5th inning. Adam Wainright had 46 pitches/42 for strikes (yeah, yeah, I know I had zero patience against him) with 9 strikeouts and was pulled from the game for a pinch-hitter with STL leading 3-1. Come on, that's just not happening in real life.

13) You will get "bad gesture" (although no "shaky" cursor) when you try to "short-cut" your gestures while pitching. I define "short cut" as such: pre-patch, you could throw the 12-6 curveball just fine without rotating your right-stick clockwise from 4:00 to 2:00; You could, instead just move it directly from 4:00 to 2:00 in a much easier motion. Another example: slider from 3:00 to 9:00 with a gesture straight across, like throwing a fastball, instead of the big sweep from right to left.

Anyway, if you try the short cut, you get "bad gesture" and the pitch will likely miss the strike zone, although I was able to get a few in there for strikes.

14) I was going to post that the hitting (for both clubs) was WAY too easy on the default Pro sliders from the patch as I scored 9 runs on 12 hits in my first 2 innings. But then, I didn't do so hot, scoring only 1 more run the rest of the game, changing my theory to: "Oh, I scored 9 runs because the Marlins had Burke Badenhop starting the game for whatever reason." However, I beat STL by scores of 3-2 and 5-4, although hit totals for both clubs were still a bit off for low scoring contests (I had 18 and 17 hits, respectively, while the Cards had 18 and 21!)

15) Okay, this one isn't a problem with the patch, but just a gripe with the game. I notice so much cheering/booing from the stands on base hits that score runs that it really adds to the game. But then a batter later will hit a home run (a big one, at that) and it's like a morgue as he rounds the bases. 2k10 has to fix this.

Anyway, thanks for reading. I thought for sure others would have posted some stuff like this but I didn't see it anywhere yet. Perhaps with the newness of the patch I just missed the thread about it or something.

I agree with most the stuff you have listed here...unfortunately I have yet to get check swing to work. The pitching is much harder now as you said you must have your gestures perfect now, which makes the game more interesting. I to have played 3 games now but when the pitcher is at bat he's still getting nothing but strikes. I even just stood there and took pitches for 1 whole game just to see if he would get a ball...nothing but strikes.

the patch is good, excpfor me except for a couple things.

1 the decrease of pitcher ingings . had calton like pitcher pitching inngigs like a carlton and licrum doing the same for me, but now there down to about 5-6 innings each. the things that poping up on me and and dont if there new to me because changes or just hadnt been seeing is.

1 on double steals 2 and 1 to 3 and 2, you had a chance to get one of them, you cant get them at all now. the tag sometimes appears to be there in time but is safe called.

2 on steals to 2 a guy gets in and clearly safe, no call is made. he comes off of the bag and the 2b or ss is able get him on a tag since he still has the ball. this the ball thrown from catcher. beofre as soon has the runner was in the ball would go back to the pitcher, not this.

3 on a pop down the line falls in, fine, and the ss and left fidler goes after it, the runner stops at first for a moment, but then if ss gets he holds on to the ball not getting back in or doing anything, so the runner takes off 2 without the ss even moving.

i hadnt had these before that i saw.

so i dont know if these are new or just me.

Archived