Patch Is Released For Pc

hackman2007

I have decreased my contact and power sliders post patch...two guys with multi HRs in a game doesnt seem like the kinda thing that will hold me for long.

Yep same here. I've dropped the hitting contact for user and cpu to 15 starting today. If hitting continues to be easy I may just drop those numbers to 5.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

let us know how those numbers work for you griz, I have cpu con/pow on 70! Mine is 40 for both and Im getting around 12 runs and 20 hits a game. Thing Im worried about is that the sliders wont help much for some reason. Someone said that too many strikes are being thrown and I think their right. Ive lowered that too, but Im still jackin'em.

It seems that the general consensus is that the patch does not work with an existing franchise and we need to start a new one.

Could someone clarify exactly which patch features are missing if you continue your existing franchise?

So far I seem to be able to do check swings and change the hitting mode to classic in my old franchise. Not quite sure what else to look for that is objective and verifiable (ex. check swings) rather than ones that are subjective (ex. more/less aggressive betters, pitchers throwing more/less strikes, etc)

seems to be working fine for me.Ive checked swung and the one thing ive noticed mainly is i have been able to lead off second and have even stole 3rd,where as before the patch id get picked off at 2nd as soon as i tried to lead off.Another thing that i was never able to do before the patch is my catcher throwing a runner stealing against me and i did it once so far since the patch

its works with exiting all right, i get the new bug where the runner goes int 2b is safe, but ends up out. i because of that the pitching starts are going to short and the dh choice not being change like it was before, i chose for now to go back to pre patch play, until fielding/running issue fixed. if fixed. and the starting pitching resloved.post patch i dont a have single pitcher pitch 6 innings its like 4-5 if that. not good. that running and feilding thing is a bit of an issue. the DH use, i'd to have it was pre patch, but if i can the rest, i guess i live with it being locked down.

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing I noticed with my existing franchise is that I couldn't switch to classic controls. I was slightly bummed at first, but I am enjoying my reboot. It's a fun game.

I've seen this posted on other forums, and don't know why people say this is not possible. Just fired up my franchise and switched from Total Control to Classic. Using Logitech Dual Action Controller.

Get to the Controller screen below:

ridgfd.jpg

Clicked My Left-Analog stick to get the following screen. (Before):

29eg568.jpg

(After):

2857ol.jpg

after updating my gamestop version with the patch my game just crashes everytime before i can get to the field. :(

You need to head over to 2K's forums and get in touch with 2K Admin Ron. Remember reading that some were having issues applying the patch to certain versions of the game. Retail disc vs. Digital Download.

Good luck.

http://www.2ksports.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=189

You need to head over to 2K's forums and get in touch with 2K Admin Ron. Remember reading that some were having issues applying the patch to certain versions of the game. Retail disc vs. Digital Download.

Good luck.

http://www.2ksports.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=189

thankx. Ijust deleted all my old files and no more crashing. Heads up for anyone having the same issues.

I finally downloaded and installed the patch and I'm fairly disappointed with it (this is all in My Player mode):

Tuned pickoff abilities – lowered the probability that the users will get picked off at 2nd base.

They may have adjusted this if the player is on 2nd base but they didn't seem to to anything about if one of your teammates is on 2nd. They're still getting picked off constantly. It seems they also made an adjustment to 1st base pickoffs because now I'm seeing my teammates get picked off there constantly and I've already been picked off 1st 3 times after installing the patch.

Tuned steal success rate – made it a bit easier to successfully steal.

This does seem to be working better now. Although, it is still easier to steal home than 3rd.

Improved the tagging logic so the catcher attempts tags on players coming home on all throws and close plays.

Seems to be fixed.

Fixed a bug where pitchers were regaining stamina once they reached stamina of 25.

CPU pitchers were staying in too long/throwing too many pitches.

This would explain why pitchers were going into 150+ pitch counts in my games. Now relievers actually come in.

One thing that was not mentioned (and obviously not worked on) is AI baserunning. You come up to bat with 0 or 1 outs and a man on 3rd. You hit a deep fly ball to the warning track and the CPU runner on third goes halfway down the line waiting for the outfielder to catch the ball. He then has to go back to the bag to tag-up and can't score.

I've only played as a 2B in My Player but it is still virtually impossible to turn a double-play if the ball isn't hit directly at you. The game seems to choose the wrong animation for throwing to second (spinning the wrong way, too slow, overhand when it should be underhand, etc).

Overall the game seems to be playing a bit better but still far from perfect. :(

One thing that was not mentioned (and obviously not worked on) is AI baserunning. You come up to bat with 0 or 1 outs and a man on 3rd. You hit a deep fly ball to the warning track and the CPU runner on third goes halfway down the line waiting for the outfielder to catch the ball. He then has to go back to the bag to tag-up and can't score.

This was mentioned in the patch notes and I have seen some[/b[] improvement, although only very little. In sac fly situations, the runner on third will now tag up correctly around 2 out of 10 times...and 2 might be being generous. The first time I tried after the patch, it worked fine. "Great! Fixed!", I thought. Not so. I've only seen it once more in around 10-15 attempts.

Archived