Stealing Our Work

udwph

Our friend safalove / sauravi posted another response over at Operation Sports. Below is my response. I broke up his post into individual blocks, since he was trying to make multiple points, and I responded to each one individually.

They claim that the patch is very simple.

It is a ridiculous claim.

Total patch has been pointed out in a very simple.

No one ever said the patch was simple. It's obviously very complex since you had to combine so many separate mods into a single download.

And no reason was blocking me unconditionally.

No reason? How about the fear that you would download even MORE mods and include them in your patch, claiming them as your own?

I feel very bad.

There is a chance to explain

You had your chance to explain and to make things right, but you chose not to until your access was blocked. Sorry, but it's too little, too late.....

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate to beat a dead horse, but I was glancing at that dude's website again out of curiousity, and they continue to post all the mods that are contributed here. It irritates the crap out of me. Not to mention there are quite a few decent original mods being created and posted over there all the time. I wish somebody who can translate Korean better than I can could download all of those mods and upload them to share here. Or better yet, claim they were your creations, put them all into one big file, create a fancy graphic page, and post it there with a great big FU from all the modders here that were ripped off. Just a random thought... :diablo:

I hate to beat a dead horse, but I was glancing at that dude's website again out of curiousity, and they continue to post all the mods that are contributed here. It irritates the crap out of me. Not to mention there are quite a few decent original mods being created and posted over there all the time. I wish somebody who can translate Korean better than I can could download all of those mods and upload them to share here. Or better yet, claim they were your creations, put them all into one big file, create a fancy graphic page, and post it there with a great big FU from all the modders here that were ripped off. Just a random thought... :diablo:

That tells me that someone else is downloading this stuff for that Korean website.

And if we did this on our site here we would be no better than them, although I fully understand your frustration here. It just isn't right.

From what I can see, there are at least 4-5 people that are posting these mods on that website. Youre right though, as frustrating as it is, I wouldnt stoop to their level, but I would temporarily put all dignity aside and benefit from somebody else stooping to their level... :spiteful:

does anyone know what they have over there that we dont have here??and who nis to say if they did have other stuff that it isnt from someone elses website that they stole off of them,if they did it here im sure they would do it from another source

Maybe we should ask Jim if he can introduce an IP-Ban against these Korean guys, so the will have to at least use a proxy to rip of this site. I'm imagening how their faces would look like if they couldn't access this site anymore :diablo:. But on the contrary we are punishing all honest koreans.

Well, for starters, on the left side of the web page is various menus that contain all the mods. Look under the menu "MPGM PATCH," then click on "OVERSEAS PATCH." There you will find all the mods from here as well as the user names for those numbnuts who swiped them off here.. If you click on "Domestic Patch," you will see all the mods that they create themselves. And also, click on "STADIUM PATCH," and you will see all the stadium mods that were posted here. Oh yeah, and that so called total patch they created has been updated twice. Dont know whats in it though. I get a blank screen when I click on pretty much anything there since I'm not "privileged" according to their rules... :cray:

i just looked over at the korean site and i noticed they allready have zachs portraits available there according to the translated page,only name i see from the uploader there is Edin Cavani but i dont see that name listed here so not sure if that info will help u jim or not,the upload date there is june 6th

i just looked over at the korean site and i noticed they allready have zachs portraits available there according to the translated page,only name i see from the uploader there is Edin Cavani but i dont see that name listed here so not sure if that info will help u jim or not,the upload date there is june 6th.

It would be a miracle if any of the user names on that site matched any that they use here. Hard to tell with the ridiculous names they use, and the annoying Hello Kitty, Power Ranger, Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z, Pikachu, or whatever the hell icons they have next to their names... :facepalm:

It would be a miracle if any of the user names on that site matched any that they use here. Hard to tell with the ridiculous names they use, and the annoying Hello Kitty, Power Ranger, Pokemon, Dragon Ball Z, Pikachu, or whatever the hell icons they have next to their names... :facepalm:

Food for thought my IP address has been banned from acess to their site. I had to run a server proxy.

I'm wishing they wouldn't have taken the route they did because I also believe they do have some (though not a lot) of original worth while work that I can't get anywhere else. I liked the 360 controller overlays, the skin mods and a few of the batting gloves, mits, and cleats that I haven't seen anywhere else. From what I can understand and have read it looks as though in the most recent updates they have worked on grass reflection and dirt mods that would be nice to have as well. I think what sucks is while they have access to our work we are restricted even further from getting theirs due mostly to a language barrier. I think it would be more then fair if someone got a hold of their mods and posted them here giving an "unknown" as the author until further agreements can be reached. If we even know who was the author we could post the name too so we would not be stooping to their level. Just some ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

just a lil update i just went on the korean site and i see they have my uni updates allready and whats interesting is i see a rogers sportsnet was uploaded on that site by edin cavani and that file was uploaded here at 1231 am ,i dont know if jim can see who downloads from here but my guess is if u can tell who downloaded that file from here between 1231am and 200am eastern time ,then thats the person whos still stealing from here.At the time i posted this message there were only 6 downloads of that file

It has to be more than one person though. Its harder to ban multiple people from downloading here. I would certainly have a thieving posse to help me if I was a shmuck like those guys. It wouldnt surprise me if somebody used some sort of devious workaround or a way to disguise a multiple account? :unsure:

just a lil update i just went on the korean site and i see they have my uni updates allready and whats interesting is i see a rogers sportsnet was uploaded on that site by edin cavani and that file was uploaded here at 1231 am ,i dont know if jim can see who downloads from here but my guess is if u can tell who downloaded that file from here between 1231am and 200am eastern time ,then thats the person whos still stealing from here.At the time i posted this message there were only 6 downloads of that file

I've sent a PM to Trues to ask him if downloads are tracked. If so, we should be able to find out who downloaded the file.

I've sent a PM to Trues to ask him if downloads are tracked. If so, we should be able to find out who downloaded the file.

I have tried to download the link not logged into this site and haven't found a way to do or hack the link so security seems not to be a problem.

The way I understand how that site works is they post links to sites not upload our downloads but link to the downloads. Somehow go around security? My one file was download 50 times in an hour but in that hour there was on 20 or so memebers shown as online and me being the only one on the download page.

I have done my own investigation and haven't found a way to do this. But they are taking our work and exploiting it that is for sure!!!

I'll have a look at the database and see what I can find.

cool so far from what ive seen that edin guy is the only one i can tell getting stuff from here so maybe thats him u blocked.Im limited to using the translated page so i cant access too much there.I lucked out at noticing the rogers sportsnet being uploaded here then shortly after it appearing on the other site.I was checking to see if any my updates were uploaded there so guess i was on at the right time lol was like 2am here when i noticed

Looks like they only mention mvpmods as a direct link for just a couple of mods. I see mods from 2k10 and 2k11. Lots of stuff from moddingway too. Heres a list of user names on that website that are taking mods from you guys:

1. Heart2.Chaepeurin

3. Gradually

4. Grace

5. Victoria

6. Film

7. Chikinreon

8. freeman619

9. eugeneroe06

10. hebi

11. valarouss

12. 0716gon

13. Flirt

14. Edin Cavani

I wonder. Is anybody here really who they say they are? :unsure: Lol

I found an IP from Taiwan that downloaded that file at 12:38am this morning. I'm going to block that IP range for now and go from there.

I am who I say I am............ My IP is from Thailand.............. So please don't block me..............

I am who I say I am............ My IP is from Thailand.............. So please don't block me..............

That's EXACTLY what someone would say if they wanted us to think they were someone they weren't.... :wacko:

That's EXACTLY what someone would say if they wanted us to think they were someone they weren't.... :wacko:

That's my point............. But I started this thread and its my work that is being exploited. :drinks:

I think everyone here takes stealing mods personal. Im not a modder and Im furious. Its plagiarism or some other big word.. Can you copyright a mod even though it isnt for sale? I dont mind reading a legal disclaimer before I download anything from now on. Just dont screw anybody on any lengthy processing time before approving and confirming my download... :shok:

udwph ur not blocked because u wouldnt have been able to post if ur ip was effected, scotty im not sure if a person could copyright a mod because its actually a modification of an original file so not sure if there could be a legal claim to do that or not,

Archived