Stealing Our Work

udwph

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

udwph ur not blocked because u wouldnt have been able to post if ur ip was effected, scotty im not sure if a person could copyright a mod because its actually a modification of an original file so not sure if there could be a legal claim to do that or not,

HAHAHAHA I know...............

If you make an all original IFF file with only the files that you make then it can be copyrighted. My legal office went on to say this is the problem, you make works using the NIKE logo and or other companies, then that 3rd party has legal rights for the use of their trademark, copyrighted product and in most cases would want a usage fee to use their name. That is one reason why this year 2k11 MLB has no Pepsi ads in the stadiums most likely Pepsi didn't pay. Everything has Visual Concepts logo on them. They don't want to pay and or other companies don't want to pay or fallow guidelines.

My company, we do graphic designs for 3 beer companies, Coke, Pepsi & Big Cola They require us to sign a dis-closer agreement not to reproduce their designs or expose them before they are released.

You can make the same IFF files using you own logo and such. The file is then NOT a modification it is an original work using the specification that the game requires to play. Most of us use the file from the game and do mods on that file and put it back into the game.

I have also not read the fine print of Visual Concepts or 2ksports. But I am sure they state something somewhere about all of this. All companies dealing in service and sales has legal teams set up.

Trust the lawyers!!!! :diablo:

HAHAHAHA I know...............

If you make an all original IFF file with only the files that you make then it can be copyrighted. My legal office went on to say this is the problem, you make works using the NIKE logo and or other companies, then that 3rd party has legal rights for the use of their trademark, copyrighted product and in most cases would want a usage fee to use their name. That is one reason why this year 2k11 MLB has no Pepsi ads in the stadiums most likely Pepsi didn't pay. Everything has Visual Concepts logo on them. They don't want to pay and or other companies don't want to pay or fallow guidelines.

My company, we do graphic designs for 3 beer companies, Coke, Pepsi & Big Cola They require us to sign a dis-closer agreement not to reproduce their designs or expose them before they are released.

You can make the same IFF files using you own logo and such. The file is then NOT a modification it is an original work using the specification that the game requires to play. Most of us use the file from the game and do mods on that file and put it back into the game.

I have also not read the fine print of Visual Concepts or 2ksports. But I am sure they state something somewhere about all of this. All companies dealing in service and sales has legal teams set up.

Trust the lawyers!!!! :diablo:

So Nike would be angry even if say, the logo was turned upside down instead? What if you turned it sideways instead like a comma? Would some hotshot lawyer sue the modder, on behalf of the English language, for using punctuation without legal consent? :unknw:

So Nike would be angry even if say, the logo was turned upside down instead? What if you turned it sideways instead like a comma? Would some hotshot lawyer sue the modder, on behalf of the English language, for using punctuation without legal consent? :unknw:

Exactly right.

Exactly right.

Don't know would they?

Isn't that making your own logo then?

It falls under copyright laws.

Thats all about big money!!

What we post or upload here has nothing to do with that.

FOR US HERE ITS NOT ABOUT MONEY!!!

We do this to share. Share here on MVPmods and not to have our work and what we shared with other to enjoy exploited on other sites or used on DVD's for profit.

Who would of thought 10 years ago that the recording industry would go after P2P for sharing music.

I just read in the news today how the gaming industry is on an all time decline and they see no end to that slide who knows..........

http://blog.games.yahoo.com/blog/766-may-video-game-sales-worst-in-five-years

Yeah. Who would of thought that bottled water would make billions of dollars. Fresh air is gonna be for sale next. Or better yet, it will be another utility we have to pay for. Sorry, we are sending you this notice to inform you that you havent paid your bill for fresh air for a period of over 90 days. Therefore we will be turning your fresh air off as of 9:00 a.m. tomorrow... Have a nice day :yahoo:

Yeah. Who would of thought that bottled water would make billions of dollars. Fresh air is gonna be for sale next. Or better yet, it will be another utility we have to pay for. Sorry, we are sending you this notice to inform you that you havent paid your bill for fresh air for a period of over 90 days. Therefore we will be turning your fresh air off as of 9:00 a.m. tomorrow... Have a nice day :yahoo:

This works really well.............. I use this translator often they also have an ad-on for firefox

http://imtranslator.net/translation/

8475 2k11 Umpire uniforms by pena1 2k11 Umpire uniforms by pena1 [ 6 ] [6] uploaeder Nugunyaneon 2011.06.08 06/08/2011 322 322 0 0

=DS= Brad Penny (FINAL v3) by DetroitStyle MVPmods

10083 Brad Penny - 디트로이트 타이거즈 Brad Penny - Detroit Tigers [ 3 ] [3] Mercury

2011.06.23 23/06/2011 108 108 0 0

10082 Henry Ramirez - 플로리다 마린즈 Henry Ramirez - Florida marinjeu [ 2 ] [2]

a​ ​h​r​e​f​ Mercury

2011.06.23 23/06/2011 95 95 0 0

9939 ADAM DUNN - 시카고 화이트삭스 ADAM DUNN - Chicago White Sox [ 5 ] [5]

a​ ​h​r​e​f​ Mercury

2011.06.21 21/06/2011 136 136 1 1

Everything that gets uploaded here is on their site. They made some changes over there everything is now in Korean nothing is in English but they keep stealing our work.......

http://translate.google.co.th/translate?hl=en&sl=ko&u=http://cafe.naver.com/mlbgamemania&ei=G-cDTreJCdDjrAfRvqGhDA&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBoQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://cafe.naver.com/mlbgamemania%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DG%26prmd%3Divns

• 1 month later...

So I have been snooping around on that Korean site to see if there was anyway to try to figure out how to download anything form it. I did miraculously somehow set up a Naver account and sign in. For approximately 24 hours or so I could sign in to Naver that is until they blocked my log in name. While I was able to log in however I was able to view a certain amount of stuff but had trouble figuring out how to download anything at all. After being enormously frustrated :diablo: I began torrent searching the different "Total Patches" they had released and stumbled across all MPGM MLB2K11 Total Patch's up to v2.0. Now I have successfully downloaded them onto my computer but still need a "password" in order to install the .exe to find out what is in the files they have released. I tried the password Safalove used for the v1.0 of this but it did not work. So here is what I am offering as of now... Safalove or someone from that Korean site that knows the password can do the right thing and share it with me; since hundreds of my roster files have been downloaded via their web site without permission I think this would be more then fair. I think the loss of communication and cooperation between the two groups is hurting both communities immensely. I hope this site and safalove or someone representing the Koreasn site (which I know will read this) can allow for re-newed discussions on what work is being used and how to properly credit for it. I know the language barrier has made it difficult so far but I don't think that should stop us from sharing our common works. Safalove was at first more then willing to openly release his work here (though it did include things he downloaded from here) until many people jumped all over him and started ask moderators to find ways to ban them. I don't think anyone is winning from this whole argument; and like I said in an earlier post. All of us are using someone elses original work and modding it without permission from the MLB or 2K so we should be more understandable. However if Safalove and others decide to continue to keep their patches and mods to themselves and make it alomost impossible to download they leave me no choice... I promise you I will a way to un-crack the password and began releasing the mods all over torrent sites and any others that will allow me to post them and give your team or people absolutely no credit. It's your call. I really hope we can find a way to work this out.

They just released version 3.0. I think after 1.0 was released to the general public, Safalove or whoever started PMing people with passwords with subsequent patch releases. Also, I think every integration patch starts out as a beta version thats released, and people then test it for bugs. Lol, basically there ends up being multiple patches for a Patch. :facepalm:

Archived