Stealing Our Work

udwph

On a side note... I just noticed my latest roster update popped up on his terribly coded Korean site. Proof that even if we ban him it won't stop him or others from getting a hold our work. I must say that I'm a little flattered there are that many people in other countries are using my rosters but they way he is going about this is wrong. From what I can see he never even puts up the author's name on my roster file download. :mad: Wanted to give BSU some global attention dang it.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a side note... I just noticed my latest roster update popped up on his terribly coded Korean site. Proof that even if we ban him it won't stop him or others from getting a hold our work. I must say that I'm a little flattered there are that many people in other countries are using my rosters but they way he is going about this is wrong. From what I can see he never even puts up the author's name on my roster file download. :mad: Wanted to give BSU some global attention dang it.

I'm from the SF Bay Area, and the same kind of nonsense goes on here too. Off the top of my head, I can think of 4-5 specialty stores that sell anime and bootlegged dvds and modded games at off the wall prices because there is a big market for it. It just cant be stopped. Its a perfect example of technology ruining humankind.... :yahoo: :clapping:

They probably didn't want to give you the credit because they couldn't spell BSU.

Actually when you look into the member list the first that are listed are all korean. so banning safa was only a finger in the dike. those will i think share all the files from here even if the main leecher is away.

I just posted my 2 cents over at Operation Sports about this situation, pointing out the fact that it's the guys here who should be getting the kudos and not safalove. I minced no words about it and clearly stated that he is stealing work that was created here.

Look like he went to operation sports site and is posting the work there claiming it is his, everyone giving him kudos for hard work, here hoping his PC crashes. lol.

Thank you Jim825

From Operation Sports:

Jim825

Rookie

:angry: Re: MLB2K11 Total Patch Previews

Originally Posted by kumala

these mods are on mvpmods.com, this guy is borrowing some of the mods there to put into one mod. He is on a korean site and you can't get immediate access.

That's not exactly correct. He is downloading them from MVPMods, putting them in his mod and claiming them as his own without giving proper credit to the guys who actually created them. That's not borrowing. That's STEALING.....

What can we do about it? Nothing, other than to point out that others should be getting a pat on the back for this great work and not him.

And in case anyone is wondering if I'm simply crying sour grapes here, none of the stolen work is mine. I don't have MLB2K11. My modding consists of creating MVP2005 Total Classics mods.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/mlb-2k/485779-mlb2k11-total-patch-previews.html

I just posted my 2 cents over at Operation Sports about this situation, pointing out the fact that it's the guys here who should be getting the kudos and not safalove. I minced no words about it and clearly stated that he is stealing work that was created here.

His username om Operation Sports is sauravi

That username is used on this site as well and logged in Yesterday, 04:50 PM same person as safalove?

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showuser=45911

Also does banning him from the site keep him off here? Can he just make another account or do you ban the IP address? I supposed he could use an IP changer though. Just curious.

I personally check the information for every new member who signs up. If he does create a new account (which he did yesterday morning!), I will know and I'll simply ban the new account and its IP address.

His username om Operation Sports is sauravi

That username is used on this site as well and logged in Yesterday, 04:50 PM same person as safalove?

http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?showuser=45911

It probably is. That could be the first account this guy used when he joined here. Then he probably forgot his password to this account and made a new one.

I personally check the information for every new member who signs up. If he does create a new account (which he did yesterday morning!), I will know and I'll simply ban the new account and its IP address.

And you know as well as anyone else Jim that one try to make a new account is not going to stop him. He'll be back.

You made a good post over there on that other site. I only hope that now they realize what this guy is doing is wrong.

I just saw your posting, knew I reconized the name but no hulk picture lol.

Well, safalove / sauravi posted a response to my post over at Operation Sports. Here's what he wrote:

Your argument makes no sense.

What the hell, we are blocked until the ID?

I did not receive any reason

mvpmod deliberately broke the conversation

You claim to be converted? 1000 / 1?? is too small

Honestly, seems to be doing just jealous, jealous

Block ID is difficult, since they communicate with

mvpmods money as before the patch you think?

Is a bad idea

Yup, that explains everything. :huh:

Well, safalove / sauravi posted a response to my post over at Operation Sports. Here's what he wrote:

Yup, that explains everything. :huh:

Ummmm....yeah sure...I'm gonna need the next few weeks to decipher that gem of an explanation, arguement, or whatever the hell he's trying to say. Lol! That's pretty funny. Thank you for your involvement in this Jim...it's much appreciated.

DrEvil.jpg

Wow, you guys need an interpreter here or what? Well, lucky for you I understand exactly what safalove was trying to say in his well thought, carefully word-chosen post:

As follows

Your argument makes no sense.

What the hell, we are blocked until the ID?

I did not receive any reason

mvpmod deliberately broke the conversation

You claim to be converted? 1000 / 1?? is too small

Honestly, seems to be doing just jealous, jealous

Block ID is difficult, since they communicate with

mvpmods money as before the patch you think?

Is a bad idea

Translation: Waaaaaahhhhhh. Waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!

Anything else you need translating just give me a call. Anything to help you guys, that's what I'm about.

Archived